Eric Bischoff speaks on TNA

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Nam Dekan, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Eric said on the World Wrestling Insanity radio show that he gets many questions on his website about TNA. Many fans want to know if they're the next WCW or if he'll ever go to work for them. Here is what he had to say:

"They have not done anything yet and I don’t even know any of those people except maybe Jeff Jarrett and a handful of talent working there. I don't know anyone behind the (scenes). I don't know Dixie Carter. If she showed up in my driveway, I wouldn't recognize her. I don't know anyone over there. I don't know who's doing what. I really don't care. So it's nothing personal here. I'd like to see them succeed…But the truth is, from what I've seen of their product, no one there really gets it. They're a small independent company that's been getting a 1.0 rating for the last five years. ..They keep trying to pull rabbits out of their hat with talent. 'Oh we're gonna bring in Sting and that's gonna turn the business around! ' Well, they brought in Sting, who's obviously a great talent, and guess what? Nothing happened. And then 'We're gonna bring in Christian Cage. It's a big surprise. He's hot in WWE and we got him and it's gonna turn things around.' Guess what? Nothing happened. Then 'We're gonna bring in Kurt Angle and he's the real deal. Things are gonna turn around!' Guess what? Nothing happened. Nothing's ever gonna happen until they get it."

Bischoff speaks the truth about TNA...."they don't get it"
    test
  2. money makes a wrestling company.. and tna doesnt have nearly enough to surpass wwe.. i mean dont get me wrong there rich but not mcmahon rich.. thats a bad way to look at it.. but you dont get anywhere these days without money.. now if vince didnt have no inheritance money and was just handed that company he wouldnt of been able to run it... i might be wrong because i heard the old wwe didnt make any money and the wrestlers worked for 20 dollars a night.... so vince might not of had much help from his dad financialy...
    test
  3. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I'm gonna cover my eyes when the TNA fans start the absurdities about Eric Bischoff's working relationship with WWE. Yeah right, Eric competed and nearly defeated Vince McMahon. The guy isn't going to lie. He has nothing to lose by doing so. Fans of TNA can enjoy TNA all they want, but when real people start talking reality, they really should stop talking bullshit and understand there's a problem that can't be solved by trying to entice people.
    test
  4. tna's first show... ROFLMAO hahhahah remember that? i liked that wwa promotion better than tna... and it was pretty much the same wrestlers
    test
  5. Nam Dekan

money doesn't always mean success though. You can have all the money you want but if your booking and writing is shit then it won't matter how much money you throw around. WCW is a good example, Turner had more money then Vince and WCW was killed by bad booking..I think that's what Bischoff may have been getting at when he said they don't get it..
    test
  6. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

hes obviously right,..big names dont mean SHIT if the booking SUcks and the storylines are ridiculous and/or boring. its like signing a big name musician to a label but as big as he or she is, if the songs suck ass they re not gonna sell. point blank,

TNA hasnt improved in the last 3 years...they re not doing good..only a matter of time until they fold because they have too many expenses
    test
  7. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

WCW is a perfect example too, because for years they only stayed in business because they had the financial backing. Once they were cut off they went out of business because, outside of maybe like '96-'98, they were never profitable. TNA is in the same position. They can't make money on their own, so if they ever lose the backing from Panda, they're fucked.
    test
  8. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

i give tna 3 more years b4 its ova or its bought out
    test
  9. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

TNA makes themselves bigger than they are..they hire all these stars but it gets them nowhere as long as their product sucks balls. as of now they are just another indy production with a TV deal.
    test
  10. Nam Dekan

also every big name is brought in the same way...a feud with jarrett or involved with jarrett

rhino, team 3d, angle, christian, sting, jeff hardy, nash, hogan (that one time), Dlo.

TNA really dropped the ball with Jeff Hardy also

i predict if they sign RVD..he will either come in and feud with jarrett or align with him
    test
  11. abztrakt

It's hilarious that TNA just keeps showing and showing that one Hogan clip like Hogan was ever actually part of TNA. He didn't even show up anywhere for TNA, he just let Jarrett attack him after a press conference in Japan, then had a "knee injury" and signed with WWE a few months later.

I bet they'll do both with RVD, first having him team up with Jarrett at a PPV, then turning on him a month or two later. Before it would've been Jarrett turning, but I think he's set on being supergoodguy Jarrett now.
    test
  12. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Because babyface Jarrett ALWAYS draws well in the Impact Zone!
    test
  13. jerrets promo on impact was emotional... im suprised there advertising that jerret and his dad founded the company i bet rvd is the guy borash was taking about.. i dont need to text tna to find that out hahaha lol at lethals short lived reign.. i didnt even finish the match but i no somoa joe won.. i didnt watch slammiversery and seen stings stage dive and i thought that wasnt allowed to be done anymore or know one had the balls sense owen heart died from it
    test
  14. Nam Dekan

naw the guy he was talking about was prolly somebody like Rob Conway or Scotty Too Hotty
    test
  15. Waze

Waze Tha Prophet

LMFAO!

scotty too hotty?

he was dope in the 90's..

but rob conway??
    who the fuck is that..
    wasnt he on like two episodes of Raw?

rofl...

in 10 years..

TNA will be the promotion..
    trust me..

they just need to expand, which they have not...

WWE has 3 shows.. about 70 wrestlers...
    TNA has 1 show... 30 wrestlers..

WWE has 5 hours to promote thier shit..
    TNA has 1 hour..
    WWE is on 4 different networks..
    TNA is on 1.

for TNA to expand.
    Jeff Jarrett and Dixie Carter oughtta get thier asses talkin to Ted Turner..

yes Ted Turner..(owned wcw for those who dont know)
    work out deals to get TNA on Ted's Tv chanels..

TBS, TNT, wcw was on TNT..

Ted Turner is a big Celeb..

more money then Mcmahon..
    he also knows more celebs..
    get more Celeb's to promote it..

or

get TNA stars on popular sitcoms....

the more they promote thier shit the more they grow as a promotion.
    the more fans they get.. the more viewers...
    and they dont need to promote thier shit during thier one and only hour to put out wrestling...

the thing is...

alot of fans of the big names TNA now has.. has no clue thier even fighting now..
    lol

if they would promote more.. more people would find out.. more people would watch...
    the more they Expand..
    then they make iMPACT 2 hours or maybe even 3..
    they also put out more of thier wrestlers so none get angered..
    with that said.. they will be able to create..

TNA SHoCK, or JoLt.. or some gay ass name ..

then they will have more fans..
    and they will be able to 3 up WWE..

with that said..

i dont give a fuck if u dont agree.. cuz im right and you know it,,
    test
  16. I Dont Think Its Rob.. Hes Doing Autograph Signing During OVW's Intermissions... That Guy Lives In My Town And Graduated From The Same School As Me Lol.. I Also Lived By His Best Friend Eugene.. I Think Its RVD Cuz Borash Said Main Eventer And If They Think Rob Conway And Scotty 2 Hotty Is A Main Eventer Then There More Delusional Than I Thought... They However Could Use Scotty If They Bring Brain Christopher Back...
    test
  17. abztrakt

I was disappointed when they started cheering him when he came back. They must've forgotten the last time he was champ already.
    test
  18. Nam Dekan

money won't mean shit if they don't make good programming...Bischoff hit it right on the head when he said, "They don't get it"

TNA needs better bookers, and writers. They need to utilize talent better.

WCW for example with billionaire Ted. When it came down to it, the money didn't matter. Sure you can throw wads of cash at big stars but if you don't know how to use them, then so what. They need to stop trying to be like WCW/WWE and do their own thing to set them apart and make them unique..
    test
  19. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Eric is really an underrated wrestling God. He just inherited WCW's problems.

Heyman and ECW are given a lot of the credits that Bischoff deserves. Attitude came about because of the innovative WCW stuff, not the lower rated ECW on TNN.

The thing that bothers me a lot about TNA is the pyro. Half-assed pyro really makes a show look low budget. Did you see Edges' pyro on Smackdown? Why in the fuck would they want to compete in an area that they stand no chance? Give the money you spend on pyro to Scott Hall's beer budget. His return could coax Nash into giving a shit- producing more $.
    test
  20. Nam Dekan

TNA gets their pyro's from those roadside firework stands..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.