even if iran has nuclear weapons, they will not use it ...

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Nu'maaN, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radium

Radium f k

what would happen if china wanted to have that many cars
    test
  2. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

they already do.

[​IMG]

you can read more information at the website - here.

on that website, it says china is behind germany and japan only in production.

but then again, these are the cars that are produced.

i couldn't find stats about which country is driving the most cars.

:numaan:
    test
  3. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

they do want to dominate the oil market. a big advantage they do have is that they wont be basing their infrastructure on the assumption that oil would be plentiful and cheap like the US did. but isn't the writing pretty much on the wall? i don't know enough about this kind of shit to really get into detail but everybody seems to think they'll eclipse us within the next few decades.
    test
  4. Radium

Radium f k

from your link

Cars produced in the world - Worldometers

the USA is part of the g7 but this link doesnt show its cars per person data. here, i found this pretty quick from google:

your link is from 2005 so the data is kind of different

List of countries by vehicles per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this data has the USA at 808/1000 and china at 37/1000 or 80% vs 4%

so china would have to add about 76% more cars for every 1000 person to match the amount of cars in the USA

the USA consumes 19m barrels of oil per day for a population size of about 300m

so a population size that is 4x larger than the USA (like china) would have to consume 76m barrels per day to sustain it at the same rate (19m x 4 = 76m)

using that rate a country like china would go from using about 8m barrels per day to 76m barrels per day

the world consumes 85m barrels per day so it would go from consuming about 10% of it per day to consuming about 89% of it per day

that displaces the 25% rate that the USA currently consumes and it would have to find a way to eliminate about 14% of its oil consumption down to just 11% to adjust -- assuming that china and the USA are the only two countries in the world that even exist

if many more countries began to consume barrels of oil at higher rates it would start displacing what the USA consumes the same kind of way. thus for the USA to maintain its current rate other countries must generally maintain their current rates too

thus, this creates a kind of world that can never really change or shift. it must generally stay, the way it is currently, indefinitely. imagine the world looking this way for the next 1000 years...

my next question is what do you think happens if a country doesnt need oil anymore
    test
  5. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

going with your figures, there's roughly 253,010,656 cars in america.

in comparison to china's 49,851,950.

either china foresaw this to be a problem, are marginally poorer, or usa loves cars.

there could be a shift, if saudia imposed sanctions on the oil it provides?

what would happen to oil consumption in the united states, if that happens?

my answer is that will never happen.

i don't think it ever will.

test
  6. reggie jax

^i remember seeing a statistic in school that there are more cars registered in los angeles county than in all of russia
    test
  7. reggie jax

then again i went to a shitty school
    test
  8. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i wouldn't doubt that for a second.

not after what i read from the stats radium posted (russia is at 263/1000).

test
  9. Radium

Radium f k

ok

then does anybody want to try to answer that question
    test
  10. reggie jax

test
  11. reggie jax

^my bad

to be honest tho radium i dont get what you're asking... like what would happen to that country in terms of geo politics?
    test
  12. patrown

patrown student for life

... the topic's subject I cannot agree with.

I don't think Iran would mind, not that guy that's in charge right now.
    Everyone wants him dead anyways... what's he got to lose. once he's out of office someone will probably kill him.

but the final question, about what will we do if.. well, there's out reserves that we haven't tapped in to yet to give us enough time to go murder/rape/pillage. we will have it unless china or russia moves in first. when we run out of oil, the world+it's economy will go apeshit.
    test
  13. Radium

Radium f k

u might be right

oil is used for transportation so to understand why oil is important you have to understand why transportation is important too. you have to understand what it really represents

a person has to have a way to transport himself to and from work in a society and a way to transport himself to different kinds of stores to buy different kinds of goods and a way for the goods to be transported to the store

so a society that is more developed has a higher amount of people working and consuming goods in it at any time and therefore has to have a very high amount of transportation occurring in it at any time too.

the more developed a society gets the more developed its transportation infrastructure must concurrently get too. this is sort of a maxim

when the USA emerged as the leading power post ww2 there had to be a way to 1 secure the energy necessary to power vast amounts of transportation and 2 suppress a similar entity from doing the same thing as a similar entity would have to have the same vast amounts too

so really we can see that a huge chunk of what grand area planning is becomes completely unhinged from the rest of its body by any country finding a way to transport w/o the use of oil as energy. that really changes the whole game. for example there is a planned city currently being built in the UAE called mazdar city that bans the use of cars.

a quick overview

Masdar City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

supposing that a transportation infrastructure like that turns out as being an effective alternative it then has very large implications to other currently developing parts of the world too eg latin america, africa, china

i think this kind of thing is an interesting thing to try to watch and have some understanding of over the next 50 years

ultimately, i think whats interesting about grand area planning is that its sort of permanently locked in the post ww2 era both ideologically and technologically. that is, it was an arguably legitimate strategy from that era, but only so by supposing that things in the world would never actually change. that the USA would stay on top of everything forever and that the rest of the world would just be in its background. i think increasingly this kind of strategy is showing itself to be harder and harder to hold on to as the world starts to change even more. the question is how far is it going to go to try to hold on to that gradually disappearing glory

even if oil based transport can become obsolete, resources to produce different kinds of goods are still finite and thus there is still always the question of how they should distributed: except now possibly on a world stage w way more entrants
    test
  14. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

go away, lyrical.

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.