Evolution or adaptation?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by JASON ANTHONY, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

Where do you draw the line?

This is mostly a question for the religious heads.

God created bears… but somewhere along the line a bear had to adapt to its climate growing white fir and developing webbing in its claws for swimming. Now we have the polar bear. Who’s to say with the glaciers melting that another adaptation won’t take place over thousands of years that will change the species forever as we know it through natural selection? Would that not be evolution? At what point does a creationist say, “Okay… This animal used to be a polar bear, but has certainly evolved into an entirely new species all together?”

The examples are endless. Please elaborate on this. It bugs the shit out of me.
    test
  2. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

i've asked this question many times. what i notice is there's sort of a disconnect in that when you refer to species in the biological sense there's more than one definition, the most common of which being a closely related breeding population. i.e. once members of two related populations can no longer interbreed they are no longer the same species.

but when i discuss this with creationists i find they aren't using this definition nor any other scientific definition of the word. in fact many times they will avoid the word species altogether and instead opt for the word 'kind.' in the bible it says each with bring forth after their kind. so they'll often consider any evolution which doesn't alter the 'kind' of animal as just adaption. but as far as i can tell this 'kind' label is an imaginary line that is based on nothing in particular other than which animals seem the most alike.
    test
  3. JASON ANTHONY

Reggie understands me.
    test
  4. JASON ANTHONY

test
  5. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

Nobody understands mental midgets.
    test
  6. JASON ANTHONY

Another dodge.
    test
  7. Alias3000

Adaptation = GOD's plan

Evolution = an Idiot's wayward ways of thinking
    test
  8. Alias3000

Dodge what? post something I can feel and I'm all over it, testie.
    test
  9. JASON ANTHONY

Where do you draw the line, Alias?
    It should be a simple question considering you're such a grounded, black Jesus loving Israelite.
    test
  10. Alias3000

At the point of redemption for my people.
    test
  11. JASON ANTHONY

Where do you draw the line, Alias?
    test
  12. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i think it's a fine line. i'm not a fan of evolutionary theory. why? too many inconsistencies.

they say sharks are the perfect killing machine and haven't changed in millions of years, yet everything else in the world has? there were sea creatures bigger than whale sharks that fed on everything, yet they died out? how?

dinosaurs devolved into puny creatures we farm and shoot with birdshot now? bullshit. i refuse to believe a raptor evolved into a chicken or a quail or whatever.

adaptation is inevitable, but i don't think that spawns a whole new species.

yes i know people will come in talking about "we found this species and this other one is so similar!" etc, but similar doesn't mean the same. dolphins and humans are more similar than apes and humans, so do we share an ancestor with apes or dolphins or both?

and btw, a polar bear's fur is clear, and its skin is actually black. it only appears white because it is a reflection of the ice/snow.
    test
  13. JASON ANTHONY

I wouldn't say dinasours evolved into tiny birds. I think it was more of a natural selection process that made the bigger animals die out and the smaller ones evolve.

I agree with you for the most part... Know one can know for sure what happened... but that's why we use our brains instead of giving up and saying "God made it."
    test
  14. KRich662

KRich662 Well-Known Member

The animals were bigger because the earth had a different atmosphere than we do now. when the climate changed they couldn't adapt to it and died off and only the smaller ones were left. As they had to continue to get acclimated to the new climate/atmosphere the animals got smaller and smaller.

JK God created millions of universes and earth, then he waited a couple million years, created bacteria, then waited a couple more million years, created dinosaurs, then waited a couple more million years, created apelike creatures, then waited a couple more million years, and then he decided to create neanderthals, waited a couple thousand years, and VOILA decided to create humans. Duhhhh
    test
  15. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

why wouldn't everything be affected by a climate change that drastic?

when did they decide to stop shrinking? is there a set size everything should be? why are whale sharks so much larger than whales and sharks?
    test
  16. KRich662

KRich662 Well-Known Member

Let's ask God

"God why do people kill infants and shoot up movie theaters and why do priest molest little boys and why are whale sharks bigger than whales and sharks????
    test
  17. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

why wouldn't everything be affected by a climate change that drastic?

when did they decide to stop shrinking? is there a set size everything should be? why are whale sharks so much larger than whales and sharks?
    test
  18. JASON ANTHONY

Scientists say 99% of the species that have lived on the earth are now extinct.

I think it had to do with volcanoes, ice ages, meteors... pretty much shit happens.

Animals don't just evolve for no reason.
    test
  19. Alias3000

YOU are not smart AT ALL.

all you're doing is parakeeting the shit you were taught by Mr. Asshole in Science class. not know that he's a fucking idiot just like you.

whit happens? so basically YOU just happend? You were a mistake? is that your claim...hahahahaha
    test
  20. JASON ANTHONY

Another way to look at it is that possibly life was designed (by God or by chance) to evolve. Conditions aren't constant.

Also, microorganisms from other worlds could have landed here via space junk over millions or years bringing entirely new species to our planet i.e. insects or any other inside-out creatures.

The possibilities are endless, but in the end it all comes down to what we know; and what we know are the earth is old and has been through countless changes in shape and population. I don’t see the Bible being prevalent anymore in reference to the creation of the heavens and earth unless God is really some alien race splicing DNA with monkeys and yada yada yada.

My imagination tends to run amuck when thinking about this shit.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.