fedor!!!!

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by thaRooster, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Shit i wonder how much Kimbo got paid for the reality show he was on, which is still the highest viewed of all time. Prolly NOTHING
    test
  2. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

lol floyd didnt make even close to 60 million. he made like 20 million. if he fights paq each man will probably make like 30 million each
    test
  3. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i dont have a specific link its been said by interviewers, in payout talk, etc..

brock, gsp, silva.. they all get ppv cuts, im sure some others do as well

heres a breakdown of coutures contract

this was in 2007, imagine now with so many new markets they've opened?

heres a breakdown of what they believe gsp makes based on what couture made in 2007, being there is much more money being made now.

so in ufc 111, if this is anywhere near true, which if couture got what he did its not hard to believe gsp makes a small margin more being hes basically the ufc posterboy they bring him to all new markets if you didnt notice...

heres the link theres more on there
    http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/gsp-makes-4-4million-year-1528305/

even if thats inflated and you bring gsp's ppv rate down to what coutures was exactly he's making over a million from ufc 111 alone.. easy. your telling me thats really that bad? i think they've got it made once they reach the top.
    test
  4. thaRooster

yeah theres pleny of guys out there that looked decent coming off 1-2 good wins and then were exposed as shit fighters. sokodujo, houston alexander, mark hunt, brandon vera(ok veras not shit but hes been exposed as not great) . this type of shit happens all the time with the bigger guys cuz everyone in that division has the power to catch someone and knock them out

and in terms of sylvia, him leaving the ufc really was the beginning of the revival of the hw division. randy won the title, sylvia left, brock came in, mir got healthy, and cain and jds started climbing the ladder. when sylvia was a champion it was a joke. it was just him and andrei and then guys like assuerio silva.

when it comes to brock, im not tryin to make any bets. i dont know whos winning that fight.....id actually put jds as the favorite based on brocks last 2 performances, and the fact that jds is a more dangerous striker then both carwin and cain. but i was just saying you need to chill out with your brock hating. dude is a rookie to the game and fighting harder competition then fedor
    test
  5. jayoo

brock gets hate because people like you consider him top 5 but then turn around and say fedor doesnt belong there... you need to re-evaluate, if fedor isnt there you should know damn well brock isnt. how is 5-6 fights total in your career enough to give you a top 5 spot anyway?? the guy was ranked 2 with 4 fights.. that shit is a joke. i know the hw division all around lacks in comparison to the lighter weights but there are plenty of good hw's out there brock has never been anywhere near #2.
    test
  6. jayoo

also.. hughes got a 7 figure signing bonus? damnn.. couture got 500k bonus for fighting sylvia? these guys are definitely looked out for..

test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

yeah my bad, i meant 20, 60 is what he made all year lol

still over 10x's as much as a UFC fighter will make, even with that 1 percent they allegedly get off the ppv

i always say allegedly cause it's still private so they don't release actual numbers publicly so they can inflate as much as they want to (allegedly)
    test
  8. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Does UFC pay for all travel and training expenses??

Im sure that shit can run into a lot of money....

But also dont fighters teach at gyms?? Im sure some of them get a hefty few grand an hr for private sessions init

PEACE
    test
  9. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

To make matters worse? "Average" boxing champs make many times more than 95% of MMA guys and more than their biggest stars do too.MMA guys are HORRIBLY underpaid,and MMA companies are CRIMINALLY OVERPAID.I still staunchly believe that--on a fight per fight basis--boxing displays significantly crisper technique and skill mastery,but like I said that's due to boxing's top two tiers that MMA isn't yet even remotely close to even COMPETING with: boxing's amatuer ranks/feeding system,and most importantly its paycheck.

Check this quote from examiner.com regarding Andre Berto in 2010:

"Aside from that MMA fighters are only paid per fight and even the top ranked UFC fighters only fight up to three times a year, which hardly makes for a million dollar income. In stark contrast the best paid athlete worldwide according to Forbes, golfer Tiger Woods, made $110 million in earnings in 2009 and is the best paid sportsman for the eighth straight year.

One thing is for sure, Andre has no reason to deflect to MMA as long as he can make a better living as boxer."

MMA fighter's brother makes Forbes list of athletes to watch in 2010 - National MMA | Examiner.com
    test
  10. BOX5

BOX5 I'M A MUTHAFUCC'N DUZ'ER

I wouldn't say he's overrated,that is pure stupidity right there, now is he washed up? don't know but it's kinda looking that way,but hey when you face inferior opposition "for the past couple of years" it takes away that edge, yell
    test
  11. BOX5

BOX5 I'M A MUTHAFUCC'N DUZ'ER

brocc ain't never made no 2 mill for a fight,stop lying dana robbing those idiots, i mean somebody said floyd didn't make 60 only like 20 mill,well guess what, that's more then all the lightweights combined minus say a gsp in the ufc in a year!!!!!!, and i agree if brocc ppv's draw over a mill ticcet he should be taking home at the least 10 mill a fight and that's at the least yell
    test
  12. jayoo

what i posted is something couture came out and said himself if you google it you can even look at the ppv part of coutures contract from back in 2007.. its not 1%, its $1 up to 150k buys, then $2 for every buy from there to 330k then $3 for every buy after that..

thats a great deal, and it points toward other top fighters having similar contracts maybe different dollar amounts.. id bet gsp is higher.

my argument now would be.. why complain still? if anything complain boxers make to much. why does a fighter need to make $20 million a fight? that unreal, nobody needs to make THAT much for a fight. cut the extra and promotions should put it toward makin shit happen in this world, imagine if all that extra had been helping things like that for all these years.
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Well i suck at math, but an average ppv is 50-60 dollars depending on hd or not. So that's 1 dollar out of 50 lol....i mean it'really less than 1 %, and the double after 330k aint shit really cause most mma matches do what? like 500k buys if that.

And couture has THE best deal in the UFC, that includes being able to get outside income. He's pretty much the only guy NOT in a slave contract, even if GSP makes a little more now he can't do shit like use his own likeness in other non ufc games ect ect. And would get dropped if he refused.
    test
  14. thaRooster

when youre fighting the best in the world the amount of fights dont really matter. quality over quantity. look at guys like randy and bjs records. initially they look like shit but then when you look at the quality of opponents you realize how good they actually are.

listen....with brock hes fringe top 5. cain is 100% above him no doubt. after that i think if you look at all these dudes recent resumes guys like overeem, fedor, jds, werdum, bigfoot and barnet are all real close....and outside those guys i dont think you can put anyone else over brock.

and to the dudes complaining that fighters dont make enough money, all i can say to that is perhaps you are right.....but im not gonna involve myself in that shit and let it hinder my fandom. thats between the organization and fighters and agents to decide....i do know this. if dana white makes alot of money HE DESERVES THAT SHIT. along with his partners (the fertitas), joe silva, the production guys (the ufc does a hell of a job with its production) and im sure many other behind the scenes guys. this isnt an example of nepotism or inheritence . this truly is a rags to riches story where these men had to put in a shit load of effort, and creativity, and money, and time- you get the idea. mma/ufc in america was basically non existent when dana got in it. now its the fastest growing sport in the entire world!.....with that said sure the fighters deserve to make a shit load of money also. its tough though cuz you wanna compare it to boxing (the most corrupt sport in the world), a sport with no organization that has become HATED because of the greed, the misorganization, and the confusion that comes along with it. besides floyd and manny whos really bringing in the crazy dough? (really just those 2 and the guys lucky enough to fight them)

i mean i dont know if its out there and its mad windy over here so my internet is acting real funny (so i cant do a search for it right now) but does anyone know how much say paul williams and sergio martinez made for their last fight? or maybe devon and bradley? i have no idea but my guess is its probably around the 100,000 mark before sponsorship which is right on par with ufc (i could be wrong though). if noone gets me the answer ill find that shit tomorrow
    test
  15. jayoo

stop saying things im already disproving.. i told you couture said HIMSELF that other fighters have similar contracts as him with ppv cuts, why do you keep saying hes the only one?.. look it up stop saying the opposite when theres shit right on google to prove it.

did you also missed the other shit i posted? clearly you dont read.. ufc 111 had 770,000 buys... grab a calculator and do 3 x 440,000... tell me thats not a good number.. thats not counting every buy below 330k. so you dont think thats enough? yeah the ufc still made over 34 million but.. to get over a million cut off the ppv revenue aside from your show money, win money, bonus money and backstage bonus money.. i think some fighters are livin pretty damn good.

the likeness argument i wont even address because people dont understand the contract they seen a fedor interview where one of his problems was the "likeness" issue now every other person brings it up when they have no idea.
    test
  16. jayoo

as for other guy i stopped reading when you said brock is "fringe top 5"..
    any talk with brock in a top 10 of anything isn't getting read

hes lucky hes in a weightclass that varies as much as it does because if everyone he fought was his exact size he would have 1 win.. shane carwin, because he's got no 2nd round experience. other than shane who'd he beat near his size? couture was 220, mir was around 235-240? (before bulking up) herring was 250.. and brock through all this? cut to 265 and said he walked around at 290-300 on fight night..

nobody sees a big deal in the huge weight differences at hw but it's a big deal that nick diaz is 170 and mayhem miller is 185.. its a big deal that gsp is 170 and anderson silva is 185.. but these differences are ones heavyweights fight with every time they step in the cage

ive never understood that.. silva vs fedor was like jon jones vs a 170lb'er
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.