every f-cking person on this planet has a bias, like it or not ...

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Nu'maaN, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... fuck off.

it's called an agenda.

everybody with a gender has it.

:numaan:
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

my agenda is to get all of us together naked in a dark dry sauna for shoulder massages.
    test
  3. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

In the end...

All we are is animals with a fancy neocortex rationalizing the dictates of a powerful hindbrain.
    test
  4. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

Some people try to stay sober and put objective thinking into things instead of letting their ego rule. It's called enlightened thinking, hopefully more people will start using it. And if my agenda is justice and fairness then I suppose thats an agenda, but I feel it's just the natural law of the universe.
    test
  5. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

I'm bias as fuck.

I think I'm just the shit.
    test
  6. antilluminati

I don't know everything but if I know something is wrong I'll go head on and adress it, otherwis I'll challenge views that I react to and have a stimulating debate. But some views are based on personal wants and views, even if some people claim it's all different strokes I'll contest it as wrong as I find subjectivity the wrong way to view any discussion.

Then again, some people could claim the objective view of the world is that it is every man for himself and only the law of nature. I'll disagree as I take the human soul into it, with ethics, justice and fairness. That's why I always weigh the common good above selfish needs. Probably why I'm anti pretty much everything.
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

This boils it down to mistrust of people with hidden agendas and to those who aren't aware of their own intentions - aforementioned are, by definition, hidden.

Conversely, if we want to be trusted more, we must work on bringing awareness to the intentions we hide from ourselves.

We're probably not doing as good of a job hiding them from everyone else, as we are from ourselves.
    test
  8. IssphitiKOzS

IssphitiKOzS Avalanche

Disagree. I'm observant and empathetic, I understand others' needs, and so I have no bias, not even to the truth.
    test
  9. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

so you have no agenda, what so ever?

hard to believe, but i'll take your word for it.

test
  10. antilluminati

That was my point tho. I claim objectiveness with fairness as a basis. Other peoples objective truth might be the right of the mighty or dog eat dog. Though I find the whole foodchain mentality primal and no longer admissable as we have the knowledge of good and evil, so we have to put justice, truth and fairness as a basis.
    Which means you have to look at all the evidence without prejudice and emphatize with both parties. Which means looking through the eyes of your enemy for understanding. Most people ain't capable as their ego is all they can relate to, unfortunately.
    test
  11. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

you need to be a judge.

test
  12. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Liberals are the most biased of all because they're so painfully unaware that their beliefs aren't in fact universal laws.
    test
  13. antilluminati

Well..

If I said it is wrong that you use child slave labor to make sneakers I'd say that's wrong on a universal level, even if someone disagrees. They usually disagree cus they're the ones earning money off it or similar unethical business. I call it psychopathy, and a psychopath won't know it is wrong as they lack the functions needed to emphatize. Apparently 1 in 10 are psychopaths. Imo they run the show, the corporation (check the movie "Corporation") itself functions as a psychopath, and as the system is being run by corporate funding and in their interests then the whole culture of capitalism is breeding psychopaths, so is the plutocratic elite who are bred at the pinnacle of it all. That's why whoever manipulated by the salespoints supporting this nature and "winning" by adapting this mentality are eager to conserve it, and the rest who know of it's unfairness and destructive nature wanting to balance out the hierarchy and share resources.

Liberal and conservative are misused on a daily basis though. Call it liberal to conserve human life, resources and environment, human rights and constitutional values, and conservative to monopolize liberties, free reins and economic anarchy. Sounds twisted sometimes.

Myself? I feel restrictions are better suited for the powerhungry and authorotative, and liberties and freedom for the people striving to make a living and better life. Regulations on destruction and free enterprise for the constructive, emphasis on the human race and not the individual.

If I looked through the shallow ego I would want shit that benefited myself first. But channeling through the self and the collective conscious I know there are unwritten laws that we have to follow if we want to make our failed ways work for the better again, and they are universal. Might be hard to explain, but truth is easy to comprehend.

All in all it means I'm pretty anti a lot of shit which the status quo consists of, with good reason. That's pretty objective, if your objective outlook is supposed to have a soul that is.
    test
  14. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

How do you feel about the liberalism/damaged amygdala theory?

I think it has some teeth. Coupled with the fact we've been fed a carb-heavy diet unsuited to our genetics for decades.
    test
  15. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

The question isn't whether you have a bias, it's whether or not you can set your bias aside when it comes to critical thinking.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  16. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Never heard of it tbh. Without reading into it further, it rings alarm bells - especially phrased as 'damaged'.

I was just joking the other day that the amygdala is the current go-to part of the brain used to explain pretty much everything. But the truth is that findings are usually correlational in nature and inconsistent.
    test
  17. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

pretty much.

test
  18. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

No and no.

- Not every human has it yet the majority do.

- It's not always a bias yet the majority is.

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    test