F-ck a nine to five, i'd sooner bust a rhyme online

Discussion in 'Open Mic' started by Baron Mynd, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Mynd

Baron Mynd Swaggersaurus Rex

Black shirt, white tie. Passwords. Five tries. At work, time flies. Energy drinks are the remedy. Stimulating my memory. Thinking. Wake up and then I sleep. No rest for the wicked. Code red. This is business. Notes left on the fridges doors. I won't stress. I'll just give a call back and explain in jargon as plain as Martian. Paper. Sharpeners. A hole-punch. I've paid for garbage the whole month. "You're late,". Regardless, I've shown up. I want a bigger office space to sit in while I'm off my face. Hidden. Boxed in. Lost for days. No realistic options. Coffee tastes like Styrofoam. Dock my pay. It's time to go. Silent. Moping. Driving home with a scowl to greet the missus instead of showering her with kisses. The hours deplete in minutes. I’m out of my league. I fidget with the pen and pad left in hand while drawing an incessant blank. This never happens. Writers block. I’m getting cramp while rifling off these letters and I’d like to stop. My head is banging. I’m tired of signing forms, typed reports and supplying calls to faceless suits. They’re dinosaurs who’ve paid their dues to climb the corporate déjà vu.

QUICK KEY, ONE SITTING, LETS GO!
    test
  2. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Member

I felt this one!

nuff said
    test
  3. Baron Mynd

Baron Mynd Swaggersaurus Rex

good looking out!
    test
  4. BeatBox Eternal

BeatBox Eternal New Member

I really liked this man... cool scheme. Simple, but to the point, flows well from start to end. The ender is clutch. Definitely, literally, feeling what you wrote that day. Can relate.

Overall; well done sir.

*Beatz
    test
  5. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

I liked the pauses and breaks in this kat. Good job. It gave a flow to it with the stream of thought.

Keeping in mind this was keyed in one, the opening was strong and the rest tapered off. That is expected though in writing in one sitting.

Keep up
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.