EQ TIPS (Sole, Urb, Sho) Step in...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by MgTheFuture, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~G.I~

~G.I~ Guest

lows and highs of the instrument
    test
  2. L-MoeDaGangster

L-MoeDaGangster dont trip

i do that too... mix the instrument on solo, help bring out the natural beauty of the sound, cut unwanted frequencies, then put it back in the mix and make adjustments so it can make sense in the song and sit right
    test
  3. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Ive been looking for a chart like this for a minute thank you
    test
  4. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

Aye what's good with EQ'n rappers doubles or Rapper "radio" FX sounding for backgrounds....

I need to know the right FREQs to cut so these adlibs stop interfering
    test
  5. Definit

Definit Based.

bingo.
    test
  6. slvicick

slvicick New Member

test
  7. Definit

Definit Based.

you mean like the Chant vocals n shit like that, uhh, im guessing to distinguish it more id cut a little bit more low end....and add a touch of Chorus to thicken it up and some reverb trailing off it maybe? depends on what im dealing with and how powerful they project their vocals in the recording tbh...

if your talking straight up doubles...i'd just give it some reverb and cut some low end slightly to seperate it from the main vocals and make em sound Brighter...depends on the vocals in the end though, and trust your ears...you'll know when its not enough or Too Much...especially if you solo the instruments or Vocals in your case.......

again, welcome...if anyone has anymore questions or needs help, im around just post up a thread and i'll try my best to help out...
    test
  8. Definit

Definit Based.

another friendly tip to add here also...

is Cross Referencing....

what i usually do is pick out a great Up To Date song thats topping the charts or favorably mixed really good...or even a popular song that sounds similar to what you are working on....take it, listen to it once or twice str8...go back to your Mix....eq, and adjust levels accordingly to achieve the same level of mixing...what i like to think is it helps as a guide to the ears as to what instruments sound better louder as opposed to quieter, or vice versa....tbh, you can do all the right (EQ'ing), but if your instruments arent at the proper levels it could create a tragedy to the song's mix....continue to go back n fourth a few times to get it right where you want it to be...the more you learn how to do this the less you'll need to go back to the reference song...the more you learn instruments and where they need to be the faster you'll get with mixing and the EQ'in parts of a mix...

my order of needs to any mix is:
    1. Compression....
    2. EQ....
    3. Cross Referencing Material (always staying up to date with new music with solid mixing)
    4. trust in the ears
    5. never mix in a Loud atmosphere (loud = ear fatigue, usually resulting in poor mixes)
    6. resting the ears (i always try to limit my mixing down to 1-2 hrs...take a good 1-3 hr break till i go to the next song if i mix, or if i produce another beat, keep the sound on a mellow level) i usually spend this time tweaking sounds on the boards, or gathering samples...or even writing lyrics, since i rap aswell))
    7. Come back to the mix 1-3 days later, make minor adjustments accordingly, along with cross referencing again...

those are my basic To Live By's with mixing...im sure most if not all might do this, but its for the beginners if they come across all this with wide eyes and joggled minds....it is what it is though and i stand by it....
    test
  9. slvicick

slvicick New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.