Exorcism and the church

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Sir Bustalot, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

This to me is one thing that starts to convince me. I already know there is ghosts(assuming ghosts are dead people) so its not odd to believe in good ones and bad ones...

I figure if theyd bother enough to have special rituals and special trained priests who have to get permission from the top to perform them then that shit is real. And whatever is in that person/location whos possessed doesnt like hearing about jesus and the soldier angels...

Its not that i dont believe in any of the stuff you guys say. Its that i dont believe there as many rules and regulations as were led to believe there is....and its not nearly as complicated.

and i thinks its mostly metaphorical...

i dont believe in angels that look like oldtimey roman soldiers who fly down on rays of light in battle armour and have a sword fights with demons....
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

[youtube]x4n9vK0_mdk[/youtube]
    test
  3. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

thats like saying that since the mayans bothered to have rituals to sacrifice people to their gods that their plentiful harvest must've been thanks to the spill of innocent blood... they had exorcisms because they didn't understand human psychology, they had no way of knowing why a crazy person was the way they are. this is also the reason exorcisms are rarely practiced anymore in developed countries and why there hasn't been a an outbreak of demonic possession as a result of this.. because now we have better answers.
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

maybe, it might be like saying that

and whos to say the mayans werent right?

but ive seen a ghost. Thats the diff. I know theres ghosts.
    test
  5. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i'm not saying there aren't ghosts. personally i don't believe in em but thats cause i've never seen one and everyone else in my family claims to see them. my fam's house in nc is said to have been haunted, and whenever i was staying there i'd always be up at night by myself watching tv or walking around outside, i have made myself the perfect target for them and still i don't see them. maybe one day they'll change my mind. until then i'm assuming that people have delusions and fantasies and that ghosts are one of them. it seems like everyone has an alien/ghost story but me. i can't help but think most of it is probably either exaggerated or simply imagined.

but ghosts might exist, i still don't think exorcisms are legit.. even the church has mostly abandoned the practice by now. at this point its almost in the realm of 'voodoo'.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well if it has been abandoned then i got nothin lol

but im pretty sure they still gaurd its secrets and keep the "department" up and running in current order.
    test
  7. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i couldnt tell you, i only know that it doesnt happen too often in the 'civilized' parts of the world anymore because it seems genuine psychiatric attention is much more effective.
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well correct me if im wrong, but youre saying posession is all just mental illness?

i dont believe that
    test
  9. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

my intention isn't to make any absolute claims about ghosts or possession per se... i mostly just have a problem with exorcisms since i think they're abusive and they take advantage of people's fears.. back in the day all types of mental illness or even unexplained physical ailments were chalked up to supernatural forces, thats why before there were doctors there were witch doctors, and before there were shrinks there were exorcisms.

i just think they do more harm than good.. they convince the patient that they really are possessed.. these people need real help. it's sort of like when extremists decide to pray for their sick child to get better rather than seek medical attention.

but essentially you're right.. i do think possession is nothing more than mental illness. this link lays it out pretty well
    Is Demonic Possession Merely a Case of Psychological Illness?
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah but theres links to both sides of the argument.

so well have to agree to disagree.
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

They arent exactly ghosts they r called familiar spirits.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.