explaining God to an atheist

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Is like explaining a 3d object to a 2d object

heres an illustration
    test
  2. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

I'm not an atheist. But you got to agree, except from written words and traditional belief, there is nothing to suggest God exist outside the mind of humanity. Which is not to say God does or does not exist, just speaking from a resonable objective perspective.
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

explaining a 3d object to a 2d object wouldn't be difficult.

Id say, see how you only exist in x and y? well 3d has xyz.

done.

getting them to believe in god is much more difficult than explaining what it is
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

The bible says his invisible and eternal qualities are clearly seen in nature so that man is without excuse. it also says his laws are written on our hearts, and that our conscience convicts us of his standard and truth. so we know truth when we hear it, wether
    we acknowledge that or not, or supress our conscience or not is another story
    test
  5. antilluminati

I think everyone has their own subjective take on God. It is impossible to be completely objective on this as that would mean we understand and fully comprehend what God is. I just don't believe we're there yet. I mean, we can't even fully comprehend ourselves.
    test
  6. antilluminati

I refuse to base knowledge on the bible, I sometimes draw some knowledge out of it when it reflects what I already know as a human to be true. Truth is everlasting and in us all, the bible is a guidebook for those who are lost, I also believe that book is semi-hijacked by people with underlying motives, which is why I don't buy it. I'm a fan of God, but very sceptical of both the church and the bible. no offence, but it sorta irritates me when people quote the bible. They should know God and be able to formulate these truths without ever having to have read it. I'm able to, and I'm glad that you acknowledge it, even if you are refering to the bible hehe..
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

Fair enough. but u should know truth when u hear it as well.
    and u do know what to expect from the nature of God.
    if God is good. than u can expect goodness from his nature. if God is love, than u can expect love from his nature. If God is just than u should expect justice from his nature.
    test
  8. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

you can build a logical design of how 4 physical dimensions would work and even though our perception is rooted in 3 physical dimensions and we can't intuitively grasp what that would look like, we can grasp the logic of how it would work.

god, on the other hand, is built on a series of vague platitudes. when it runs into logical errors, it essentially invokes one to halt any serious attempt to make sense of the concept and to take it on faith that the concept is real but simply beyond human understanding. in other words, it's humans claiming to know what they can't possibly know.
    test
  9. TheBigPayback

So u agree that u can know truth.
    The bible just confirms that. because as u said, u know it, but u know it
    because ur spirit knows it. ur flesh however wars against what ur spirit knows
    for what gives it pleasure. thats where the issues arrive.

the bible is just a mirror, we hold it up to ourselves and see
    how far off from Gods perfect standard we really are.
    thats really what we dont like seeing or hearing.
    test
  10. antilluminati

I know of good, what I know of as the darkside comes from fear. Which is probably why I also see myself as a Jedi ^^ God could then easily be seen as "the force". I also know karma as a form of justice in this world. Depends if you are serving yourself or serving others. Everything is about balance, we all have negative and positive energy which have to be balanced (like a battery, energy comes from a bipolar energysource where both sides are necessary for producing life/energy) We know this duality in all of our existence, being blueeyed and only seeing one side of this and supressing the other is what leads to our crisis in humanity and in our personal lives. We should not be fearful and see ourselves for who we truly are, which is why someone said God separated himself from himself, in order to observe himself. "The tree of knowledge" symbolises our ability to distinct between the two parts of our duality and when we started being shameful of the one side is when it became wrong. We are all that is within ourselves, we just have to learn how to accept and become more enlightened so we can elevate by charging our poles into a higher state of consciousness. We aint there yet, I understand more though, look into the alchemical process of transformation, I believe you might find it very enlightening :)
    test
  11. antilluminati

I also see that truth in many other scriptures. I also see it in sects. People have time and time again used these universal truths and intertwined them with material which will serve their own purpose. I hold a mirror up to everything and see truth. I will not hold my life to the bible though.
    test
  12. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

just fucking stop it already.

what makes you think atheists want an explanation of god from you, of all people?

:numaan:
    test
  13. Put it in my Mouth

Put it in my Mouth member

Op silly ex.

Why are you God believers always trying to convert atheists????? Atheists just want you guys to pratice/follow your religion w/o it affecting them but you guys are always trying to convert/ fake enlighten others....just stop it
    test
  14. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i rest my case.

it shouldn't affect your life in the slightest if they believe or don't believe.

:numaan:
    test
  15. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Christians are super concerned about converting people

pretty sure they say that its their mission to "save" the heathens(any non -Christian)
    test
  16. Put it in my Mouth

Jehovah witness & Christians are the worst they remind me of that Seinfeld episode where those carpet cleaners were converting customers to their religion.

seriously every1 would get along better if you guys just gave up this conversion scheme, as it is there is way too much religion in every day life, when will it stop
    test
  17. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

TheBigPayBack, can you prove unicorns don't exist?

You can't? Ha! Then you must admit to believing in unicorns.

Wait... you don't believe in unicrorns?

That's it, you're going to Leprechaun heck.
    test
  18. Put it in my Mouth

test
  19. Ass Napkin Ed

Ass Napkin Ed DC - 19th & Benning Rd

God has to exist
    how else are we gonna compare people who are better than others
    test
  20. Put it in my Mouth

^lol based on that poor excuse 4 logic I actually believe this retard is really ass napkin ed
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.