Exact Lines Dissing BadBoy/East Coast at the 1995 Source Awards? SNoop dogg/suge knig

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by mysticwarrior, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mysticwarrior

mysticwarrior New Member

Hey ppls, I'm doing a paper about Hip Hop , and I need some help.
    Anyone remember exactly what Snoop Dogg said when he was dissing badboy or the east coast at The 1995 Source Awards? He said something like " The east coast dont love Dr. Dre and snoop dogg" .. then said something like " So let it be known then, we know yalls eastcoast".. or something of that nature. Anyone got the exact lines?
    test
  2. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

I remember something like "You don't love Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg? You don't love us? The fuck y'all, East Coast!"
    test
  3. Cornrow Wallace

Cornrow Wallace New Member

The video is on youtube. Look for it.
    test
  4. JD4REAL

JD4REAL Keepin' it 100

I think I remember him saying 'We know where the fuck were at! East Cost in the motherfuckin' house.
    Snoop sounded kinda scared to me...like as if he was saying it, it was coming out wrong.
    Suge Knight is the one that started most of the drama with him attacking Puffy Combs.
    test
  5. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Snoop was never anti-East Coast. He wanted to work with Biggie.
    test
  6. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Yea....with all bias aside, New York was hella biased back in the early 90's, and many people from NY just didn't like anything from outside of NY, even Philly and Jersey didn't get as much love in NY. Things have definitely changed now though.
    test
  7. DP Banned?

DP Banned? New Member

Didn't Suge say something like "If you don't want producers talking on your songs and singing in your videos, come to Death Row Records." ?
    test
  8. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

New York used to b gay as fuck.................

but all are artists had to move there 2 even attempt to get signed

and rap labels still biased towards Detroit Eminem gave us a odd image to follow.............because he's not from the hood and he's white he doesnt have a real detroit sound........neither does Obie...........and D12 is commercial now

So the labels not really open to Detroit music
    test
  9. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I think the main reason Detroit and Chicago have never been MAJOR factors in the rap game is because there is no clear cut generalized sound from either city, which is good and bad. It's bad because it means people only want to hear a certain sound from you, and you can easily get stuck in that sound. Florida didn't start to break away from that stereotype of soundin like Luke until Trick Daddy, and even after him, they still are only seen at makin booty shakin music. L.A. is stuck in a time warp, and NY rappers who don't sound somethin like Jay, Dipset, or anybody else out now, never get a chance.

So I donno....for Detroit and Chi, at least y'all can have a variety of artists out with different sounds, even though it's no clear cut sound from y'all that record companies will want to push. St. Louis already burnt out because their artists all had the same kinda vibe to them.
    test
  10. Headcase

Headcase Member

Suge's exact words:

"Any artist out there wanna be a star, and dont wanna have to worry about the executive producer trying to be all in the videos, all on the records, and dancing, come to Death Row"
    test
  11. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

that 95 source awards was crazy, everyone, an I mean everyone was in the buildin..I thought shit was about to get violent until Puffy tried to keep the peace, lol shit had me rollin.
    test
  12. PotHead

PotHead average brilliance

lol yeah --- that was funny,
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.