Evan Longoria is the best player in baseball......

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Newportz, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

......not named Albert Pujols.

If you can honestly look at your team(Besides the Cards) and name a player you wouldn't trade for Evan you're in your own world....
    test
  2. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

chase utley
    adrian gonzalez
    prince fielder
    ryan braun
    hanley ramirez

off the top of my head

are we including pitchers?
    test
  3. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

Adrian Gonzalez? Ryan braun? Prince Fielder....

man gtfo out of here...Braun. The player who couldn't cut it at third and was forced into LF to make up for his horrid defense.. Close up mlb.com/stats and take a seat...

You have Evan who led all third baseman last year(2nd Overall in MLB)with a UZR of 18.1, again Braun a left fielder with a -13.2 is absolutely terrible in the field....WAR of 7.2 for Evan at 23 against Brauns 4.9....

The only person on your list that I'd even consider would be Utley....That is, until you consider Chase is 8 years older then Evan and you have one of the best young players in baseball just entering his prime....

Hanley? In fantasy baseball maybe..where there's a substantial drop off at SS after he's off the board...Offensively he's a machine...30/30 candidate that hits in the 300's....but defensively he's average....Still don't feel he's the complete package like Longo.

I'd died a little bit when you wanted to mention a pitcher....a guy that sees the field every 5 games for an everyday player......only you.
    test
  4. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

Again, if your idea of "best" comes from the mlb.com/stats page then you don't know baseball...

The reason Pujols is goldy isn't just because he hits for power and average....it's because he's arguably one of the best defensive firstbaseman in the game and he's a solid baserunner...

Even when Jason Bartlett was hitting .340+ last year and was actually depositing balls in the seats we were talking about his replacement....the reason....because he lacks range at short....he is a weak link in the field...

and it's the reason we're platooning short/second/and RF now with utility players that can all play SS....The Rays are training the next short because Bartlett is expendable...
    test
  5. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

I'd have a tough time putting him top 10.
    test
  6. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Danny is quickly losing his spot as the top homer on this board.
    test
  7. Tacky Jones

lmao @ me using mlb.com. i said this was off the top of my head.

and i would take Timmy over Evan in a heart beat
    test
  8. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

He pretty much is.

If you can't put him in the top 10, you don't know baseball. Simple as that.

3B is an absolute premium position. There is no comparable player at third.

Sabermetricians will not argue this. Simpletons will.
    test
  9. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Totally unrelated to this subject but can we revisit your "Saltalamacchia > McCain" argument we discussed a few years back? You willing to admit you were dead wrong and I was spot on?
    test
  10. Tacky Jones

How the fuck did I forget mauer on my original list.
    test
  11. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Mauer is who I originally thought of but I guess he doesn't exist anymore since he's been injured. Plus I already know the angle folks will play with a Mauer v. Longoria debate.
    test
  12. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

There'd be no debate....Mauer put up an unsustainable BAPIP last year...If Mauer was to prove that last year wasn't a "fluke." He'd absolutely have more worth then Longoria...Catcher IS the premier position....

edit: I fucking hate laptops
    test
  13. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

Then you're an idiot.
    test
  14. PR STATUS GFU

PR STATUS GFU Under The Influence

that's a good list right there.

H. Ramirez is heating up too...
    test
  15. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

Always funny to hear from a kid that flips between his "favorite" teams depending on whoever has the best chance of winning...
    test
  16. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

That's absolutely it...Your average fan doesn't know how to quantify anything other then offensive statistics...

The fact that there's not a third baseman in baseball that's even in his league is irrelevant to them..

Braun > Longoria offensively thus Braun must be better then Longoria...
    test
  17. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

:funny: @ BABIP.

Why does Mauer have to prove last year wasn't a fluke but your blowing your load over Longoria's first 25 games this season? And you can't even say your not basing it on the first 25 games this season because if you include last year Mauer EASILY beats your boy as well as Hanley Ramirez, Mark Teixeira, Ryan Howard, Prince Fielder, Adrian Gonzalez, Kevin Youkilis, Alex Rodriguez, Ryan Braun, Derrek Lee.

In fact Robinson Cano is having an equal to if not better year than Longoria. Basically you're a homer bigging up your boy....we get it son. Deflect all you want.
    test
  18. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

He would make a top 30 list.
    test
  19. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

Who cares about this season so far?? Longoria was unstoppable last April as well..You think Konerko is going to lead the league in HRs this year?

He is one of the best players in baseball, with or without this season...and he is second in WAR already this season behind only Utley..Wins above replacement...quantifies batting, fielding, average replacement, and positional values...

He was 6th in WAR as a sophmore last season....

:funny::funny::funny::funny:

You're honestly a troll aren't you McCizoy? You have to be trolling.
    test
  20. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

Like I said.....Ignorant kids like McCizoy know nothing of baseball other then whats displayed on the offensive stat sheet...it's embarassing..

Have you ever watched a full season of one of your 4 favorite major league teams and figured someone was a liability in the field McCizoy? you think those liabilities give up runs based on range? You think those studs in the field save runs because of their range? accuracy of their throws, ability to turn double plays...

Means nothing though because sportscenter doesn't allow you to follow all your teams in depth.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.