Evolutionist:

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Do you have enough blind faith to believe that life just popped into existence from nonlife, and that such life just happened to have the ability to take in the nourishment it needed, to expel waste, and to reproduce itself, all the while having everything it needed to survive in the environment in which it suddenly found itself?
    test
  2. patrown

patrown student for life

no. i think there is a supreme being. but i am unwilling to attach it to any of the faith man has written in a book and told us we should obey. if anyone can convince me otherwise I'm agnostic. but so far, I haven't experienced anything to convince me I should join a church.
    we just didnt appear from nowhere. and we are a unique species because of our chromosomes, there may have been evolution on this planet but I don't think ours was completely natural.
    at some point, somethin happened to some monkeys and we came out of it.
    test
  3. patrown

patrown student for life

and that something wasn't any form of evolution.

so lp, how are you sure that there is in fact a name to this supreme being?

my main problem is that anything written by a mans hand has his own touch to it..

and some of anything can be complete fiction. like imo, the book of mormon.
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

The bible doesnt claim to be of man. Read john 1
    test
  5. lyricalpriest

I believe there is evidence of the nameless god.. it's the universe. I find it's blue-print in the "word" of god.. I find my salvation in the messiah, and i follow the predictions of the prophets'.. blind faith imo as well..
    test
  6. patrown

patrown student for life

ah. LP i feel that. ive never had anyone explain that faith to me like that.
    that's not too far from my way of thinking but i dont have a faith.
    sometimes i wish i did. faithful people are more content.
    i wish i was raised to believe something but it's very hard for me now.

i have a bible. so ill check out john 1, right now.

i'll be getting a koran soon so if you wana message me any specific reading, ill check it out asap.

looking for hope. some kind of faith. never was raised to believe.
    test
  7. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

LP, answer this honestly:

Have you ever read anything about evolution that isn't on a website (and most probably a very biased one) or maybe an introductory textbook? I'm not saying that as an insult. It's good to challenge scientific theories - that's the whole point - but it has to be done in the right way. The questions you're raising are the result of misunderstandings or not enough research. They've already been answered in detail. If you really want the answers, then you need to actually look for them.
    test
  8. patrown

patrown student for life

how could we have possibly evolved from apes when losing two chromosomes is the final act..
    test
  9. patrown

patrown student for life

opening bible. john 1.. uhh... . hmm. this feels strange to me.

i can not find john . whats it between.
    test
  10. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

evolution is in no way blind faith. blind faith is believing in something that makes no sense and can't be proven. Example: a god listening 24/7 to everyone in the world, all humans coming from adam and eve, god snaping "his fingers" and creating the world in seven days, heaven and hell existing, etc it goes on and on.

evolution has its holes as many other scientific theories but they are miniture holes, man made religions have grand canyon gaps in all its logic and claims
    test
  11. patrown

patrown student for life

edit: found john. woot

edit edit: these pages are really thin.
    test
  12. patrown

patrown student for life

I think a large part of being a true believer of a religion is to place those gaps in the realm which God has taken care of. but.. I'm not an expert on the subject. I've just spoken with my gf about it
    test
  13. patrown

patrown student for life

i just read it. i dont see where it says that.
    the part that stuck out to me is he that is with faith but in darkness.....""
    you know the rest. if you'd be so kind as to point out which number of john 1 thats in ive been trying to find it for a while.
    test
  14. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

the concept of faith in your girlfriend is a good thing. But taking many men's word of what god is, take some old stories, mix em all up, and 50 years after jesus dies or so give or take, there's the bible
    test
  15. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

im a fan of god

i just dont believe it cares what religion you are
    test
  16. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

I think we've already gone over this in some regards.

Now granted its some guess work on the actual composition of the early atmoshpere but the Miller-Urey Experiment Wiki Page shows that with the right elements in the air a chemical reaction to create more complex building blocks of life is possible.

Even re-testing the results 50 years later with better equipment gave way to more amino acids and such in the results. Also known as the basic building blocks of protein and therefore life.

And all that has pretty much nothing to do with evolution. Evolution is pretty much a fact at this point even without the concept of Abiogenesis being 100% proven. But still there is more scientific studies done which supports the theory of Abiogenesis then exists for facts supporting the theory of a God.
    test
  17. patrown

patrown student for life

i dont either but .. the way they describe hell is to forever suffer the torment
    of your sins. i dont believe in an afterlife at this moment in time.
    so the way i look at it now, living a life of sin is hell.
    it is more brutal then i'd like to admit.
    going to read the bible for the first time hoping to learn something.
    test
  18. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i read the bible like a novel... what i found was that it was a book of lessons with examples.

nothing more really. A good book with good advice but other than that....

I also believe in reincarnation and karma... and dont believe that i could go to "hell"

i kinda agree with you in that heaven and hell is a mental state... a lot of people are already living in hell and vise versa
    test
  19. lyricalpriest

Symmetrically to the Evolutionist regarding Theism, I have not studied in depth i admit to that.. and ur right, it's just hard when they start explaining shit and my "spirit"z spidey senses go off:

Here are three questions which I would love to hear evolutionists try to answer:

1) Which evolved first: the mouth, the stomach, the digestive fluids, or the ability to poop?

2) Which evolved first: the windpipe, the lungs, or the ability of the body to use oxygen?

3) Which evolved first: the bones, ligaments, tendons, blood supply, or the muscles to move the bones?

Conceivably, you could continue this exercise forever. The reality is that the body has a huge variety of incredibly complex systems which completely rely on other incredibly complex systems that cannot function on their own. Evolutionists just tend to ignore this bit of common sense.

3 key points which destroy the theory of evolution:

1) If evolution was true, we should have millions of transitional fossils.

2) If evolution was true, then we should see an "evolutionary tree" in the fossil record, with complex life developing very slowly from earlier less complex forms. Instead, we see the sudden, instant appearance of complex life in the fossil record (evolutionists refer to this as the Cambrian explosion):

3) In addition, evolutionists are at a complete loss for how to explain the creation of new information that is required for one animal to turn into another animal.
    test
  20. lyricalpriest

is this true??
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.