Evan Longoria is the best player in baseball......

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Newportz, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Konerko is beasting so far.
    test
  2. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

smh
    test
  3. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

Good call.
    test
  4. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

I didn't want to drop Konerko in fantasy but I think in the long run Lance Berkman is going to pan out better.
    test
  5. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

I'm not the nerd who brought up BABIP and WAR stats so don't even try and make me seem like the stat geek. It's not embarrassing....YOU'RE embarrassing.
    test
  6. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

Yo Newport, riddle me this

Braun is terrible defensively cuz the brewers moved him to left field, explain all the position changes Pujols has made throughout his career?
    test
  7. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Mauer and Morneau over Prince
    test
  8. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

Braun is terrible defensively because he's terrible defensively....

Pujols only moved thru positions in early in his career because he struggled at 1st....

Obviously thats not the case anymore....
    test
  9. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

Every post you make is an embarassment....
    test
  10. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

and TaC i really shouldn't have to explain all this to you...Type "Braun" and "defense" into Google and you'll get your answers...

Crawford is the best defensive left fielder in the majors....Braun is the worst...by a pretty decent margin.
    test
  11. Tacky Jones

Cant really see how you're judging Brauns 3rd base considering he only played two years there in his life. he came up as a shortstop. and as far as him being the worst defensive left fielder

test
  12. Tacky Jones

also, this really isnt an excuse, but a factor, brauns second year in left field he also had rickie weeks and prince fielder on that in field, and both of them ranked last in fielding percentage at their positions
    test
  13. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

How often do left fielders make errors?

Easy stat to look up....this year out of 21 LFs, 11 of 21 made an error....only 1 of which hade multiple errors...Braun was one of the 21 who had commited an error in LF....

Now out of the bottom 11 he did have two assists which does lead you to believe he has a decent arm...or that runners test his arm, I don't have the opportunity to watch him every game....but of the Top 10 errorless LF'ers 4 of them had multiple assists....Crawford leading the pack....Crawford honestly lacks a cannon but he can get to a ball quicker then damned near anyone in the league...

At the same time if you go to fangraphs and check out UZR you'll see that he's currently third from the bottom this year and was the worst in the bigs last year...

UZR is a sabermetric way of explaining "the number of runs above or below average a fielder is in both range runs, outfield arm runs, double play runs and error runs combined."

Regardless....Evan Longoria is one of the best defensive players in the bigs....and absolute dynamic player at third....

When I say "Best player," i'm not talking only about the best offensive talent....Evan is still entering his prime offensively and while I think he'll be Top 5/10 hitter in the years to come what make him one of the best players in baseball is his shutdown defense...The ammount of runs he eliminates from the board only add to the number of runs he adds to the board. Braun ultimately plays a position that lacks premium defense.
    test
  14. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Most teams stick their worst defensive player in left field. Boston did it for years when they had Manny.
    test
  15. PR STATUS GFU

PR STATUS GFU Under The Influence

lol
    test
  16. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

Pat Burrell is the ultimate example....the guy moves in slow motion...

Same with the move of Ellsbury from center to left....while he has speed, he has a noodlearm....His angles aren't the strongest either...

Thus Boston entertained the move to LF....
    test
  17. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

I was all over that drop...my team lacks power and to add him to my IF depth was crucial....Now my team is still fail in power, just feels good to be a little bit closer to grabbing that point.
    test
  18. *Deuce Wilde*

*Deuce Wilde* aka stfu dave

I would take Hanley over Longoria.

And I wouldn't trade Heyward for Longoria. Evan's obviously the superior player now, but in 2 years? They'll both be among baseball's elite
    test
  19. PR STATUS GFU

PR STATUS GFU Under The Influence

i would take longoria over hanley anyday
    test
  20. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Sounds exactly like the story of Johnny Damon's career.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.