Fear Mongering

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Sir Bustalot, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

it would be interesting to see if there is a religion out there that hasnt used any form of fear mongering to gain members. Ok ok thats a biased way to word it but im talking about any religion that has threats or warnings for its followers an non-believers

In my experience so far ive seen Christianity do it, with the whole "not christian not getting into heaven thing" as well as some christians campaign to convince everyone the world as we know it is ending and we better step our christian game up or well be forgotten....
    Islam Im not sure about, but i assume they believe thats if youre not muslim then you have no chance at the 72 virgins..... which is a threat because shit i want 72 virgins too and i cant have them unless i change

hmm buddhism, i dont think it has any fear mongering built in. Atleast not in the teachings ive read, Its never once said anything about another religion or person who practices one... Ive never seen it say you are doomed unless you become buddhist...But i could be wrong, theres extermist views in every religion... but thats another thing buddhism is less a religion and more a philosophy... but i could be wrong....

So my question is this, Does religion need fear mongering to keep its followers? Would organized religion as we know it today have evolved the same if never once had involved fear mongering and threats?
    test
  2. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

im suprised this thread hasn't gotten any response.. and i must say the build up of this thread forced a painfull laugh from with inside my bossom.. i agree they do fear monger and i don't buy it.. they take something ment to be sacred and blaspheme it b/c they cannot spiritually enlighten them self by dead works but by faith alone they are called to love one another not divide the nations.. speaking from my perspective considering i follow the teaching of yashua..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.