fedor!!!!

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by thaRooster, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

i copy and pasted this from a fan post over at bloody elbow. that fan was me lol. (you can tell by the complete lack of respect for grammar)

fedor is the most overrated fighter ever. his only great all time wins were noguiera and crocop. in the past 3 years hes beaten washed up and overrated sylvia and arlovski, a joke of an opponent in hong man choi and a DECENT at best (and at the time extremely green bret rogers). then he has 2 losses to wedum and bigfoot. but all that is whatever. its the fact that him and his greedy dumbass promoter finkelstein gassed this guy up to take way less money and glory and not fight in the ufc. the guy was guaranteed like 5 fights where he would got paid like 3 million per fight (at the least). all cuz these clowns had the audacity to try and strong arm dana white and the ufc to put THEIR ppv that they built from the ground up as “ufc/m1 presents….”they wanted to split the earnings on the ppvs (oh but its ok cuz they were willing to split the losses to HAHAHA, like the ufc can potentially lose money on a ppv ever again PLEASE!.)

in the end i feel kinda bad cuz the warrior that is fedor let these guys manipulate him into screwing himself over. and even if he went to the ufc and fought mir and brock think of what coulda happened. a. he could have won, but b. even if he lost, the losses would have been way less of a tarnish to his record, he would of been getting way more money, and the fans and critics would always be able to say that at least he stepped up and tried. this was karma people. i do kinda feel bad for fedor though cuz he seems like a good humble dude and really is an all time great but he let these sleazeballs manipulate him and gas him up into HORRIBLE decisions.
    test
  2. thaRooster

people got awfully upset about this claiming i was fighter bashing and being a troll so i went on to hit them with more facts and information. fedors last 10 fights over a 4 year span......

Wagner “Zuluzinho” da Conceicao Martins(really?), coleman, hunt, lindland, choi, sylvia, arlovski, and rogers (hardly a murderers row for the supposed greatest of all time) and then lost 2 in a row to the only legit guys he took on (ill admit coleman was legit at the time too)
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Lol @ audacity , fuck Dana white I'm glad he didn't become another ufc slave, would of been more comp but trust he's made twice as much in less time with strikeforce
    test
  4. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I do agree fedor was overrated but I don't blame him just his management, he's never quit and would have walked out there And fought with one eye if allowed
    test
  5. thaRooster

dude how can you say fuck dana white. without dana white we probably wouldnt be talking about fighting right now with eachother. and dana threw more money at fedor then any other fighter ever and more then strikeforce has and you know this mannnnn
    test
  6. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

And then he compounded this matter by losing focus in his MMA career and losing to people who should have never caught anything less than a near-coma inducing beating from him.

Unless Fedor gets THE FORCE back somehow--something that appears hella unlikely--he's done in MMA as the top dawg.
    test
  7. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i agree with how m1 has brought around fedor and all that.. but really? in fedors defense.. mark hunt was 5-2 when they fought with wins over crocop and wanderlei when they were both still considered monsters. coleman has always been shaky, sylvia wasnt cut from the ufc he left to fight fedor, he was still considered good at the time. after he lost suddenly he was this "bum" and everyone thinks he got cut. arlovski is technically a great fighter, he has a glass chin though. rogers is a powerful fighter but technically weak.

they aren't bad competition.. especially not back when he fought some of them, your missing good names from his resume but im assuming because you mean as of lately? some people wanna reach waaay to hard to discredit his entire career. if you wanna discredit the last so many years fine but his entire career? lets keep it real.

and losing to mir or brock would have been a MUCH worse blow to his legacy, are you serious? brock? does anyone disagree with me? i think we all know brocks run at the title was a fluke i dont care what anyone say, if he wins it again ill eat my words, but we all know that wont ever happen.
    test
  8. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

That your real name?
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I mean Dana is a marketing genius but he's been known to shaft his fighters, which is why boxers make twice as much ( not just the big names either)

Lol @ fedor making more with the ufc, he offered fedor more than the UFC ever offered a fighter but in affliction and strike force m1 co promoted and made half the profits of every fedor event plus whatever his purse. That's why the ufc deal fell through cause they wanted copromotiom
    test
  10. thaRooster

im not discrediting his entire career im discrediting his last 4 years, and simply claiming my opinion that his only great all time wins were against noguiera and cro cop and ill even throw in coleman. hes considered the greatest mma fighter of all time and thats simply not right. mark hunt may have been 5-2 at the time but cmon now we all know he sucks and really always has. and you cant defend sylvia the ufc DID let him go cuz he was boring and on a downslide and since he left the ufc hes been absoulte shit (he got kod by ray mercer for god sake). and if you look at the arlovski fight a win is a win but andrei was beating that ass before he made that dumbass move and got caught. but still man just say since his last fight in pride (the coleman fight) we all know 100% that the level of competition on his resume would have been wayyyyyy 1000x harder in the ufc.

and i dont get why people hate on brock so much. dude joined mma and beat mir randy herring carwin (and came out like a monster truck against cain and didnt even look bad till he got cracked) all in 3 years. how is it that a rookie to mma has fought harder competition then fedor and earned the same record (both 5-2 since march 07). damn thats a stat that i just suprised and amazed myself with lol. people seriously need to stop hating on brock, hes not interested in just taking shit fights to pad his record and get paid. hes the highest form of a competitor and only wants to fight the best and win titles. i really dont understand the hate and a loss to cain valasquez isnt that bad. i still put brock in the top 5 easily. this upcoming jds fight is gonna be insane i cant wait for it.
    test
  11. thaRooster

you can never call a win against randy couture a fluke. randy is a master gameplanner and preps himself better for fights then anyone else in the game, plus he makes very few mistakes in the cage
    test
  12. thaRooster

yeah and for m1 to expect that is absolutely audacious lol. dana built the ufc from the ground up and turned it into the fastest growing sport in the entire world. m1 comes along (what the fuck is an m1 anyway? all m1 was basically some greedy russian that used his fighter to selfishly get himself what he wants). he wanted tomake the mats and the official title of the ppv to say ufc/m1 presents, and he wanted to split the earnings (its ok though cuz he said hed split the losses too LAMO) . thats fucking assenine and im glad dana told them to fuck themselves and is now getting the last laugh. in terms of the money, if i remember correctly dana offered him 5 fights where hed make like a million guaranteed plus ppv buys (which are obviously huge under the ufcs marketing machine) add in his sponsors (which the checks are alot fatter for ufc fighters more then any other org obviously) i remember reliable sources and sites talking how fedor woulda been making like 3 million mininum PER FIGHT.

and in terms of the ufc underpaying fighters. i think thats an unfair statement. i mean yes they make way less then boxing but then again look at boxing its in shambles and their lack of a governing body, greedy promoters, and guys not interested in being and beating the best rather then how much can i make off each particular opponent.... also the biggest boxers in the world make a shit load but all the others aint getting paid much....probably just as much as these average midcarders in the ufc are bringing in. but boxing also has a rich 100+ year history, ufc has been going on for like 10 years or something. in the end the ufc fighters are making as much and a little bit more then any other promotion (including strikeforce) so i dont know how you can say that.
    test
  13. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

he was overrated..his striking has always been too sluggish/ inaccurate..he got clogged by fujita and luckily stayed alive

to give him credit the way he survived against big foot was great, he has great heart thats unquestionable and he deserves the upmost respect

in his prime he could have owned bigfoot or werdum no doubt about it, but hes lost some of his spark..undenyably. hes become less accurate..
    test
  14. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Wow @ Dana built the ufc from the ground up? Lmao he bought the company and was smart enough to jump on the reality band wagon.

He gets fat off of fighters while they scramble for pennies and lay n pray cause their jobs rely on wins instead of good fights. Every fighter (besides Randy couture) is locked onto a slave contract with ufc and anybody who wants what they deserve gets cut.

I'm always for fighters trying to get their money and smaller companies trying to get ground on the ufc monopoly.

Strikeforce >>>

Wec was dope till they merged with ufc now guys are scared of getting cut so we get boring as fights.
    test
  15. thaRooster

yeah youre right he didnt build it from the ground up, he built it from the underground up. shit was in debt and failing miserably when he bought into it. and youre saying he jumped on the reality bandwagon like its something bad.... you are correct that the show had the most impact of anything in building the ufc into what it is today but ....
    a. doing what he did with it was genius and all his idea
    b. whats wrong with that?

and you are so clearly a dana/ufc hater its ridiculous. how is strikeforce better. the ufc has better fighters in every single weight class (hw is close but its still ufc) besides for hw every other division its not even close. strikeforce has like 2-3 TOPS guys in the top 10 in every single division. all they got that are considered top 10 guys are melendez, diaz, henderson (fringe), mousasi , and king mo. seriously who else can you even make an argument for? you are outta your fucking mind. dont let your personal opinions on dana force you into saying dumb outlandish shit about his business. i guess you can go watch hershel walker fight the ever so dangerous greg nagy (worst fighter ive ever seen in a televised card) and coker salivate over the idea of signing batista, while i watch ufc cards whether they be the epic ppvs or the free ones we get all the time on versus and spike. and you can say what you want about the fighters making shit but THEY MAKE MORE IN THE UFC THEN ANYWHERE ELSE. and why would the guys be so scared to get cut if they can make more money elsewhere? lmao. how come every fighter strives to fight in the ufc?

and dana treats most of the fighters very well. look what hes done for chuck....look how he let tito talk mad shit and still lets him fight there for a shit load of money. look at outspoken guys like leben and nate diaz. look at the busted steroid guys that are still under contract. look at all the shit that happened with randy at one point and hes still over there and will forever have a position with the company. how much the fighters deserve to make is an argument that you and me dont know enough about to make that judgement
    test
  16. jayoo

mark hunt is garbage now but how do you suck when your 5-2 with wins over 2 monsters at the time? wanderlei and crocop.. so your telling me back when he beat these 2 highly respected fighters comin outta k1 he wasnt considered a threat? lets be real man.. why do people do this shit just to say someone isnt as good as they are?

the ufc didnt let sylvia go, he lost an interim title fight coming off a win, and he chose to leave. whos ever let go in a situation like that? look it up, the ufc AGREED to release him because HE wanted it so he could go to affliction an fight fedor, im not lying to you, he was legitimate enough in the ufc to fight for the interim belt but when fedor fought him because he lost in 36 seconds suddenly that doesn't count. smh..

and mercer, you do know him and sylvia made an agreement beforehand to just do standup? if couture agreed with toney to stand you would have seen the same thing happen, tell me im wrong?

as far as arlovski, he was winning if you could even say that.. it was what 1-2min into a 3 round fight? i dont think you can determine that he "woulda" won, thats the reach of the century. its funny everyone says arlovski was gonna win off of 2mins of soft jabs, he didn't connect with a single strong punch.

your right and wrong.. arlovski was a challenge, sylvia was a challenge. im tired of people saying they werent because of how the fights went, sylvia was 1 fight away from a title in the ufc when he left an fought fedor its a fuckin fact. so if your so high on the ufc he should be considered a legit win. i agree velasquez/junior are the top hw competition right now, but strikeforce has legit hw's too now, you cant deny sergei, overeem, or bigfoot at the least.

listen brock is impressive for coming in and doing what he did in such short time.. then again so is jon jones at lhw and hes done it through 12 fights, THAT deserves respect. the thing is, if jones wins it and loses it, we all believe he has a chance to regain it am i right? can you honestly sit here an tell me brock ever has a chance at that belt again if velasquez or santos has it? me and you need to bet real money on this santos/lesnar fight, im dead serious, we need a way to bet, i will put $300 on dos santos.

herring? no. mir? maybe to you, mir is mid-tier fighter always will be. but overall yeah ill give it to brock only because fedor has hong man choi, an old should be 185'er lindland, etc on the resume.. thats cool but overall? fuck outta here.. and as much as fedor is falling he still would destroy brock off the fact when he lets his hands go brock would close his eyes an run, until he doesn't do that against a powerful striker you can't deny it, it's happened EVERY time.

am i the only one who sees brock has never successfully took a hard punch?

top 5?

#c'monson
    test
  17. jayoo

i dont think you understand what a "fluke" is. it doesnt mean randy sucks it means brock sucks and it was something that should have never happened.

lets just wait for this junior/brock fight
    i cant wait to see the last of brocks nuthuggers fall off
    test
  18. jayoo

thats really not that bad.. yeah it seems like only a handful of fighters make $100,000+ to fight but add in all the extra the lower paid fighters make and a good amount of them hit that mark, those that hit $100k on paper REALLY cash in.. because them fighters have ppv revenue in contract etc etc.. someone like gsp BANKS..

shit think the ufc moneys bad imagine those that make $30k or more a fight that get cut and go to a lower promotion.. even strikeforce.. some these guys make $5k a fight, thats a huge cut. dana said if machida loses theres a chance he gets dropped.. machida was makin good bills, id bet hes had a few over $100k fights.. if he gets dropped hes going below $20k

boxers do make unbelievably more but they also have no structure, we dont get good fights anymore we get washed up fights that nobody wants well these guys still make 30million.. theres a problem with that, a big one. you don't need 30million a fight to live a good life, these ufc fighters are living better lives than we all could wish i dont get why people argue for them to get more money, argue at your own damn job and get paid more! lmao these guys are good!
    test
  19. jayoo

that just took to long, get into that mma convo shit way to much lmao now ima need a few days away again
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lol.....I can see strikeforce, they don't make as much money as the UFC to pay. But lets take machida for example, this dude is the ex champ and had the single greatest techincal striking match in UFC history, he's in danger of being cut cause he lost 2 fights? WOW

he has a name, people pay to see him they don't pay to see dana whites lame ass. They not caking, GSP is getting cuts of the ppv revnue? Link me to that info.

If you sell the seats you should get the bank, that's why in boxing shit is negotiated and alot of times the main event will get like 60/40 split of the purse AND a percentage of the PPV profits. Even the guy who got the 40 or 30 is making more than the top MMA dude.

Shit I think Floyd got like 60 mill in his fight with Shane that sold something like 1.5mill ppv's

and UFC 100 (allegedly) sold about 1Mill in ppv's, i wonder how much brock got? 2 mill tops? Dana and the owners got the rest

it's a screw job, Dana is a brilliant marketing guy but he shafts his fighters worse than don king, only difference is he has ALL the fighters
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.