everybody, lets make manga

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Radium, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radium

Radium f k

i think i have been going threw some changes as a person as i have been discovering more and more lately the power of our brains and the things that prompt our ability to experience rewards with them .. . ...

to be really fast with that, we are reward seeking/creating machines. and we have an ability to create a cache of different rewards and then go out and seek/create new ones once we have depleted the ones we have stored away

i have found that there are three big ways to do that, and i guess there are more, and of course its more complex than just this, but these are the big ones

Dopamine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oxytocin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Epinephrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

they each have extremely powerful effects. and they can be mixed together to create even more interesting effects eg dopamine x oxytocin or oxytocin x adrenaline: try to imagine what these states might feel like (falling in love on an extremely high shaky bridge)

basically tho, as a human you are always going to be seeking these states out. and i realized that we experience pain out of our inability to effectively do that. we are always getting thwarted. and then to be without these rewards would be even worse, as it violate the premise of what we even are (reward seeking/creating machines)

that brings us back to manga...

i choose manga because its the new and most popular platform currently for reward seeking. so because this is our era and time to make a mark in history, we would be smart to exploit this as our medium. i think that manga has a way to induce the rewards of dopamine, oxytocin, and adrenaline for our generation (and future generations) in a way other mediums are just not as good at. also, i think manga is very specialized at creating dopamine in a way other mediums are just not as efficient at. to that point, i think our culture is extremely dependent on dopamine more than any other reward. therefore i believe the two go hand in hand.

also, the medium is infinitely open ended. it gives us a way to constantly seek out and try to create the next great reward. what it will be is entirely to you and whatever you think can induce those states. try to think of all the different things that could induce those states ex: osama tezuka created characters with large eyes because he felt it could create a more fun look (dopamine) and possibly it lets the reader create a stronger oxytocin bond using a premise that large eyes are cuter than small eyes. kazuo koike emphasizes extreme close ups of facial expressions and bizarre sexual situations etc etc

summary:

manga lets us use our brains to their maximum potential and also allows us to never become stagnant in our brain's ability to constantly seek/create the next big reward. lets make a promise to always think about what the next big reward might be, and then jot them down in manga form as record keeping. lets do this for the rest of our lives.
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

test
  3. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

test
  4. Radium

Radium f k

test
  5. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

Tryin.

I have a hard time initiating and sticking to an idea.

Wouldn't mind working with other writers.
    test
  6. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

What is this manga abo ut?
    test
  7. Radium

Radium f k

mm

yeah im down to co work

my penciling skills are not where i need them to be and is going to be something i work on throug 2012 way more. i am ok but they need to be way more legit

my understanding of manga is that they put emphasis on personality idiosyncrasy vs story line/plot

its more about the reader creating an intense empathetic bond to what are very intense and sometimes bizarre quirks and traits. this is what makes a manga fun and different from other forms of media. the story is basically a skeleton. it just plays a supportive role to that.

i think it has something to do with japanese society and just the way asians are. theyre more collectivistic and just quirky

not saying every manga/anime is like this but if you look at the major manga/anime that has made the most money created the biggest fanbases they were following this model. one piece, naruto, dbz, inuyasha etc the story lines and plots are not that complex but the empathetic bonds you create to the (bizarre and quirky) characters overwhelms that
    test
  8. NOBLE SOLDIER

NOBLE SOLDIER Fireball Kid

radium u got aim? i wanna talk to u
    test
  9. NOBLE SOLDIER

NOBLE SOLDIER Fireball Kid

my lil cousin is an artist.. and a damn good one.. i've been wanting to work on one.. he will do all the art..
    test
  10. WWByeye

WWByeye former White widow

Briefly, any flow when doing graphics creates dopamine. It`s not just manga.
    I tried it few times but wasn`t really feeling it, so I didn`t come very good @ it...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.