English Premier League/Champions League/La Liga

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by AntOne1, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Balotelli needs coach who understands him,he reminds me of Ibrahimović in his young days.
    Mancini has no authority nor he knows how to set himself toward players.
    Would like to see Capello and Balotelli.
    Balotelli will either end up like Ibra or like Adriano.
    :funny:
    Just looked up Adriano and guess who was the coach of Inter when he was there?
    Mancini.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  2. Geedorah

Geedorah King

FIFPro World XI (4-3-3): Casillas; Dani Alves, Pique, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo; Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta; Messi, Falcao, Cristiano Ronaldo

Notable snubs included Juventus' Andrea Pirlo and Manchester United's Robin van Persie.

Spain boss Vicente del Bosque has won the 2012 FIFA Coach of the Year award after leading his country to its third consecutive major trophy at Euro 2012, finishing ahead of Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho and former Barcelona man Pep Guardiola.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  3. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

lol every single player in the FIFPro team plays in spain, says something about their league. they are crazy for leaving out van persie though, he's been scoring consistently for well over a year now, only rivalled by messi and ronaldo
    test
  4. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Instead of who would you put RVP?
    Messi,Falcao,C.Ronaldo?
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  5. ukallday

ukallday Active Member

I personally dont agree with Messi winning the Ballon'dor.

Ok he broke the goal scoring record but them goals counted for nothing cause Barca didnt win anything last season, Ronaldo was massive influence in Real winning La Liga and his goal scoring record was also amazing, for me he should have won it.

Spain has always been a typically more attack based league, Italy defence and the PL the balance between the two so in theory Messi & Ronaldo wouldnt score as many goals over in England, theres a joke thats always made over here, cause Rooney has never scored against Stoke at the Britannia, they always say Messi is good but could he do against Stoke on a rainy January evening.

To me I dont see how they can pick Falcoa over RVP based upon how they picked Messi over Ronaldo, RVP scored more goals in less apps, in a league that it is typically more difficult to score with, with a not great team in Arsenal. Falcoa scored some of his goals in the UEFA cup, not the Champions League aswell.

Ok he didnt win anything, when Athletico won the UEFA cup and Super Cup, but RVP>>>>>>Falcoa last season.
    If they pick Messi over Ronaldo they have to pick RVP over Falcoa, to me it just appears it was biased towards Spainish teams, also Pique is a Man U reject.
    test
  6. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Messi was reject in Argentina :funny:
    Probably Falcao will go to Real or Barca now.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  7. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

@Geedorah this is basically why i would choose rvp over falcao, otherwise the team they chose i think is fairly accurate except for dani alves, i can think of 5 or so players in his position who are better than him
    test
  8. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Name some.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  9. ukallday

ukallday Active Member

Its hard for me to say cause I dont watch enough Spanish football but Rooney scored 34 goals in 44apps (some of which in the Champions League) which compares favorably with Falcao's scoring record last season.

I defiantly think there is a massive bias towards the Spanish league this year which I suppose is easy to do considering they have dominated world football for a while and the way Spanish teams play football is most attractive.
    test
  10. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

thiago silva
    david luiz
    fabio coentrao
    bacary sagna (one of my personal favourites, even though most would disagree)
    phillip lahm
    test
  11. Geedorah

Geedorah King

David Luiz and Thiago Silva are central defenders,Coentrao is left back and he has been awful this season,Sagna and Lahm could pass.

[​IMG]
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  12. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

^ that looks like a much better team
    test
  13. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Fb page footy facts,people voting in comments.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  14. Geedorah

Geedorah King

• -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  15. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

so even though i wanted arsenal to beat city, i'm glad they didn't because it would have meant united going 10 points clear at the top

van persie, best player in the league atm
    test
  16. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Barca 18 points.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  17. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

messi scored in an 11th consecutive game and has 91 goals this year, gotta give him credit for that
    test
  18. Geedorah

Geedorah King

This year? :neggerplz:
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  19. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

in a year, you know what i meant lol
    test
  20. Geedorah

Geedorah King