Ex-President of Bad Boy states Puffy hired hit on Tupac

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by larcen, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larcen

larcen New Member

Kirk Burrowes, ex-president of Bad Boy Entertainment, is making explosive claims in new court papers which implicate Sean 'P Diddy' Combs in the 1995 murder of Suge Knight's bodyguard and accuse his conglomerate of ordering the hit on Tupac Shakur.

In legal filings obtained by The New York Post, Burrowes claims the mogul set up an "enterprise" of thuggish associates "to gain power, recognition, fame and financial gain through acts and threats involving murder, mayhem and extortion via the enterprise."

Burrowes, godfather to Diddy's son, Justin, makes the extraordinary claims as part of a $25 million suit in Manhattan federal court. The disgruntled label exec says he enjoyed a "very close, family-like relationship" with Combs before their relationship erupted. This past June, he filed the legal action, claiming Diddy cheated him out of $25 million, threatened him with a baseball bat and undermined his management deal with rap diva Mary J. Blige.

[More about the events]

High-powered lawyers for Sean "P. Diddy" Combs lashed out at his former business partner yesterday, claiming he was blackmailing the rap mogul by implicating him in two murders.

Kirk Burrowes, the godfather of one of Combs' sons and an ex-president of his rap conglomerate Bad Boy Entertainment, makes a series of shocking allegations as part of a $25 million legal suit against the high-living rapper.

It includes claims Combs and his rap conglomerate were behind the slayings of Suge Knight's bodyguard Jai "Big Jake" Hassan in 1995 and top performer Tupac Shakur in 1996.

Combs' lawyer Benjamin Brafman said Combs would not be "blackmailed into submission" by a "former disgruntled employee" looking for money.

He said the claims were "completely baseless" and had already been investigated by law-enforcement authorities.

Burrowes' lawyer John Bostany, who clashed with Brafman in a brief but heated exchange after a court hearing yesterday, claimed his client was "concerned for his safety."

He said Combs' legal team was "trying to escape answering for [Combs'] corrupt acts by making technical arguments."
    "With the consent, approval and ratification of the [Bad Boy] enterprise, Suge Knight's chief bodyguard "Big Jake" was murdered in 1995," Burrowes says in a sworn legal statement. Allegedly, the bodyguard was killed soon after Combs' "advance man" got into an "East Coast-West Coast bashing contest" at an Atlanta party. A local deputy sheriff, who was later killed in a "mysterious car accident," identified Combs' "advance man" - a convicted felon named Anthony Jones - as the shooter, claims Burrowes.

Burrowes also accuses Bad Boy Entertainment of hiring the shooter who killed Tupac. Burrowes did not offer more detail on this in his sworn 37-page statement.

Burrowes lawyer John Bostany will argue in court today for Burrowes' new claims of violence to be admitted to the case. "My client appears to be the victim of a corrupt group that 'thugs its way through it' and I am here to help him get justice," Bostany said yesterday.

Additionally, Burrowes accuses Combs of the champagne-bottle attack on April 15, 1999 against Universal Records exec Steve Stoute - an attack Diddy admitted to and apologized for. Burrowes continues naming Roy Reid and Dante Dixon, alleged members of Diddy's "enterprise" were directed by Combs to threaten, harass and stalk John Bentley, a songwriter and owner of Calidelphia Records.

Combs lawyer Benjamin Brafman said yesterday Burrowes' claims are "entirely baseless" and "without merit."
    test
  2. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

Holy shit.
    Where'd you get this? Haven't heard about this at all....
    test
  3. DaiN

DaiN King of New Orleans

puffy did us all a favor...
    test
  4. Verbal Marksman

Oh shit.
    I don't know about all that. Pac wasn't the worst rapper in the world or anything...not exactly my thing, but not like Big Tymers or Nelly or anything...
    test
  5. DaiN

DaiN King of New Orleans

^maybe....but the way people rode him??? got on my nerves....he wasnt nice at all...everyone knows nelly is wack...same as big tymers...but they was hyping this man like he was god of all emcee's are some shit....and he really really wasnt...at all..
    test
  6. larcen

larcen New Member

^that's a matter of opinion

but u cant deny he was one of the most successful and passionate motherfuckers about his music
    test
  7. DaiN

DaiN King of New Orleans

passion has NOTHING to do with skills...you dont see cats talking about being the best passionate emcee[funny]...and as far as success....wtf??? HAMMER had that....and what??? he still sucks....so those 2 points were irrelevent....
    test
  8. _XUT_

_XUT_ New Member

Tupac is GOD to Armenians, Asians, and Hispanics
    test
  9. gshock

gshock New Member

^more like white chicks. anytime i see thugette chicks they be like "Pac is soooooo fiiiiiineeeeeeeee"
    test
  10. gshock

gshock New Member

and i agree wit dain, passion has nuttin to do wit skills. tupac is not EVEN nice. people be ridin his dick so much
    test
  11. larcen

larcen New Member

Maybe passion was the wrong word to use, I would instead say "lyrical content". You could spit a million hot lines about how many cars you got. Lyrical content and skills go hand in hand.

Could someone tell me what kind of point I was trying to make? I thought I just said Tupac was undeniably successful. I don't remember saying success makes anyone good.
    test
  12. larcen

larcen New Member

ps. 13,959 (44.01 posts per day)

go outside bro
    test
  13. NiKaTiNE

NiKaTiNE New Member

man...fu@k that.... i am 100% into true hip hop and underground shit.... the bboy scene, all that... but Pac is still one of the greatest rappers of all time... just cuz he didnt freestyle or battle... he was still a poet... had a good flow... and kept it real...
    test
  14. Verbal Marksman

^^^
    I don't dislike Pac for not being able to freestyle/battle, I just don't like his shit. I mean, people talk about how Pac was such a great poet, but once you start getting into REAL poetry and spoken word, you realize that Pac was not very good at poetry at all.
    Sage Francis, Slug, and Saul Williams are good poets. Tupac is just mediocre (sp?) if you ask me.
    test
  15. sympyl

sympyl New Member

why the fuck are you guys dissin pac? just quit listening to hiphop now. "you no longer have what hip hop requires, so retire"
    test
  16. Himself

Himself New Member

verbal's trying to force his corny opinion onto others

im not a pac fan, but i acknowledge the fact that he was a dope as fuck rapper
    test
  17. larcen

larcen New Member

As far as poetry is concerned, Slug doesn't even write poetry. I also don't know how one could measure poetry in terms of skill... I don't believe that's what poetry is meant for.
    test
  18. SKIL

SKIL Hate what you make

Tupac may not have had flow like some arists, or poetic genius that others have. But if Tupac had not let the gang banging ideals get in to his head and was given a mentor to help hone his already exsisting concepts he could have been a legend. But he allowed himself to become part of a life style that he had the opportunity to stay away from. If you watch interviews of him when he was 17,18, 19 that cat was intellectual, charasmatic and articulate, characteristics of the greatest leaders. He unfortunately allowed his anger to get in the way of his message at times. But no one can deny that there were messages that came from him about the oppression of people not just by colour but class and sex (women) how many other emcees are doing that.
    test
  19. sympyl

sympyl New Member

serious. whoever says pac isn't a poet and one of the greatest of all time is just a fool. blind from years of poor hip hop choices.
    test
  20. LIL' ECKO

LIL' ECKO New Member

as you floss the Thug Life album cover as your avatar...terrible
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.