English Premier League/Champions League/La Liga

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by AntOne1, Nov 19, 2012.

1. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

you have to say though that diego lopez has done a really good job as a replacement
    test
  2. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Yea, but still he made some mistakes Casillas wouldnt.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  3. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

benfica and chelsea through to the europa league final, benfica are going to be a massive test for chelsea, i don't think it's going to be as easy as most people think

benfica 3 fenebache 2

chelsea 3 basel 1 (5-2 aggregate)
    test
  4. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

so sir alex ferguson announced his retirement. even if you were the maddest man city supporter you couldn't say that he isn't one of, if not THE, greatest manager of all time, across any sport.

13 premier league championships
    5 fa cups
    4 league cups
    10 community shields
    2 champions leagues
    1 uefa cup winners cup
    1 uefa super cup
    1 intercontinental cup
    1 fifa club world cup

he transformed united into one of the most successful clubs of all time and completely revolutionised it's youth system which makes it all the more impressive that he gave so much faith to young players who he moulded into future superstars like giggs, scholes, beckham, neville etc and recognised other young talents like rooney and ronaldo

@Lucy sad day right?
    test
  5. ukallday

ukallday Active Member

So shocked about Fergie, read about it last night as a rumour and thought it was just that, however it started to gain steam and then was confirmed. I think it makes sense for him to go, hes given alot to United and he isnt a young guy he needs some family time.

I think he wanted to slip away without the fan fare and this was the best way to do that, now we will truely see how good a manager he was when the next person takes over.

Who do we think will get the job, apparently they are announcing it within the next 48 hours, ideally id like to see them pick someone British and not a massive name, but times have changed and theres gonna be a shit load of pressure on them so I think a big name will probably be needed.

Moyes is odds on favorite atm and Im not sure if he'll be good enough tbh, looks like Mourinho is going back to Chelsea but he could be going to United.

Im actually gutted we wont get to see Mourinho vs Fergie again and I think that ends Uniteds hopes of getting Ronaldo back.

Thinking about it fuck Fergie, hes ruined my summer, almost all the things I was wishing for wont happen now, he only retired cause he was scared and knew that United were struggling to keep their dominance <<<<<<<LOL
    test
  6. Geedorah

Geedorah King

What a crazy game Real-Malaga.
    2 red cards for Malaga, penalty for Real, C. Ronaldo shoot and goalkeeper defended it with his foot but got injured, he was replaced later on, indirect free kick for Real, C.Ronaldo scored from it, Ozil got injured, 6-2 score, beautiful goal by Di Maria.

:funny:

[​IMG]
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  7. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

I felt it was on the cards, one of the daily papers here announced he was having hip replacement surgery and were actually discussing when he would be fit to go back to work, the press & TV are acting like he's gottdamn died!

but yeah, sad day... very very sad day. Not sure when the PL will see his like again.
    test
  8. L u c y

DAvid Moyes??????

who will/could take Fergie's spot?
    test
  9. Put it in my Mouth

Put it in my Mouth member

hey lucy did something happen?
    test
  10. L u c y

nothing for you to worry about
    test
  11. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

it seems as if moyes will take over which makes sense really. he's done really well with everton, as shown that he can sustain longevity at a club which i think the board at united are really looking for, he's young as well so it won't be as if moyes will retire anytime soon. also i think ferguson and moyes are very close as friends and advise each other often (what i read in a book on ferguson anyway).

but who knows, hopefully we find out soon
    test
  12. Put it in my Mouth

Put it in my Mouth member

no want happened to that thing you said you were gonna do
    test
  13. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

don't do it lucy, it's not worth it, someone well equipped will come along and manage united just fine
    test
  14. ukallday

ukallday Active Member

Its also been revealed that Rooney told Fergie he wanted to leave United a couple of weeks ago, im not sure if he knew Fergie was retiring or not but he hasnt looked happy often this season. He seems to like to be the star player and when RVP came he took that role.

Who knows if Moyes can convince him to stay, I dont think so atm as we all know their past history together.

I am actually really sad about him retiring, im mean we all knew it was coming but I just never thought id see the day and especially not like this. Im sorry but I just dont think Moyes is upto the task, is he respected enough in europe to get the best players in, is he good enough to win major trophies? I dont think Uniteds squad was the best in the PL this season so we'll see what hes got next year.

I sadly think this is the end of the United dynasty and they will struggle from here on out, hopefully not though.
    test
  15. Geedorah

Geedorah King

More chances now of Rooney leaving.
    I hope Real signs him, he was working great with C.Ronaldo.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  16. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Goal of decade, typical from mericans.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  17. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

henry, one of the greatest strikers ever

moyes officially has taken over as manager of man united, no surprises there.

ferguson mentioned that he approached moyes back in 1998 about being assistant manager at united, pretty interesting

first challenge for him though: keep rooney at the club
    test
  18. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

i really hope wigan can pull off an upset against city, always good to go for the underdog but i really don't like how blatantly city have bought their way to success

if city lose i doubt mancini will have the job come next season, city really can't go now without having won at least one trophy during their season
    test
  19. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

[youtube]Ex4SfJRiQaE[/youtube]
    test
  20. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Good for him...going out on a W
    test