Exploring past life memories with your pal reznick

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by reznick, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reznick

reznick New Member

But there is a really big difference in believing in a metaphysical world as an adult, and believing in the tooth fairy as an adult.

You can actually prove or disprove he existence of the tooth fairy as we describe it to be, to be real or not wih enough testing.

If 1,000,000 different people everyday leave their tooth under a pillow, a fairy with the characteristics of the classical western "tooth fairy" will enter your room and switch the tooth with money. That is a scientific hypothesis.

You can monitor the room, and see that it never happens after millions of trials. And like all scientific fact, it will 99.9999% prove that the tooth fairy does not exist.

The existence of metaphysics in general, is not.

If I pray 100 times a day, I will go to heaven. This is not a scientific hypothesis.

You cannot test that.
    test
  2. Twinmania

Twinmania Maybe we don't exist....

Maybe the teachings of the Tooth Fairy are allegorical.

If we look at things practically Noah couldn't have survived to be like 900 years old and have two of every species in the world on one boat........

EDIT: The same logic you just used can't apply to Zeus so do you believe in him?
    test
  3. reznick

reznick New Member

"EDIT: The same logic you just used can't apply to Zeus so do you believe in him?"

Your missing the point. The fact that these things cannot be proven or scientifically tested does not equate to me believing in them. It means I. Don't. Know.

And once again you are trying to use the most incredulous metaphysical examples you can think of. But I am talking about metaphysics in general.
    test
  4. PhilaTit

PhilaTit Well-Known Member

Which if it is even the case how did it get placed there in the first place? How did it become created to support that idea?

We can spend our whole lives in the pursuit of knowledge to strengthen our beliefs, but it becomes an endless chain of theories at that point. (If god exists what created them? Then what created that -so on and so on) For both parties of course.
    test
  5. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

It must be a very boring and mundane existance to ONLY believe in things which have been proven by science....

So you wouldnt have believed the world was round until it was proven that you wouldnt fall off the earth coz you was upsidedown??

Not everyone has to be a scientist and prove their thoughts and ideas to have them and discuss them....

We do not have complete understanding of energy and how it works and we do not have complete understanding of dimensionality and a host of other factors that could lead to a 'heaven' or a 'soul' or a 'creator' even...WE DONT KNOW YET!!!!

With the world is round example...if some person said to you back then the world was round, you'd say "it cant be, we'd fall off coz we would be upsidedown, how do we stay on the earth??" and the person with the thought would say "I dont know, maybe there is some invisible force that pulls you towards the earth so you dont fall off?" and then you say "Impossible lmao 'invisible force'?? lmao hahahaha thats devils talk no such thing exists, prove it to me!!!"....it may take another 400yrs for Newton to come along and prove the invisible force or it may take a 1000yrs....but that person who had the thought was correct even tho his society and the 'smart' people around him said it was impossible....

Again....Science has so many holes, is so incomplete in every aspect from chemistry to biology to physics....why rule ANYTHING out that hasnt been tested???

There are concepts that you cant prove that we use all the time.....infinity is one of them...prove to me that infinity exists in nature?? in theory it does but prove it does in nature and you will win a nobel prize an shit

PEACE
    test
  6. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

For what it's worth, atheism isn't a religion. This isn't an opinion, this is a fact. Atheism is a belief system, not a religion.
    test
  7. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

[​IMG]

Science has disproved a lot of what is in the bible, ergo the tooth fairy exists.
    test
  8. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

This has to be a troll post tbh.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.