F--K IT. IT'S FREE SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE IT.

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by J Keeper, Nov 13, 2013.

1. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

• Hot Thread Hot Thread x 2
    test
  2. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

It's not good, either.

Nah, shit is super smooth man.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. quotive

quotive 3

r u by chance related 2 gavin degraw
    test
  4. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

:)

Maaaaannnnnn I'd love to hear someone who can sing and rap on this B.
    test
  5. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

It terrifies me that you're not the first person to make the comparison.

But no I am not.
    test
  6. quotive

quotive 3

test
  7. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Funny story about Gavin Degraw.

Some of you may know I'm a stagehand so I'm backstage for stuff and things.

Anyways Gavin Degraw was coming as an opener for someone (can't remember who, not important anyways), and he was LATE AS FUCK.

So we're unloading shit off trucks and putting it all together and we notice there's nothing for the openers. So we ask, hey, what's the deal?

Oh Gavin's not performing tonight.

Why not?

Well, last night we were in NYC and he got drunk at a bar. He apparently was a part owner or something but he was acting like an asshole and someone beat the shit out of him and threw him out.

Damn, so what's the deal why can't he perform?

Well, after he left he was walking home and got hit by cab and broke his jaw.

...Niggawut.

That day, the three Gavin Degraw fans never thought they would know such disappointment...
    test
  8. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Upping if only for the Gavin Degraw story.
    test
  9. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

If I could rap, I'd rap over this.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

:)

Man I wish I could record.

Unfortunately, you can't pirate high quality vocal mics.

Yet...
    test
  11. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

YOU ALL KNOW YOU WANNA LISTEN.
    test
  12. Blackanese

Blackanese BlackaneseCantRap.com

Will peep when I get out of class tonight I will probably write something over this
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  13. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

downloaded i like it my friend

very upbeat and happy sounding
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  14. DefKnotEmo

DefKnotEmo G.R.G.

Might record something on this
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

XD thanks man, my hip-hop beats tend to be like a modern take on old Atmosphere production is how I like to put it. A lot of upbeat stuff that can be brought down to a bluesy mood with the right vocalist.
    You never e-mailed me bro.

GT got me to start making short snippet mixtape type beats but now he's doing his own project and has no time for my stuff.

I think you'd dig the less bombastic stuff I make, more room to breathe and more room to just have some fun.
    test
  16. quotive

quotive 3

make a drugged out R&B type track. no happy go lucky guitar sounds, no EDM synths, 808's, bass..
    test
  17. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

This is not true man. Come on, don't drag my bodacious and glorious name through the mud. I made a short track over glass top girls or something, and it was YOUR idea (to which I said was cool with me), to start making short type beats to just throw quick verses over all of the time.

And right away, I put work in and ran a verse over the very first beat you sent me. Mind you, I work full time and have a wife and kid - that all apart from taking care of my house & yard and trying to exercise. So yea, I fell off.

Beat selection is personal, too. In my opinion, in order for an artist to ALWAYS want to work on EVERYbeat he's receiving, he has a hand in the creation of the beat itself.

Like "yo, I have this tune in my head, it's something weird like, hmmm, hmm dada day, hmm hmm, dada day," can we start to form something around it?

Or - "I want an electric guitar intro, with some church bells - then when the beat drops, a soft bass with some violins."

Just random thoughts.

When I go to make music, my mind is "looking for something." If that makes sense. I beat shop the internet trying to find it. My favorite producers period make like one beat that I like out of every 30 they make.
    test
  18. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

1) You were making shorter pieces, and said that was what you were looking to make songs to, so I made those. Not sure why you wanted to argue that.
    2) I understand completely, that's why I still will send you beats if you so much as ask. You said you were doing the anno domini thing and that you didn't have time for my beats for a while. Is that not true? That's not dragging your name through the mud that's stating the circumstances.
    3) I harbor zero ill will towards you for doing what you're doing, man. I don't why you took so much offense to what I said. All I said was that the reason I started making mixtape type beats was because of you (which it was), that you were busy doing other things (which you are), and that, at least right now, you don't have time for my beats (which you don't).

I don't why you wanted to argue over that.

And as far as working together, you gave me instructions on the first beat I sent you that you recorded on, and I followed them as best I could. I really like doing that kind of stuff but I just don't want every song to have that acoustic type sound that you really seem to connect with, so it's difficult.
    test
  19. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

And the last thing you asked me was if I wanted I could make a old school type hip-hop beat for you for the anno domini thing.

But I can't do that. I don't sample. All old school hip-hop beats were sampled, and trying to replicate that sound in a traditional production sense is damn near impossible, in my experience.
    test
  20. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

I argued because of the way you construed it as though you're having some sort of an injustice done, somehow. That's all. I surmised that from your mentioning this same phenomena in two threads, that I read today.
    test