Fedor and Chael swap weight classes?!(pics)

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Big K, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Fedor is looking like a middleweight in his most recent picture with K-1 Legend Ernesto Hoost:

[​IMG]

Meanwhile, Jake Shields thought it would be a good idea to bring in Matt Lindland and Hollywood Hulk Sonnen to help him prepare for GSP's wrestling...

[​IMG]
    test
  2. Jack Shitt

Jack Shitt Not "jackshit"

Whoa... Fedor at LHW would be very interesting.
    test
  3. paranormalezac

paranormalezac awkward as fuck

While I agree that the premise of Fedor at LHW...or even MW would be interesting it seems too little too late, in personal opinion he should take some gimmick fights kick ass and get paid, you know Fedor vs. Bob Sapp, Butterbean, Tank Abbot etc etc just easy paychecks until hi mindset is back to normal or he retires.
    test
  4. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

1) Lindland looks like he doesn't wanna be there
    2) wtf is Cire doing there all the way on the right
    test
  5. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

Fedor walks around at what he goes into fights as, he may have lost some weight too who knows but sonnen doesn't walk around at 185 you gotta figure its been a long time since he fought he's easily over 200 right now
    test
  6. Jack Shitt

You're counting him out too quickly. The guy dominated everyone he fought for years, then he got caught in an arm bar followed by a loss to a guy twice his weight. I doubt his confidence is so shook that he can no longer win.
    test
  7. shabadoo

shabadoo New Member

I would love to see Fedor a LHW.
    test
  8. paranormalezac

No, last time he fought someone twice his weight it was Zuluzinho and he bodied him, not to mention he has beat Brett Rogers, Hong-Man Choi, Mark Hunt, and Tim Slyia in recent years all whom he beat weight/strength advantage aside. I stand by my statement he needs some easy W's or he needs his Werdrum rematch or his head will never be on straight again.
    test
  9. Jack Shitt

Those guys ARE all much bigger than Fedor, but you fail to consider the fact that Antonio Silva is a BJJ blackbelt, where none of the others you mentioned are even strong wrestlers let alone submission artists.
    test
  10. haatley

haatley Well-Known Member

thats because m1 hand picked opponents they knew fedor could beat.
    the moment he got into an organizartion with some real talent to offer, his true colours show (1-2 in strikeforce now, right?)

i think he would get handled by wrestlers in the lhw division as well.

fedor is shit and over rated.
    test
  11. paranormalezac

Mark Coleman and Kevin Randleman are though (strong wrestlers that is) and Nog while not 285 pounds would probably handle Silva in BJJ any day of the week and Fedor beat him twice...I still stick by my statement easy wins, or Werdrum rematch and soon.
    test
  12. jayoo

yeah but you cant compare anyone you listed with antonio silva because.. i think hes levels ahead, yeah sylvia was ufc champ once but hes a bum, he never had a resume of GREAT wins.. those people he beat considered great at the time hold no weight now and its not because they all got old they got replaced by the better fighters.. randys still in there doin it, bout to fight machida, sylvia has no excuse for suddenly falling off other then he never belonged.
    test
  13. jayoo

lame response, always handpicked?

so they handpicked nogueira when he was considered the #1 hw in the world and fedor smashed him round after round? they handpicked crocop when he was still one of the most dangerous strikers in the game?

fedor has won against people considered the BEST at the time.. lately though? i agree lately he hasnt done shit, its not so much that they handpick opponents now, the problem was they were reluctant to make a deal with any organization with substantial fighters because they ask for way to much.. overseas they probably always got whatever they wanted so they stuck around there as long as they could milk it.

now its mainly ufc/strikeforce if you want competition, it just took them to long to come to a deal, fedor should have been fighting this competition right when it fell off in japan but they kept him there for a few years longer with no real challenges which probably made him soft, add that into the fact he doesnt travel to train with anyone else on his level.. hes not used to being pushed anymore.. they're ruining him as a fighter.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.