Fantasy Week 10

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by Synthesis, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synthesis

Synthesis applied

Alrighty..half of the year is over fellas.

NFL predictions (last week i went 9-5)

Indy
    NYG
    MIA
    Det
    NE
    ATL
    TB
    DEN
    BAL
    DAL
    SEA
    SF
    CHI
    PITT

I was also 2-2 with predictions for our league.

Im going to try to do some things different here for yall.

Fantasy Performer of week - Doug Martin(51 pts, 272 total yards 4 TDs)

Team Performance of the week - Quriosity (203 pts)

Upset of the week - Syn (i was the only winner who played a higher team)

Got screwed - Legion (Bradshaw, A brown, Nicks, Finley COMBINED for 6 pts) Thats just not expected from any of those guys, maybe nicks with the injury but man thats a terrible outting from his team

Toughest injury - DMC, man this dude is frail! Must have bird ankles, high ankle sprain, knowing HIM this is gonna be something that goes well into the rest of the season.

Best Defensive showing - Team wise its obviously DA Bears, man they beasted, My DB tillman had 4 forced fumbles! urlacher returned a pick for TD. Nice
    ----------------------------------------------------

Waiver Wire - Im going to go over a few picks i think would be valuable and maybe even to what team.

Malcom Floyd WR - Hes had 4 games in the double digits, playing a tampa team that hasnt been too stout defending the pass. Had a TD last week, if your struggling at the position or have bye issues, hes worth a look

Torrey Smith WR - Zyc drops him, he has a 10 pt game immediately after, id say this is an omen. lol, all jokes aside he has 5 TDs this season, big game potential this week against oakland.

Brian Hartline WR - Dude had a couple big games early on, one huge one. Only has 1 TD, struggling to get in the end zone, BUT miami doesnt have many options at the position, he had 8 catches for 107 yards last week after kind of fading away the few weeks prior. Worth a look IMO

I know they are all WR options, im just not seeing a lot of waiver adds and dont want to sift through them for the whole day lol.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Playoff Predictions -

Jook (4-4-1, 5th) Jook has started slow, had some big games and some small. I just feel like he has slowly but surely built a team thats full of consistent play, its still early and all you have to do is continue putting wins together and things will fall into place. But you probably cant afford too many more losses big dog.

Quriosity - (8-1, 1st) I mean, hes the falcons of our league, aside from that "fluke" loss to me, lol, hes 100 pts above the next closest player in pts scored with 1583 (Jook has 1486). His squad is beasting pretty regularly and he seems to always have a player or 2 that just ham out.

KDP - (6-3, 2nd) The always present KDP is having another nice year, possibly best WR core in the league. If murray gets healthy his team will be even stronger, but as youve seen before, some times teams just dont show up(last week). I just find it hard to believe this team is gonna string losses together unless he plays a pretty hard schedule here out, which im not looking at now.

Syn - (5-3-1) Im slightly concerned, only because if it comes down to me and jook, with that tie, he may have more pts scored at the end (which i think decides the tie) But hopefully I dont have to slide by to get in. I just feel like ive made a lot of strong moves, adding Gore and Forte and not losing TOO much value, I do have to play Jook and Q again, i think my remaining schedule is real tough. I believe i will be there and i dont think there is a stronger case for the other contestants out there at the moment

(im sorry Zyc i know you are ranked 3rd right now I just dont think you have the roster)

Alright, im done for now, I will edit matchup breakdowns and maybe some more stuff possibly later on today.
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Good shit. I love it. Got some rebuilding to do this week in all three leagues, and I've got a tough matchup in each. BTW, thanks for spanking KDP.
    test
  3. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Syn need to write a sports column.

Again a very dope break down!

Good read broham
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

good waivers. was able to rebuild my D/ST, as well as pick up marcel reece/taiwan jones. too bad i don't need them this week. i like michael turner against NO. wanted amendola. hoping i don't need royster. got one more claim to pass through and i'm good for the week.

KDP, you go down!
    test
  5. Alastair

Alastair New Member

How come I can reply to threads but I can't create a new one?
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

need more posts
    test
  7. Alastair

Alastair New Member

How many more posts do I need?
    test
  8. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Man I don't know who 86% of the people are that play in the NFL
    .. let alone on my opponent's team. lol.
    test
  9. Synthesis

Synthesis applied

Actually I'd love to do that
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

you really don't need to at this point, so long as you can analyze statistical trends and numbers. it could be that simple. for WR/TEs, you're looking for people with high targets, yardage, TDs. RBs, you're looking for people with high carries, catches, yardage, and TDs. for QBs, you're looking for people with high attempts, yardage, and TDs. for IDPs, you're looking for high tackles, sacks, and turnovers. note, you have to pay attention to consistency, per game. you can get all of these stats just by selecting stats at the top menu rather than overview.

you can also play matchups by looking at how poorly the opposing team plays against that specific position. or, if you want to make it even easier, you can just read the weekly rankings posted by espn analysts, or any other FF site for that matter, and just start who they suggest based on the order of their rankings.

it's more fun when you're an NFL fan and you keep up with the league, but you can still get by.
    test
  11. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

I work too much. I don't get to watch 1 game, let alone watch the sportscenter highlights at night because I'm pulling doubles. When I'm not working, I'm building my house. Lol.

I tried it out, and it just isn't for me. Thanks for the info, Q.
    test
  12. J o o k

You better finish the season!
    test
  13. J o o k

Also when the house is all finished bro snap some photos and let us see your final masterpiece

I may need to steal some ideas :luxplease:
    test
  14. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

We can exchange emails. These clowns on this site don't need to see my shit. I have pictures when I first bought it, and every project I do I take before and after photos.
    test
  15. Orange407County

Orange407County Well-Known Member

Damn...we lost one lol

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2
    test
  16. Synthesis

Synthesis applied

Fuck! Tillman may not play Sunday because his child may be born that day. I can't catch a fuckin break on defense.
    test
  17. Synthesis

Synthesis applied

Sent out some trades, I Will trade for a number 1 wr, pretty much anyone on my roster, and Q don't try to give me AJ back for forte, I want someone actually performing like a top wr
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

lol. AJ is actually performing like a top WR. look at his targets, catches, and yards. he just isn't scoring TDs.

but i'll keep him. i think he'll heat up, and houston will definitely be contending all 16 games.
    test
  19. Synthesis

Synthesis applied

He's only got 3 games of 10 pts or higher, 2 TDs and 2 100 yd games, by week 10, the fact that he gets the targets and fails to produce isn't an upside at this point, owen Daniels has been a better passing option on his own team. Maybe if he's a top option you'll start him.
    test
  20. J o o k

For sure
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.