English Premier League/Champions League/La Liga

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by AntOne1, Nov 19, 2012.

1. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

test
  2. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

kolo toure has agreed to join liverpool next season
    test
  3. Geedorah

Geedorah King

[​IMG]
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  4. ukallday

ukallday Active Member

The special one is returning, not like anybody didnt know it was happening. Im excited to see what he can do for Chelsea this time around.

Do you guys feel his time at Real Madrid was a success or failure?
    test
  5. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Success if comparing him with other coaches in Real in the past 10 years.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  6. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

he's set such high standards for himself that everyone sort of expects him to win everything he possibly can

i think he did well, he had real playing some great football. he won all the domestic trophies.

i'm just as excited for him to be back at chelsea, but i don't think this current chelsea squad are anywhere near as good as they were when mourinho was in charge the first time. i don't think he's just going to take over and have instant success like everyone is making it out to be
    test
  7. ukallday

ukallday Active Member

I think he was a success at Real when you consider they were in the same League as possibly the best club side ever and also the best player ever.

He didnt deliver the CL but 3 trophies in 3 years is pretty good and had he come at any other time I think they would have been alot more successful. Real under perform, I think there are too many superstars in their team. When you look at their squad they should not be relying on Ronaldo so heavily.

I think he will win at least one trophy with Chelsea in his first season, Man U wont be as strong without Fergie imo, Man City will be learning a new style. So this gives Chelsea the chance to again establish themselves.

The Chelsea squad is pretty good imo, they have alot of players who will come good in the next few seasons such as Hazard, Oscar, Lukaku etc mixed in with the experience. I think with the addition of one or two top players they could be going places.
    test
  8. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Best player ever, no.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  9. ukallday

ukallday Active Member

Anybody watching the U21 Championships?
    test
  10. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

^ i keep up when i can, what's the latest with the U21?

martinez has been named as the new everton manager, really not sure if that was such a good move
    test
  11. ukallday

ukallday Active Member

Italy U21s beat England U21s 1-0, bit annoyed with the result considering we had a goal ruled off for basically nothing. Italy were the better team by a large margin but they hadnt scored and I think it would have been a different result if that goal had stood.

Yeh I think Martinez is overrated, he didnt ever really improve Wigan and whilst it is of course an achievement how long they stayed in the PL I dont see him continuing the success Everton have had.
    test
  12. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

he's come out and said that making the champions league is his goal, i just can't see it happening

correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think everton spent too much more than wigan did, and martinez struggled EVERY season with wigan
    test
  13. ukallday

ukallday Active Member

Well, Everton do have a smallish budget but due to them finishing in the top 6 every year they can attract higher level players. Wigan occasionally splash out on an expensive player (N'Zogbia being their highest spending at £7mn compared with Fellani at Everton for £15mn)

Wigan will spend like £10mn on several players whereas Everton will spend £10mn on 1 player so there is a difference in class.

Still I dont think Martinez will get anywhere near the CL and if they lose a few of their key players (Baines, Fellani, Jagelica etc) they will very quickly become a mid table team.
    test
  14. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

yeah, it's a shame because i admire how well everton have done without spending money on any player they want, they play some exciting football too
    test
  15. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

[youtube]wYkIhYtN7yA[/youtube]

looool
    test
  16. Geedorah

Geedorah King

:chefoooh:
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  17. ukallday

ukallday Active Member

Not feeling this new forum at all but oh well.

Pelligrini finally signs for Man City who have brought Jesus Navas & Fernandinho. I dont really have much knowledge of these two players, have any of you seen them play, what are your opinions on these two - good signings?

Have any of you guys played fantasy football online? Was thinking we could do a PL one for next season, but I get that you guys may not watch enough of the PL to be bothered to do it.
    test
  18. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Navas is something like Saviola or even Quaresma, had a lot of talent but failed to hit the peak.
    Fernandinho is pretty good, should fit in well with Man City.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  19. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

i watch the EPL pretty religiously i'd definitely be interested in getting a fantasy thing going. i do have no idea how that works though so i'll leave it to you lol

i've seen jesus navas a fair bit, he's a very fast player who takes on defenders, not quite like ronaldo (obviously lol) but he's a very decent midfielder/winger
    test
  20. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Will see if he gets banned for life like that guy that just raised his hand and did Roman salute.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test