Fallout 3 Verdict?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by jayoo, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BEEF Z

BEEF Z New Member

damn i suck at lock picking!
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

^im ok at that, the computer hacking is near impossible for me, i finally started figuring it out now that im going hard in the science direction.. (didnt beat it yet just started over lmao) but it still takes me a minnnute sometimes, i got a method now that works i picked up from someone else, its common sense but i guess i didnt understand the whole method of hacking as they explained it.
    test
  3. Mr.357

Mr.357 Well-Known Member

I got a pet dog named DogMeat on this game lol, nigga's a soldier, I'll be shooting a supermutant down and the dog will rush up and bite a chunk out of his stomach.

Computer hacking is a pain but I got it down packed somewhat, lock picking is easy.

So far my fave melee weapon is the ripper, it's a battle knife with a chainsaw blade attached. The combat shotgun is the shit too, I gotta find a fat man still though, I got 3 mini nuke ammunitions.
    test
  4. jayoo

where did you find dogmeat? im guessing i havent visited there yet or i would have come across him..

i started over but i still have my save on my other character, ill end up finishing the game with him too just because im sure the ending will be different, but i have a fat man its just broke and i havent found another to repair it with yet, ill probably go get it fixed up but ive sold all my ammo for it as i came across it earlier and i dunno if its just me but bottlecaps go quick between repairs, ammo, stimpaks and whatnot..

the ripper is sick ive used it quite a few times, not even because i want to but ill run out of ammo, this game is sick to me mainly because its not an easy grab some guns and run through everything game and im only on normal difficulty.. shit progresses with your levels, if you dont catch critical shots or have good weapons in good condition you can end up using maddddddd ammo.

best weapon ive used so far for close range, id say is the combat shotgun, it fuckin TEARS dudes up beyond belief as long as i got my combat, my sniper, and some stimpaks its a wrap

im curious if ALL the old guns are in this?
    i remember all the guns from fallout 2, ive seen quite a few, sniper even has the same model in the inventory pic along with some other things that do
    test
  5. Mr.357

Mr.357 Well-Known Member

Dogmeat is in the scrapyard, he's with a scavenger and they're getting attacked by some raiders. The scavenger is really weak and gets killed quickly, I tried saving him but he died. Once he dies his dog will run up to you and try to befriend you.

The first time he ran up on me, I got spooked and killed his ass but he went down fighting, dog is pretty strong, I ended up reloading the game lol.
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Oblivion with guns....

good game
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

oh, I think i killed that dog too......lmao......i forgot i read there was some kinda dog or something.........I think i killed it though....cause i don't remember anything like that and i'm almost to the radio station
    test
  8. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

What the fuck!?
    I copped today, am I the ONLY one noticing 100 annoying problems. I have never seen so much POP in...in my life. Everything in the horizon just pops in the further you walk. Also, the frame rate gets choppy all the time, and whenever one of my friends signs on, the game freezes for like 10 seconds, so now I have to turn that shit off. I cant even make the game go into first person. The premise is still interesting and fun....ima start over though.

I do like the choices you get to make. I told that dude to fuck off when he asked to help his mom and I beat the shit out of him when he was picking on my squeeze.

Since ima start over, and yall already in the game...whats the best things to add attribute points onto?
    test
  9. mr.mdz

mr.mdz Never Lie

I haven't seen any of those problems, what system are you running?

Small Guns is good to pump points in to. Anything else is pretty much dependent on what path you want to take with your character. I'm Science/Small Guns/Medical and doing fine.
    test
  10. jayoo

are you playing on the 360 or the PS3?? i read about people having frame rate issues or some garbage with the PS3 i dont know what the reason is, but things like peoples faces disappearing etc etc.. im guessing an update will be coming to fix it but i dunno how PS3 does things.

as for attributes.. do you mean your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. shit or your skills? dont got my game started, for the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. i think i left str at 5 because im goin science/small guns/speech/medicine way, and with 50 science and shit one perk later on will raise me to 10str, i think i got perception at 6, int at 7, agility at 7, maybe endurance 6 also and luck maybe 3? not positive

wont lie tho i fucking hate hacking the computers, shit takes me forever, multiple reloads... shit is just confusing as fuck for me, im horrible with this type of shit.
    test
  11. KriminaL

KriminaL Guest

So this shits on Oblivion? coz that was my game.
    I might have to look at getting this, everyone is raving about it.
    test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

PS3 version is ass........got a lower review.....

and yeah, i killed AND ate that dog...lmao....wow...should i start over?
    test
  14. Mr.357

Mr.357 Well-Known Member

You can't kill dogmeat, he just goes unconscious and wakes up in a few, maybe there is some glitch where if you eat the nigga lol.

Dogmeat is only in the scrapyard, he's a good ass partner too, you can tell him to find food for you and he'll come back with a stimpack or something to eat, nigga can find ammo for you and shit.

He also heals himself after battles so you only gotta heal him during the battles.

You can get other people to follow you around too but you gotta keep them equipped with weapons/armor, I'm gonna buy a slave and have her wear my mini gun and some power armor lol.

You normally can only have one person following you, but you can have one person and Dogmeat with you at the same time.
    test
  15. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I make no secret of my dislike for RPGs .. but the more I see and read about this .. the more I'm tempted to give it a go ..

Gears 2 and NFS:Undercover are topping my wanted list for November .. so will wait and grab this nearer xmas ..
    test
  16. jayoo

damn i needa get some soldiers with me haha
    test
  17. jayoo

its basically oblivion, they just fixed it up, small glitchs and shit and put it in a fallout setting, its crazy
    test
  18. Mr.357

Mr.357 Well-Known Member

I think its better than oblivion and I loved the shit out of oblivion.
    test
  19. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

This shit is fun, its really REALLY buggy on PS3. I cant believe it, its honestly the buggiest shit I ever seen....keep in mind I only play like 1/20th of all the games that come out. That said, the shit is still really fun, the only bug that takes away from the fun of the game is the PSN friend notification bug, but if you turn friend notification off that goes away.

How many people killed the Overseer? And that asshole who wanted you to save his mom? I did :)
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I killed his mom then shot him in the head........but i had to start over cause i just felt bad after that shit...lmao
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.