Fallout 3 Verdict?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by jayoo, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

wow @ VATS

I just tried that shit (I'm hard headed and ignore most info at the start of games)

THAT-SHIT-IS-CRACK-BUT-WILL-PROBABLY-GET-OLD-FAST
    test
  2. BEEF Z

BEEF Z New Member

I love shooting a guys face off with VATS and watching the eye balls pop out
    test
  3. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Frame rate in the opening cut scene and it clips a bit during play.

Like I said, it's nothing really worth mentioning.
    test
  4. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I just finished. WTF. I didnt find half the cool shit yall talking about. I only fought one giant mutant, and didnt see any of these other big ass enemies. I finished at level 13 too. Ima go through again and complete everything, and be evil again too.
    test
  5. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

if you dont use vats..prepare for the game to be harder then it should be...you really shouldnt play the game as an fps....the difference in damage that you do with vats is immense...i only use fps shooting when my attack points are down and i can take em out in a couple more shots...

either way...you dont use vats...you will end up always searching for ammo
    test
  6. Mr.357

Mr.357 Well-Known Member

Thats not true, I can do the same amount of damage without vats as I do with it, except you don't get the criticals if you don't use vats.

I usually run up and shotgun mutants if I don't wanna use vats, or I use good ol' fisto.

But I still haven't finished the main story, just got to the point where I got trained for power armor and I've been doing all the side stuff, I'm about finished with all the side quests except like one or two. I got the two best armors in the game (tesla power suit) and (t-51b power armor), the t-51b is the best in the game but its so damn ugly, I made my slave wear it because she'll need the defense more than me and I'd rather wear the tesla since it fucking looks mean as hell.

Here's pics of both power suits

Tesla
    [​IMG]
    It looks way better in game since it has electric currents flowing all through it.

t-51b
    [​IMG]

I like the helmet but the suit looks like fat guy armor
    test
  7. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

^you still get criticals it just doesnt show the subtitle on the screen, you can still aim specifically for the arm and get a critical or cripple a part
    test
  8. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Are you playing in third person Mr357? If not, who cares what shit looks like? I used the brand new ranger suit I got. Its alot lighter.
    test
  9. jayoo

i prefer 3rd
    test
  10. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

I switch off between 3rd and 1st person, to answer the previous question.

I honestly think some of you rushed through this game. I've uncovered 80 locations, on level 13, and I've beaten only a handful of missions as an adult. Why the hell have you finished this so quickly? lol

I dunno, just seems to me that this is a game to completely absorb.

How many hours had you logged when you finished?
    test
  11. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Where did you guys find the best place to store weapons/recuperate? Arefu had that annoying bridge entry so I started posting-up at the Dickerson Tabernacle Chapel
    test
  12. Mr.357

Mr.357 Well-Known Member

Save megaton or destroy it and you get your own crib.

I knew you could cripple without vats, didn't know about crits though.

Yea I know I can't see myself but I occasionally switch to third because I like to see the shit I'm wearing, weird.

I'm not done with it yet, level 20 and still doing all the collecting.
    test
  13. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

How many of you all invested in the Mysterious stranger perk?
    test
  14. Mr.357

Mr.357 Well-Known Member

I was going to just to see how he looked but I ended up putting it in better perks, the lvl 20 grim reaper perk is the fuckin shit, kill anyone using vats and your AP gets instantly refilled when leaving vats.
    test
  15. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

He looks like an old school Dick Tracy.

I invested in it, it's saved my ass more times than I can count.
    test
  16. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Iunno, I finished at level 13, the story really isnt that long. I knew alot of games were coming out so I wanted to at least say I beat this. I am going to go back through and try to do ALL the side missions. I did alot of things that eliminated alot of other things, like the first mission I finished was blowing up Megaton.
    test
  17. Mr.357

Mr.357 Well-Known Member

There is only two missions aside from saving/blowing up megaton that start in megaton, one is the survival guide one and the other is blood ties.

I just finished all the side missions this morning, now I'm thinking about getting all the bobble heads and some more books, then I'll finish up the main ones.

Oh btw, the rock-it launcher is so much fun, I loaded that bitch up with plungers and teddy bears and went on a killing spree shooting niggas.
    test
  18. jayoo

lmao yeah i made myself a rock-it launcher.. personally i liked keeping megaton and dealing with that chic that does the survival guide... its worth doing the guide and shes usually got good stock, does anyone know what it is that makes shops hold more money? i think maybe constantly using them, because she holds maddddddd bottle caps anymore and i just bring all my extra shit an cash in
    test
  19. I rented this game the day it dropped and I still have yet to put it in lol. Ive been playing a bunch of other games

I need to jump on Fallout after work tommorrow
    test
  20. Mr.357

Mr.357 Well-Known Member

I did the missions in megaton then I blew the bitch up, you get 2 stores in tenpenny tower that hold more caps than her and I just go in there and unload my shit and take all the bread they got.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.