~FatherHood~(Hard Job)

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Mick Swaggar, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mick Swaggar

Mick Swaggar My Swag Iz So Rare

Ok this is for all the men that have kids and take care of them,...My Daughters mom and i split when my daughter was like 1...she'll be 5 in december.....I had my daughter in my teens....And i never knew how hard it would be...until I had a Child....I have my daughter majority of the Time, and i Buy Mainly everything....which isn't a Problem...I want her to be spoiled but, I think i got myself into trouble by doing that she's 4 gong on 5 and she acts like an infant...lol she Cries if she don't get her way, and she's mad at me if i don't get it for her, But all in all i love seeing her face light up when she sees me, so i think Having her was god's greatest gift to me.~Peace~
    test
  2. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

change font plz
    test
  3. Mick Swaggar

Irritating Huh?...lol
    test
  4. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

cool thread. i dont have kids. i want em some day, i think..
    test
  5. Mick Swaggar

Yea kids are cool, because it's like watchin a Mini You~
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I can't wait to have kids.....although im not really looking forward to the late nites :-(
    test
  7. Mick Swaggar

Whooo!!!!!

I'm so glad that stage is Over, wakin up at 4am and gotta go to work at 6am....Hard deal....But i did it..
    test
  8. mr madness

mr madness Silly Bitch Say Whaaaaaat

Kids are great, but they make you feel alot older than you really are. And you are about to find out exactly what I mean real soon. Pretty soon, she'll be reading shit, and you still gone she her the same way you did when she was first born. Ain't nothing like having your kid read a book to you to make you feel simultaneously proud as hell and old as shit.

My son 7 and everytime he decide he wan get on the computer I feel old cause he can turn the shit on by hisself, start up Mozilla, go to youtube and find what he want. And I remember when he was a black and white picture on a doctor's tv screen.
    test
  9. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Children are a gift, and not something we should have just for the sake of having something "cool" ;o) Just saying.

But I know someone in the SAME situation as you. Only he's gone through a nasty divorce the last 3yrs and his daughter is now 7. Let me tell you, that child is RUINED. Her parents each tried babying her to be the "better" parent and she's the whinnest child I've ever MET. She's 7yrs old and whines if she doesn't get her way, she whines if her dad tries to punish her. She hits her dad and gets away with it because he doesn't want to punish her because she'll whine and get angry at him. It's just a horrible mess. She's fucked up already and I can only imagine how she'll be later in life. It's to the point I can't even stand being around her, she's my neice, I want to love her to pieces and be a great Aunt to her. But I can't stand being around her for a long period of time (when her dad is around that is, she's fine when he's not here...some what). My husband and I both feel bad for her and notice how messed up they've made her. It's sad too :eek:(

But it's nice you take that time with your daughter. She needs that, she needs it from both parents. Although I think it's probably wise to slow down with spoiling so she's not that whinning child lol. But being there for her and with her is the best thing you can do for her!!! :eek:)

My children are my life and then some. They mean the world to me!!!! :D
    test
  10. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

you are a God amongst men
    test
  11. Mick Swaggar

This has inspired me *Crys*

Nah but serious Nanijah, I've tried.....i just want her to have a good life and have the things she wants, but your right spending time is the most important....she goes everywhere with me she's like my little shadow...

I'm Dr evil and she's mini me....lol
    test
  12. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Awww :eek:)

And so true. They grow so fast. It's unbelievable. My oldest is 9 going on 19 I swear lol. He informed me the other day he needs boxers because tighty whitey's aren't cool LMAO. (he had boxers before but then walmart had sponge bob tighty whitey's on sale so I bought them a whole whack of them LOL).

He's also started to wear his pants low :/ He's asking for a fitted hat for christmas to, LOL I'm just wondering where my little baby went? lol He seems so grown up.
    test
  13. Mick Swaggar

lol@ him wanting boxers........and fitted cap....

i remember when my daughter was saying goo goo Ga Ga...and now she like daddy we Out to the Mall, in my mind i'm like WTF?....lol
    test
  14. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

She will have a great life just knowing your in it and that you care!! So many father's give up after a split from the mother. So just being there is like giving her a million bucks ;o) Just take it easy on the babying her..while she's still at an age you can get away with it, wait for 6, 7 and 8....you don't want her to be like that at those ages lol.

That's great too that you like to spend a lot of time with her :eek:) Nothing greater to me than seeing a Father that cares about his children. Makes me smile from ear to ear.
    test
  15. Mick Swaggar

yea....i see what ur sayin so how should i tell her, she can't get this or that without her being mad
    test
  16. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Yeah it doesn't take long at all for them to "grow up" lol It's sad and exciting at the same time to watch them grow tho.

They both want dirt bikes too (9 and 6). Lord help me! I dunno how I feel about that lol. But at the same time I don't want to be the mom that is over protective and holds them back from doing anything. I'll regret it I'm sure when they're calling me saying they've wiped out and broke an arm or leg tho lol.

I get to go through it all over again tho, since my youngest is only a month old LOL You really see how grown they are when a baby is added to the mix. My 6yr old looks so grown up where before he looked like a baby to me LOL
    test
  17. Fantom

Fantom :ihadadream:

my daughter is 4... she was spoiled as hell but i managed to snap her out of that... she still gets what she wants within reason, but all that whining shit stopped...

my son is showing signs of being spoiled... migh thave to kick his lil ass soon too... he's only 6 months though
    test
  18. Superman70

Superman70 edited

maybe you should stop spoiling her
    test
  19. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Sometimes we gotta deal with them getting mad at us. We'll be seen as the mean parent many many times in their life. Sure it doesn't feel great, but in the end we know we're teaching them that they can't get everything they want in life. Or you can just let her know that if she earns it, she can get it. Or maybe show her to save her money to get it for herself. Like reward her for doing good things around the house, or in school. (cleaning up her toys when she's done with them, making her bed, behaving when out). Things like that. Also kids LOVE spending money and buying things themselves. So having her earn the money that you would have spent on what she wanted anyway and letting her buy it with the money herself will help too :D (or at least this works for my boys lol).
    test
  20. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

LOL
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.