Excellent topic, does reputation count when battling?

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Mc_Snyder, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mc_Snyder

Mc_Snyder New Member

It seems that rep counts alot these days to go to the big events and i was just wondering what other peoples opinion were on these? Do you guys think rep actually counts? Like some events require invites and thats rep but the unheard cats are left in the shadows see what im sayin? Also, oh yeah does dick ryding come with the rep hahahaha.
    test
  2. gshock

gshock New Member

dick ryding dunt cownt bcuz its not fair votes sumtiams they win cuz of that but real hiphopheads no it when it ahppens. in real battle wit real hiphop heads as awdiance rep dosent cownt cuz its gay
    test
  3. sixty cycle hum

sixty cycle hum short arms, deep pockets

cant get a rep til you start battling..
    test
  4. Mistake

Mistake Dougie Darko

it mos def affects shtt .. But i think it can work in both ways..

gotta work will be back on this in a min
    test
  5. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

Pretty much. I mean, you don't really get rep unless people know that you're ill at battlin. Also, the shit does kinda suck, though. I mean, Juice is a perfect example of this; apparently, at Scribble (I wasn't there, but I heard..) that he lost TWICE, but the judges voted him a win anyway because of his rep, ya know?
    test
  6. Mistake

Mistake Dougie Darko

thats what i mean though.. It can work in both ways..

PERFECT EXAMPLE=Shells..

kid is horrible but he got rep for winning Unsigned hype and placing in blaze..(And an army of dicckriders following him from battle to battle)

c'mon now do u think the kid would stand a chance at scribble?? .. .. !! .. ..

This is my point though he got a rep for being a battler(even tho he is garbage)..
    But I would be so quick to boo him even if he was to come real nice against someone just because I hate him and everything he reprasents.. And I know thats ignorant but i am being honest.................

Thats what I mean it can work both ways..

No matter what though this battle shtt is never gonna be perfectly fair in every instance let alone at all..

PEACE!!..
    test
  7. Frankie RIptide

Frankie RIptide New Member

I think rep matters and I think it should matter. If you are an unkown emcee that means you haven't paid all your dues yet, so why should you be able to say two hot lines and beat someone known( who has no clue who you are and is prolly freestyling his disses) If you are unknown, that means you are gunning for people. So who is more in harms way the sniper or the victim? If you are gonna be a sniper and try to gun down someone with clout then you better not hit him in the knee, because even if you blow out his legs he is still crawling away with the victory...you follow so far? Point is, if you are unknown you have the edge, so you better serve up the person with a rep or expect his rep to beat you which it rightfully should, becuase one time the person with the rep was in your position and he did something right....

On the other hand if you have a rep and you suck some night, doesn't mean you automatically should get a win, but as long as you are known and you hold your ground without being EMBARRRAAASSEEEED, you rightfully deserve what you have gained,

I'm drunk not sure if that makes sense but whatever, it does in my mind
    test
  8. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

yea rep matters. I changed my mind on those juice battles, I'm sure he beat wreckognize and I think he beat dose noun as well. this is after watching it several times.
    test
  9. React360

React360 I Eat Breffis.

I think rep definatly matters in a battle where there is a prize 1,000 there should be dope battle emcees and up, if your gunna put up that much money for the contest you want people to see a good show and come back. Ive been to, too many battles where its cats first time battling which is cool, but dont do it on stage. I also think that in battles where you need an invite they should allow some spots open and except tapes to let newbies in. And as far as dickriding goes, fuck that eveyone has their off days.
    test
  10. liferhyme

liferhyme New Member

i bring my whole village when i battle so i could win $3 per night thats one battle per 2 months here in the philippines i catch rep
    test
  11. Knoxx

Knoxx New Member

Hey, hey, c'mon now. No teasing of this nature. Throw up some footage, homeboy.
    test
  12. phillipdrummond

dude, you know that I will hook the fuck up out of that battle when the time is right, but I will
    a)probably be dead at the hands of mr. dibbs or someone else
    b)not have footage next year of the whole battle to hook people up with (i.e. all of you)
    if I release that shit now. when the scribble video comes out, I will distribute it across the web and I promise you you'll have every dope battle in high quality mp4's. Until that time you'll have to make due with all the other footage I hook up. Don't worry, I think teh served footage and streetrock will be higher quality battling. I definately think served battle was higher level than scribble jam and a better battle, although jack cracker really impressed me, along with some others. peace and I should have some served clips soon.
    test
  13. A.S.K

A.S.K ...

definetly matters

no doubht about the shit

is Pack FM in here?????
    test
  14. Ayem

Ayem I Heart Myself

Shit...Even Tha City U Rep Determines Good U R In A Battle Vote-Wise...Peeps Said "P-nut From Tracy"...All U Hear In Tha Crowd Was "Tracy, Wha Tha Fuck...Get Off Tha Stage, Only Countryfolks Live In Tracy"...So I Basically Walked Into A Battle Wit Peeps Have'n They Back Turned Ta Me...
    test
  15. Knoxx

Knoxx New Member

phillipdrummond, can you send me an email or hook me up with your email?

aaronknoxx@yahoo.com

Peace
    test
  16. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

^nah Mothafucka.
    test
  17. phillipdrummond

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.