even as a skeptic/atheist/heathen

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by reggie_jax, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i always catch myself talking to god in my head. not intentionally or spiritually, but more intuitively. more like the inner workings of my psyche looking for a connection with some outside source of intelligence or design behind one's inherent fate.. the man behind the curtain so to speak.

and when i think about it, it seems like something i've just always done from as far back as i can remember, since i learned how to think. i don't know if i was trained to do so by being told of 'god' from an early age, and have just been unable to shake the habit.. or if it really is just something intuitively inherent in man to seek out this higher force.

i don't think we cope too well with being the smartest beings around.. we see how clueless and fragile we are and think there must be something greater.. we look down on animals as savage beasts and then we turn around and wonder what the being that is higher than us must think of us.

i read a book about human evolution once that theorized that a possible source of the 'god' concept was that ape societies often had a supreme leader that presided over the pack.. this hierarchy was roughly replicated in human societies and some leaders have been idolized to the extent of 'god' status (roman emperors, etc)... which could be a dormant trait leftover from our primal ancestors

but then sometimes i do think that when i talk to this being it answers back.. never in word form or idea form but always in minor external events that speak to me in some undetectable manner, like watching fate match up with reality. of course its always vague and undefinable so the skeptic in me lives on, though not so sure of myself as i once was.

anyway i feel like i'm rambling so i'll wrap it up.

atheists/skeptics: do you ever catch yourself talking to god? do you ever perceive that god talks to you?

believers: obviously you talk to god, but the second question still applies. does god ever talk back, not in the form of scripture since this is what you base your faith on but rather in the form of real life events or even just intuitive revelation?
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

everyone does it

and if youd never heard of a god, youd talk to your conscience.

some people say the inner voice is god. I think we are all god. All of us put together. So talking to your inner voice or to someone in your head isnt wrong. Its good. We are our brains. Thats it. We arent our bodies. Our bodies are seperate vehicles for our brains...
    test
  3. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

interesting. this reminds me of my favorite passage from john steinbeck's grapes of wrath, when the preacher john casey is explaining to tom joad how he lost his faith. he'd run into some moral dilemmas as a preacher who had a habit of seducing the young women of the church with the help of the holy spirit and this lead him to basically the same conclusion you've just expressed:

tl;dr : bolded section at the end is mostly what i was referring to
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Yes. Many times hell bring up a sctripture reference in my head ive never really read or studied an it will be about the exact situation. Or ill flip to a channel about it. Once for about 2weeks straight hes been audiable. An it was wild.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

audible huh? what did he sound like
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

It was a lot of info at one time. Overwhelming to say the least. I FILLED UP 3 notebooks of writing notes and drawing picture references lol. But he was basicly telling me I was a liar, i was trying to argue a little too like how am i a liar an he was like you dont really believe the truth and that makes you a liar. That was the point to me. But a lot of fragmented verses and revelations and concepts and warnings and explinations. Hard to explain. It was like downloading a bunch of info at one time.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

Ill tell ya what tho. It vaporized my non-belief.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

do you still have the notebooks?
    test
  9. TheBigPayback

Of course. Prolly have about 6 by now.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i just vaporized a half gram and im still going to heaven
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

That wont keep u out of heaven
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

^^phew!!

happyness is a choice for everyone. Everyone should enjoy this day :)
    test
  13. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

sounds like you're already on your way
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

see your practicing biblical teaching without even knowing it. Cus the principles are pretty universally understood.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  15. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

On the TV show Babylon 5 one of the philosophical viewpoints that I always liked was that everything in the Universe including the people is made up of the same things. In fact we are just the leftover materials of what made up our Sun. We are made to think, in an attempt by the Universe to better understand itself. The Universes own creation of Super Computers to find out the ultimate Why? question. When we sleep or die we take the knowledge we learned back to the source.
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

Interesting^
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  17. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

earlier before i read this thread, i was reading the "blasphemous" gosple of mary and thomas. it is a gnostic view point.. and it's message is the exact same as what busta is talking about and furthure more. the one verse that stood out to me whilst reading was this:

-st thomas.

and it sorta relates to some things said here.. maybe god is telling me something. i felt like it's saying that the kingdom is inside of us. and we are all connected to the kingdom of god. through our DNA. we all come from one, and one comes from many.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.