Fedor's chances of going into the UFC increasing

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Delinquent, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

told yall the loss to werdum was the best thing that could ever happen to fedor. fedors hungry again, wants to be more active, and most importantly, co promotion demands with m-1 global are gone. UFC or bust

M-1 Global boss and Fedor Emelianenko's manager, Vadim Finkelstein, discussed his client's surprising loss to Fabricio Werdum and the future negotiations with Strikeforce. Finkelstein declared that he completely sure Fedor Emelianenko will bounce back from his defeat, stating that Strikeforce should listen to M-1's opinion if they want to extend their contract with "The Last Emperor".

Also, Vadim Finkelstein hit back at Dana White's verbal assault on Fedor Emelianenko. But stated that the agreement between the Ultimate Fighting Championship and M-1 Global is still possible. MMAFighting.com recently reported that M-1 Global closed their HQ in Holland, which was later described by the organization as "restructuring" and only a coincidence after Fedor's loss.

what got my hopes up was this

"2. Maybe not a co-promotion (like we offered before), but at least co-branding"

dana would be down with co-branding. when dana offered a contract to fedors management before strikeforce signed him, he was willing to let fedor wear m-1 global logos on his shorts and what not, just not co-promote all together with the ufc
    test
  2. Crack Sabb

Crack Sabb Maca Survivor, baby.

Would still like to see the guy in UFC, but that streak was THE bargaining chip and m1 needs to get real humble real fast.

Fedor will likely still pull Lesnar money, but they aren't going to have dumptrucks of cash for him like before.
    test
  3. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

which is why the loss was a good thing

now, m-1 doesnt have a choice but to let uncle dana give it to them raw in the ass. plus, fedor isnt about the money really tbh
    test
  4. Crack Sabb

That's the thing though, Strikeforce needs Fedor more than UFC, so it's possible the negotiations will reflect that.

In a way, an immediate rematch with Werdum which Fedor would likely win would be kinda dumb for Strikeforce to book. Let Werdum fight the champ and let Fedor fight bigfoot or arlovski again. If fedor wins, we see who he signs with. If it's UFC, Strikeforce has the guy that beat Fedor.
    test
  5. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

they wont put fedor against arlovski, and big foot is gonna fight sergei

and overeem wants to take a break to do media shit and spend time with family, which is one of the reasons why he didnt wanna fight on the DREAM.15 card. so fedor vs werdum II is most likely what's next
    test
  6. Crack Sabb

I know.

Dudes gonna avenge his loss and book, leaving strikeforce with just overeem.
    test
  7. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

indeed. hoping overeem heads to the ufc soon too though

jake shields also said hes gonna try and have melendez and diaz go to the ufc when their strikeforce contracts are expired like he did

once that happens, SF demises, then the UFC scoops up all of their top guys

helloooooooooooo super fights
    test
  8. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Like i said, this is what i hoped would happen after that loss.....His whole marketing thing was "I am undefeated", now that he has a legit loss he's back to being just another great fighter.

Hopefully they work something out and we can see some great heavy weight fights with fedor in the UFC
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

If he's smart he would sign with the UFC before fighting overeem, I mean he could win but he coudl also lose. Then he'd be on a two loss streak, which is not a good look when moving to the ufc.

Think only Wanderlie was able to do that right?
    test
  10. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

test
  11. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

im tellin you right now... m1 wants to go to ufc, they have no intentions of resigning with strikeforce unless they cant come to an agreement with the ufc again and i doubt it'll happen being they lost a lot of leverage

m1 saying that if strikeforce wants to negotiate another contract after fedors last fight they should listen to them and make it fedor/werdum 2... honestly, i dont think if strikeforce makes that fight that they'll consider re-signing with them, i think they want the match for 2 reasons. fedor never lost before, and to a guy who also beat his brother, he feels a way about it and for his own state of mind he wants to beat werdum. the other reason is m1, even though not getting leverage back can argue again hes the greatest, he fell and picked himself back up and beat the only fighter to ever beat him..

at the end its all about the way he goes out

if they leave strikeforce, he might never get another chance to fight werdum again and everyone will always hold that card over his head when they talk about how good he is
    test
  12. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

^^That's gay as fuck though, Werdum should fight the champ of the organization before he gets a rematch.
    test
  13. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

why is everyone assuming fedor will win? he could certainly lose twice to werdum.

then he would just run the gamut in ufc.
    test
  14. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

because fedor will keep the fight standing this time and/or not get careless like the first time

cung le vs scott smith aura tbh
    test
  15. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

because fedor is smart? either way im not saying he will, but thats the way m1 is looking at it, clearly.. being they represent fedor, why wouldnt they assume he'll win? they've put everything on him this far no reason to stop anytime soon
    test
  16. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

not referring to M1, i mean everyone in here. just because he wants to keep it standing doesn't mean it will stay standing.

but if he goes to ufc, he'll destroy pretty much everyone easily. only problems would be brock if he took fedor down, or...uh...we'll see after the cain-lesnar fight.
    test
  17. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

brock taking fedor down wont be much of a factor for brock. fedor is dangerous off his back and has great submissions. sure, brock was able to donkey kong mir, but mir is a sissy and folds against bigger guys and cant handle pressure
    test
  18. d-( -_- )-b

d-( -_- )-b Thumbs Up For Utley

awesome.

next july - fedor vs lesnar
    test
  19. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

looks like my photoshop i made a while back may come true, UFC 121 is the last UFC PPV this year

UFC 125: Fedor vs Brock

[​IMG]
    test
  20. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

he folds when he's get wailed on, yes. but he can donkey kong anyone really. if he's on top, i don't care what anyone says - you're gonna have a tough fuckin time gettin a submission on any upper body part, or moving around enough to get a lower body part.

i think brock's ground game as far as top control goes is sound. haven't seen him face anyone off his back, and i think it would be bad for him to face fedor this year or early next year unless he learns how to bob and weave instead of run for the fences and crouch down.

fedor, though he and carwin did the same exact thing, won't punch himself out. he has enough stamina and would go for a sub or let brock stand back up.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.