English Premier League/Champions League/La Liga

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by AntOne1, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

City got dominated by wigan lol
    test
  2. ukallday

ukallday Active Member

Yeh City were very poor and sadly its cost Mancini his job when it was the players that have underperformed. Wonder who will be there next season, that guy from Malaga is odds on favourite but what happens if he doesnt deliver what they want, they look like they will take the same route as Chelsea.

Jose back at Chelsea looking very likely since Real have approached Anchilotti, glad to see him back lets see who he brings in.

The biggest News of this week is that Villa are safe with Wigan's loss to Arsenal, I was getting worried when Wigan equalized to make it 1-1 cause we all know they like to beat the big teams at this stage and it would have been tough going there on the weekend needing a point without Benteke. Luckily Arsenal did the business and im backing them to get the points needed against Newcastle to get Top 4.
    test
  3. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

lol wigan will now be playing in the championship in england but also playing in the europa league

this weekend will be really interesting to see whether tottenham can finish above arsenal, still got odds on arsenal getting the three points against newcastle as well

city scored an awesome team goal against reading today, i can only find it in black and white though

[youtube]9WbHp1ytH08[/youtube]
    test
  4. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

:banana2: ::banana2: : :banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2:
    test
  5. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool ^^^
    test
  6. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Nice win by Chelski.
    Benitez always brings trophies.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  7. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

Torres scored a great goal, benfica were unlucky though, they played really well, probably better than Chelsea

Also sucks for benfica because their last game was a loss to Porto which meant that they also lost the league, I think this Europa league was their 9th European cup loss lol
    test
  8. ukallday

ukallday Active Member

Benfica were undoubtedly the better team especially in the first half, however they seemed scared to shoot and that cost them, they wanted to keep passing in the box when it would have been better to take some shots.

Happy for Chelsea.
    test
  9. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

what's everyones predictions for the game? bayern re the huge favourites, but they do seem to self capitulate in the big occasions. i'll be going foor the underdogs borussia. not gonna lie though it doesn't seem to be as exciting a final as it usually does, hopefully both teams deliver

in other news it looks like mourinho will be heading to chelsea and benitez is going to napoli, not really sure about the whole rooney situation though
    test
  10. ukallday

ukallday Active Member

I thought it was just me who felt underwhelmed by the final, I was thinking maybe cause I was English. I just dont think Bayern are that amazing, I mean they lost 2-0 to Arsenal. Their big players fold under pressure (Robben against Chelsea last year) and I just think the tag of best team in the world is abit premature.

I hope Dortmund win although it wont count for much since all their best players are leaving, it must be bittersweet for them to gain such big success but at the cost of the best players in their team.

I just think if United had beaten Madrid (lets leave all the arguments this time) they would have won the CL, I think they would have beaten all these other teams.

Glad to see Mourinho back, shame he wont face off against Fergie again.
    test
  11. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Again Robben.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  12. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

the final itself turned out to be pretty exciting, none of the goals were too impressive, robben's one was quite good but not as noteworthy as other ones. i thought it was strange that mario gomez was left on the bench until the 93rd minute, he didn't even touch the ball.
    test
  13. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Instead of who would you put Gomez?
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  14. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

i would have paired him with mandzukic, mandzukic has had a really good season and he ended up scoring which showed he was the right choice up front, but i don't see why a player like gomez, unless injured, would be left on the bench. anyway it's irrelevant they ended up winning

can't wait to see all the transfers for next season, seems like there is going to be a lot of big name players and managers moving around
    test
  15. Geedorah

Geedorah King

You would take Muller out?
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  16. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

i would have also had mueller in the team, other than lewandowski i don't think borussia would have pressured the bayern defence too much so i would have done with one less defender

in transfer news it's been said that falcao is set to move to monaco for 60 million euros. i think falcao should be moving on to a bigger club than monaco but they must be willing to pay him a lot, i don't understand why players would take hits to their careers in pursuit of money, they'll be getting paid considerably well regardless of where they go
    test
  17. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Not really, he will get payed more in Monaco than anywhere else, Monaco doesnt have taxes.
    So instead of who would you put Gomez then, Robben, Ribery?
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  18. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

my point is that he will still get paid a lot of money for moving to a big name where he will still be able to further his career at the same time

sorry i don't get the 2nd bit of your question, are you asking whether i'd replace gomez with robben or ribery?
    test
  19. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Who would you take out to put Gomez in?
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  20. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

right, one of their defenders, i think bayern would have been strong enough with one less defender, and those three up front would have pressured borussia into defending even more

did anyone watch the lazio v roma coppa italia game? lazio ended up winning 1-0, it was a boring match though, too cagey
    test