Exploring past life memories with your pal reznick

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by reznick, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reznick

reznick New Member

"the fact that there is many theories about it and not a single unifying theory to explain it, that how the fuck is it even possible to talk about it?"

Very very loosely. Thats how. Look at the several theories being spouted out be Sifu, me, and some others in this thread. We are all so off from one another in our own passive theories surrounding the phenomenon. However, we all agree that there is "something" there. Something we do not understand, and is stil a complete mystery to us. But we do acknowledge people like James' story, and want to explore the possibilites behind such stories.

"i equate the logic in

"I was hypnotized and had a crazy realistic dream so it must have been repressed memories from a previous life that my soul experienced"

to

"I saw a blinking light in the sky and i couldn't tell what it is so it must be a an alien spacecraft""

But we are not talking about a loose account from some hick farmer or sky watcher. We are talking about documented stories where certain consistencies are verified. You can either choose to totally ignore these instances in turn for a more comfortable and controlled grasp on life and the world. Or you can take the hard way out, and stop to ask questions once in a while, and come to terms with and be at peace with the fact that we do not have the adequate knowledge to put all the pieces together in this universe.

I choose the latter
    test
  2. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

so do i rez you just need a large dose of skepticism before you lose your marbles
    test
  3. reznick

reznick New Member

Now your placing unnecessary assumed significance to something we are passively discussing and talking about.

There is suffering and danger in the world, but its human nature to sit and talk once in a while about things factual and imaginative.

However I do agree that humans should be more aware and active in fighting the worlds problems. That is another discussion entirely.

And I don't know whether this is the case or not, but I assume you lump me in with the group who is destined to believe everything they hear. Or who believes in crazy trends and ideas. But that is not the case. I find myself to be a very rational thinker in comparison to not only people here but in life in general.

I was saying since day 1 that the media and people are misplacing emphasis of these mass animal deaths. I mean, if 500 birds in China died together in 1880, who the fuck in America would know or care? Globalization, and the internet just made these things seem to happen more often. Same with natural disasters.

If you actually care to pay attention (dont blame you if you don't) the only "outlandish" idea I have a semi strong stance on, is the singularity. But considering Kurzweil has been going on every talk show, and people have really begun to seriously consider his research, I would say that it is not a very outlandish theory or idea.
    test
  4. mapleleaf

did you know there are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on the earth?

did you know that because of the way light travels, that if you were far enough away and had a large enough telescope that you could see dinosaurs walking on earth?
    test
  5. reznick

reznick New Member

Million stars for every grain of sand on earth is one single fact I heard in a documentary in 8th grade (Sagan I think) that really sparked my imagination and interest of the cosmos.
    Will never forget that sentence.

And the telescope idea is also amazing. But I think these discussions are more appropriate for their own, or other threads, no? Would love to discuss them though..
    test
  6. reznick

reznick New Member

I save the skepticism for more appropriate matters. But trust me, it's there.

I also do my best to keep as open a mind as possible.
    test
  7. reznick

reznick New Member

I appreciate it. I'm not sure why either, but I think it's a way subconsciously to put their knowledge "to the test" against someone who disagrees. I think it's also human nature. Kurzweil has it the worst in that department though.

The counter arguments against his research is always face palm worthy
    test
  8. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Since Mapleleaf has all the answers maybe he can answer the 'how do instincts get stored in DNA and how are they created' question??

There is no way to change a chemical reaction without an outside influence....your body wouldnt just happen to produce anger chemicals then happy ones at a whim just like a rock wont suddenly change directions mid air unless something made it.....

Thats called using logic

PEACE
    test
  9. mapleleaf

the best scientific minds are usually looked at as crazy because they defy norms that society had previously accepted as the truth. imagine copernicus in the 1500's when he tried to explain that the world doesn't revolve around earth.
    test
  10. bobbylight

bobbylight Well-Known Member

lol...not past lives but new completely made up memories.
    test
  11. bobbylight

bobbylight Well-Known Member

What? This is straight retarded. Instincts are evolution.
    test
  12. mapleleaf

im not sure what you're asking specifically... but ill give it a shot

theres something called a "Biological imperative"

they are traits that are common in all living organisms

survival, territorialism, competition, reproduction...

you don't do that to a certain extent, you die

most creatures innately have those traits

after that its all based on reaction, behavior, and psychology

you ever looked into feral children sifu? children that are raised in the wild without any parents. they are SO FUCKED and so different but they share the same biological imperative listed above. thing is they are not emotionally intelligent... cognitive development is very delicate and important
    test
  13. reznick

reznick New Member

Yea, it's WAY easier to not side with the people getting burned at the stake for proposing the sun is merely a star (Bruno 1600) lol
    test
  14. PhilaTit

PhilaTit Well-Known Member

Let me explain this, Science has always been inable to explain phenomenons that clearly exist. Here is an example:

Chi, scientists do not understand how it works and is created (most likely due to their routine methods of studying)

Although this was revealed by Derren Brown and others most likely, I'm sure they would be baffled to miss such an easy discovery.

Spoiler alert you will not hear from Science

They cut off the oxygen to their brains momentarily to become immune to pain.

This is going by Sport Science of course just a couple years ago, I would assume they have their shit together and done the research. Face it, Science is just a system of theories and opinions to figure out how the world works. Don't get me wrong, its made a huge impact on our world but when it comes to occurrences like these, they will go to any feat summarize improbable events through their methods. Has a gay magician really outsmarted an entire panel of highly trained scientists? By the Nine Divines...

But hey, I hope they are getting somewhere with the Big Bang Theory after all of these years. :smh:

My last reply for this thread and all the skeptics, I don't see the point in belittling people since this clearly cannot be proven to be TRUE OR FALSE. Now god on the other hand I wouldn't mind hearing some Scientific theories surrounding the myth, the man, the legend.
    test
  15. mapleleaf

lmao @ you talking about sports science

that post was so dumb holy fuck
    test
  16. reznick

reznick New Member

Maple did you see the new Tedtalk I posted today?

What do you think of it? I think it's incredible information
    test
  17. mapleleaf

I'll watch it if you watch this

[youtube]e-txR1WSPBs[/youtube]
    test
  18. reznick

reznick New Member

test
  19. reznick

reznick New Member

That was great, very insightful. Man 07 was a popped off year for Ted.

What I learned more than anything else in that talk is the vast amounts of undiscovered species. The importance of conservation seems almost obvious, but the complexities behind it are vast beyond what I had previously imagined. It is an interesting notion that we should take the discovery of life forms as serious as the human genome project. In a way I think he's right, because we may find answers or other incredible things by discoviering new life forms. But isn't discovery of new species a constant field of science that has been ongoing for ages? I have a very loose grasp on the field of conservation, but I wondr how much financing goes into it versus the human genome project.

And did that encyclopedia ever get developed?
    test
  20. PhilaTit

PhilaTit Well-Known Member

Feel more than free to research that then bud, you will find it to be "scientifically impossible".

You can't rebuttal truth. Since you like to involve google searches with science statistics to disprove things then look it up and see if you can find me some answers then get back at me.

But since its already been revealed before Science could figure it out then you'll be wasting your time. The study you posted is also flawed:

None of my experiences fit in any of these categories^ I would be more than willing to undergo their patheticly biased outlooks, as I said before there is certainly no way to explain being able to see into the future (or of a past life) vividly unless you have experienced these places or events through something you absorbed, so comparing that study to my experiences renders it unexplainable and it would completely agree.

We are talking Big Bang Theory probability here man. Oh wait, I just had a vision you are going to duck under 99% (again) of what I said and pick out one sentence to rebuttal.

Mission accomplished, btw I'll be waiting on your scientific chi research. We'll get back to seeing in the future (which is ridiculously impossible by explanation) or past life (definitely easier to disprove) later.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.