Fallout 3 Verdict?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by jayoo, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

just got out class and picked mine up, bout to find out for myself

anyone else played? ill update after
    test
  2. mr.mdz

mr.mdz Never Lie

This is the first game I ever did that "pick up at midnight" shit. I was a huge fan of Fallout 1 and 2 - only two rpgs I ever played straight through without losing interest at some point.

Seriously, this game is a problem. I'm sitting at work looking like a zombie because I decided not to sleep and play it for a few hours and all I did was wander around without really getting into the story because if I did, I may still be playing.
    test
  3. jayoo

haha oh man, here we go then cause shits prolly gonna get me too i loved 1 and 2
    test
  4. jayoo

this game is unbelievable its like taking oblivion and updating everything, fixing small glitchs and putting it in a fallout setting, shit is the best game ive played in a long time, the open world is amazing the graphics are great, looking over the wasteland is beautiful even tho everythings destroyed, just the art of it.. i cant wait to blow up megaton, im definitely going to just to watch that shit from the distance, thats gotta be an amazing scene

and it can be played just as well in 3rd person, i switch to 1st occasionally for closeups of items if im looking around, or fighting once in awhile but im actually pretty accurate in 3rd with the crosshair. shit is piff, nothing more to say.
    test
  5. Mr.357

Mr.357 Well-Known Member

Just copped it 5 mins ago, see ya with my response later
    test
  6. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

yea that shit look great. i'm waiting for gears but i might have to break into my budget for this shit
    test
  7. Mr.357

Mr.357 Well-Known Member

Shit is fun as hell, I went running around the wasteland before I even hit megaton for about 2 hours. I bought the guide with it, shit is as thick as a dictionary.
    test
  8. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I aint copping shit til COD5, cause that shit will prolly run my gaming life. Anyway, would this game be good for someone who dont like RPGS?
    test
  9. jayoo

you hate everything so i dunno... lmao but i dont think it matters if you like rpgs or not, doesnt seem like the typical one to me. i mean if you played the other fallouts its the same shit just in an oblivion type graphical setting (altho better than oblivion, or updated whatever you wanna call it)

i love it

only complaints, id say 3

at first i got kind of disappointed there wasnt a button to sprint even faster but its not to bad now that ive become used to it, im just an impatient person..

once you travel towards the heart of the city where the brotherhood of steel are, you fight mutants with them for a minute then you continually go through subway stations and shit to get to the next area, kind of upset me, i like the above ground open world traveling, they almost cut it off in this small area of the map, but dont get me wrong im not incredibly far yet it may just be where im at right now

and i cant seem to find dupont station for the life of me, its on my map but it seems its somehow a subway connected thing, and i went into the subways RIGHT BY IT, when i got done i ended up unbelievably far from it lmao so ill have to retrace steps and i hate doing that

ps: none of this is spoilers, trust me
    test
  10. jayoo

and speaking of spoilers, im mad in their gameplay videos they showed things they did, they had spoilers right there, ruined the suspense of some things, like blowing up megaton, that wasnt a spoiler from me i knew that because i seen gamespots gameplay video before it ever released
    test
  11. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

Never played one or two but played a shitload of oblivion. This game is amazing.
    test
  12. mr.mdz

mr.mdz Never Lie

I'm gonna play this game through a couple times. One with good karma and the other being just a douchebag about everything. Right now I'm playing it as the good guy but those fuckers went and made it so tempting to do things in the most badass way possible. I still haven't done anything quest-like, just still exploring. VATS is the most entertaining option in a game in a long time.
    test
  13. NaSh

NaSh o_

just read the review on ign. bit disappointed with an 8.8. some of the stuff thats wrong with it are pretty fuckin bad. not sure if i want it anymore
    test
  14. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

Oh, you fuck!

Anyway - this game is really fucking fun, I don't even bother to shoot unless I'm in VATS mode.
    I get lost so easily, I just lied to the bitch and told her I went to super duper mart.
    test
  15. jayoo

^its apparent from the bomb in the middle of the town, i figure everyone has watched the videos to get an idea of what to expect and thats like one of the main things they display

even ign has a picture of it up in their review lmao

i cant understand why they would show that point of the game so willingly, its not the hugest thing but still its a big change
    test
  16. Complete Chaos

I was under the impression that you could disarm it.
    test
  17. mr.mdz

mr.mdz Never Lie

^ you can
    test
  18. jayoo

oh you can, thats why its not really a huge deal, im just sayin i blew the shit up i wanted to see that picture, it was crazy but im not sure if id rather have left it or not. one bitch survived, she turned ghoul an all, almost like it tryin make you feel bad when you go back an see what you done
    test
  19. Complete Chaos

Yeah, probably...

I just use megatron as like home point. and teleport back there when I need items.

Oh, and I'm lost again. But I don't care, this is the first game where I enjoy being lost.
    test
  20. jayoo

hahaha i agree, and yeah i liked megaton as my home point, you get other benefits when you blow it up which i enjoyed but in the end i decided to go back and disarm the bomb instead.

i was also to generous with my skill pts each level up, i didnt realize at first you get level capped at 20, which doesnt allow you to end up with a character with everything filled, so you have to really pick a path with your character if you want him to excel in some areas or you can be average in all areas.. definitely makes for replayability for those who like to try different routes.

right now im goin route of science/repair with small guns and i think ima branch into big guns, especially when the perk for +15 to big guns comes around, use that for 2 levels or so and ill be good money
    my first character i was going all over, trying to get lockpick, science, small guns, speech, little to barter, this an that, i got carried away haha
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.