Essence Music Festival

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by moniqueapop, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moniqueapop

moniqueapop New Member

Hi! I tried reaching out to the admin previously, so I hope it's okay that I'm posting this. I’m working with the Essence Music Festival, and as a forum that caters to music fans, I wanted to make sure you guys knew all about it!

If you haven’t heard about EMF yet, it’s a weekend-long celebration put on by ESSENCE featuring Janet Jackson, Alicia Keys, and Mary J. Blige as headliners amongst other prominent African-American artists. The 2010 EMF will be held at the Superdome in New Orleans, LA on July 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

Is anyone going? Did anybody go last year?
    test
  2. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

I went two years ago when Chris Brown, Rihanna, and Kanye West were there.for the most part it was good, too many fights broke out on Bourbon Street though.
    test
  3. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

Went last year and I'm ready for this year...home sweet home!!!!!!!!
    test
  4. moniqueapop

moniqueapop New Member

That line-up sounds awesome! Do you have any faves performing this year?

That's too bad about the fights :( ..."can't we all just get along?!!" *sigh
    test
  5. moniqueapop

moniqueapop New Member

NICE! :) Which headliner are you most excited to see? :)
    test
  6. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Nop, haven't heard of it untill now, but ty for the info.
    test
  7. moniqueapop

moniqueapop New Member

EMF is an annual concert that is put on during the 4th of July weekend! So no excuses for missing out on the fun! :)
    test
  8. moniqueapop

moniqueapop New Member

Hi! The Essence Music Festival is just one week away! I wanted to post an update made by ESSENCE earlier this week. Grammy-nominated songstress Ledisi and rap legend Doug E. Fresh have just been added to the EMF line-up! Both artists are scheduled to perform on Sunday, July 4th. Be sure to catch Ledisi in the July issue of ESSENCE discussing what she loves about herself.

Also, I wanted to let you guys in on a less mentioned, but unquestionably honorable side of EMF – “Impact New Orleans”. In the days leading up to the festival, ESSENCE is asking people to volunteer a day of service to support continued efforts in rebuilding New Orleans. The ESSENCE Healthy Living Fair is hosted in conjunction with the U.S. Army to provide a range of public services to the residents of New Orleans.

What do you guys think of this initiative? And how excited are you about Ledisi and Doug E. Fresh being added to the line-up?!! :)
    test
  9. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

If you missed it, I'm not an American. :funny:
    test
  10. moniqueapop

moniqueapop New Member

Ohh! LOL I guess I did miss it :p
    test
  11. moniqueapop

moniqueapop New Member

Hi! Can you believe the Essence Music Festival is just ONE day away?! Be sure to follow @ESSENCEMUSIC on Twitter to receive the latest updates about the biggest festival in NOLA!