fan cries after buyign drakes album

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by CRUMS2BRICKS, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blessedbydabeat

Blessedbydabeat Calvin L Frazier

Drake is nice...just not the greatest as most people are acting
    test
  2. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

Yes, his "sprained ankle ain't nothin to play with" is fuckin INSANE!!! He like Einstein over beat... Get... the.. fuck.... off... the dick, homie. No, not Drake's penis, I mean get off the glass pipe.

You want intellectual rap? My guy Rayne and his crew, Havik. There's 10000% more intellect, flow AND rhymes.
    EDIT: Just for a note, he's usually not quite as rapid as he is in the first track. Listen to the others before you dismiss it as too fast.

[youtube]atuTXILshDM[/youtube]
    [youtube]qpl54lFmJEg[/youtube]
    [youtube]WClVeMUsLvk[/youtube]
    [youtube]YNVr10tPi7Q[/youtube]

This is Secrets, another Havik member:
    [youtube]sL8-KIfr1w0[/youtube]

There's 1000 x Drakes talent. End of your argument.
    test
  3. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Umm, HolloW... he was sayin that "intellectual rap" shit is stupid, you kinda just confirmed his comment.

No hate, just gotta have an open mind on rap. It's not always about not being able to understand a dude like your first video. Drake is ill because you always know what he's talkin about and can relate.
    test
  4. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

Note; Loco Insane or Mr. Cellophane and DEFINITELY In Lieu are recommended if you wanna think you're gonna call Drake "deep" or "intellectual" rap... Then get the fuck off
    test
  5. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

No, he's saying that people worship "underground" for it's intricacy, and that people are worshipping drake for his "intellectual" rap, something people who want "intricacy" wouldn't understand.

NOTE: Like I said in that edit, he's not normally that rapid. Check the other tracks before you knock it.
    test
  6. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

I'll give these videos a listen, thanks HolloW.
    test
  7. CamTheWiz

CamTheWiz in real time

some gay kid meets his popstar crush.

no big deal...
    test
  8. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

not exactly but more true than what he was saying.

i was speaking in pure satire and i was mocking someone who thinks underground rap is infinitely better than mainstream rap.
    test
  9. chase1

chase1 u dont wana fuk with this

if ur talkn bout that last guy i dont think he was actually crying, ther was no tears or nothing
    test
  10. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

Ah. Well, I kinda expected quotes around a sarcastic third-party immitation.

Anyway, from 75-90% of the time, that's an accurate statement.

And doesn't change my argument above: Any of my above links display more talent (whether you wanna select a single category, or musical talent as a whole.)
    test
  11. Wonderin

Wonderin New Member

That Havik guy is wack. It's either bone-thuggish or boring raps.

Drake isn't wack, but I can see how he can wear thin for some and how people that use to like him, really hate him now.

One thing he's better at than most is creating actual songs. Something that feels complete in all aspects (beat selection, rhymes, hooks, melody, etc) rather than just, say a dope beat and wack lyrics, or dope lyrics and wack hooks etc.
    test
  12. Envy

Envy Song Writer / Artist.

Making music people actually like and listen too?

or isn't that a talent?
    test
  13. Unbiased

Unbiased New Member

The problem though is.. no one EVER said he was better than anyone. If your gonna put dude in top 5 or 10 of all time, or say Drake is better than ____ THEN jump on and bring what you got because that is clearly ready to debate. You're dropping knowledge as if this shit ISNT a RAP forum lol. Most these fools know the extent to how dope rappers can be. Your arguin for the sake of arguin and perhaps to advertise your homeboys lol. I could have came here and been like "Man CYNE and Luc Skyez are TONS better than this dude heres some tracks" but that shits weak. People like you coming aggressive on some 'superior i know my shit' is reason why people close their open minds and turn on 'ignore'. Go read How To Win Friends And Influence People lol.

Your homies are dope, I'm not hating, but they're def on that Bone Thugz tip lol. You need to get off your HOMIES dicks because no one on here is on Drake's dick. No one.
    test
  14. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

this. i have never heard a full song of his either
    test
  15. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

Well ya mouthy fuck, Soulja Boy, Weezy and Young Money have all managed to do that to... So you tell me?

Actually let me do you a favor...

There's 310,000,000 in the United States.

1,000,000 sales is pretty good for ANY artist...

To get that you only have to make music that .32% of the population like... So... Outta every 300 people in the states, only ONE has to like your song to get a million sales.

So, you tell me, does it really take "talent" to make music that people love? Or does it just take enough MARKETING ALONE to saturate your shit all over the country?

With a billion dollar company putting your face everywhere, you don't have to make SHIT. You just have to get it out there. And someone, some where will love it. THAT's my answer.
    test
  16. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

No no no, I'm not on their dick in the slightest... And on a side note, Rayne (the main guy I associate with out of them), has kinda got it through his head that when he slows off the Bizzy Bone shit, his lyrics are a lot more meaningful. Might post some up, if you wanna hear em, though that's far from my purpose.

And as far as "no one said...." Did you read much of the first page or two, before it became our argument? lol, it was full of "he's shit" or "he's so much more talented than everyone else you hear in mainstream," so yes, people were saying how much better he was.

That's when I started breaking it down the way I just did.

But seriously, how am I on my homies dicks? I didn't boast them above everyone. I just said they've got more lyrical talent, rhyme talent, cover an equally "intellectual" or "real" music scope, beats are just as crazy, and the whole 9 yards as Drake...

The Drake thing was all "jump on the bandwagon" shit, if you ask me. He came out with the music, and people recognized him from the show, they jumped on and it was like a tidal wave. It was marketing, and people in the industry are smart enough to see what they could do when he first came out, and every teen that seen DeGrassi skipped 3 heartbeats over his shit.
    test
  17. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

Drake iight. The album was okay, but I'd hardly call that shit Hip-Hop. Y'all need to get up on this:

[youtube]vXCkaDciWHw[/youtube]
    test
  18. CrayonFlux

CrayonFlux New Member

drake the biggest bullshit to come outta canada, he wacker than buck65

when i think about it there aint even one dope rap artist out from canada. Them niggas give birth to the likes of Organik, Jack Shitt, Classified and shit, i bet that country made of inbred niggas

fucking garbage ass niggas
    test
  19. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

Not a huge fan over smoke and kill shit tracks, but that was sick.

Flow was wicked, rhymes were wicked, good delivery, vocabulary was... acceptable.

Second set was definitely better.

If he can make tracks that sick about non-thug shit too, another rapper I'll mark as better than Drake, minus the marketing.
    test
  20. Envy

Envy Song Writer / Artist.

In your equation you dont take into account for people that don't download music, which is a massive flaw since probably 70-80% of people can download music illegally or know someone who can download them a movie/game/album for free.

so you tell me, 310,000,000 minus 80% is what?
    248,000,000 ?

That leaves you 62,000,000

Now, we all know every single person in that 62,000,000 isn't a target audience, the majority will not like hiphop and some will not buy music albums at all.

But fuck it, we'll say that 62,000,000 are all willing to buy a rapper album.

So you wanna talk about going platinum, which means - 1 in 62 people buys your album if they like your shit.

In the situation the globe is in with it's finances, I know for a fact that people are NOT going to pay money for an album they can get for free unless you're making music worth paying for,

you got wayyyyyyy too angry at a simple response son, Im not coming at you on some clowning bullshit - but making profitable music is a talent in itself, so sit down and shut up
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.