Energy!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by .ApoGee., Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .ApoGee.

.ApoGee. Keep The Peace.

What kind of Energy drinks do you guys or women take?

Me mostly, I drink Water on daily basis. I'm a track and field/XC (Cross Country) Runner and I run almost everyday with one day off (sundays). I'm not that Skinny, I'm 150 pounds, do alot of Push-Up's, 6 pack abs, a little bit of lower body weight lifting, 30 minute treadmill or 30 minute three mile run, about a hour of swimming (I love swimming!!!!) People tell me to get on the swim team or something but no, running is where it's at. I' was a runner up to qualify for the states but not this year and it's my final year :(. I'm going to college really soon, during the september. Recently now, ever since I started training before TF season started, I kind of felt sluggish and lazy and it's been that way since. So before running for college, I need to get right on 'energy'. Can you help me out?

Some say drink coffee before working out, doing cardio but there's got to be something better.
    test
  2. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

I drink water 98% of the time

Energy drinks are bad as far as I know.

It could have something to do with the way you're eating... but thats just a guess, since I dont know anything about ur diet. Maybe ur not hydrated enough? Could be a dozen different reasons why ur feeling sluggish.
    test
  3. .ApoGee.

.ApoGee. Keep The Peace.

Maybe it is. Hot good breakfast in the morning, Two Egg's, Toast or a Bagel w/ cream cheese with a bananna. During Lunch, I really don't eat the Lunches. I go to the vendor and rack up two chips of original 'sun chips and eat a cheese-baloney sandwitch or turkey. After School, Work out...go home and eat dinner. Mostly Meat.
    test
  4. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

Eat more often. Eating 3 measly meals a day isn't going to provide much energy at all, especially for someone like you who is burning up so many calories.
    test
  5. .ApoGee.

.ApoGee. Keep The Peace.

Cool. What about Energy Drinks or stuff?
    test
  6. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Taking any vitamins??
    test
  7. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

energy drinks aren't good for you by any means.

though they help me when i'm cramming for exams.
    test
  8. .ApoGee.

.ApoGee. Keep The Peace.

None that are pills...but I am eating oranges, Lol Vitamin C.
    test
  9. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

i hope youre like 5 foot 3 with that diet. what you getting like 1300 cals a day?

eat more and sleep more, youll have more energy.
    test
  10. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

yeah you need to be eating more frequently...

but, to start off, i would try to eat something 2-3hrs before your workout and eat again at least 1 hr after your workout
    test
  11. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

[youtube]qRuNxHqwazs[/youtube]
    test
  12. .ApoGee.

.ApoGee. Keep The Peace.

Oh snap, Lolz. I'm 5,4. What's a good amount of Cals to have per day, I don't even focus on that.
    test
  13. LiveFromThe781

omg lmfao
    test
  14. LiveFromThe781

its all that damn cardio dude. i personally hate it and come from a bodybuilding standpoint but if youre going to be doing all that running and swimming you need keep your protein and carbs high. make sure youre eating carbs with every meal.

whats your ethnic background also? ive heard a lot of people feeling much better eating to their ethnicity. i dont know much about it myself, other than a lot of white people are better off eating more meats and fats versus carbs, but anyway if this is recent id say just take in more calories, food is the source of energy for the body. some quick tips to add more cals, drink more whole milk, mix in fat (such as coconut oil or flax seed oil) in with a protein shake (made with milk), eat more eggs (its much faster to eat them raw), add heavy cream to your protein shakes.

yea an energy will work for a quick solution but then you creat another problem in that you get a crash from them. so get caffeine overdosing out of the picture.

other thing id say is just look at how youre scheduling everything, workouts and running is tireing. look to do your physicial activities after your mental activites as youll usually be too exhausted physically to focus mentally. so go to school, do your homework, then do your shit.
    test
  15. .ApoGee.

.ApoGee. Keep The Peace.

test
  16. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

What about the salmonela (sp) from the raw eggs?
    test
  17. LiveFromThe781

bullshit.

salmonela only occurs in the shell, not the egg itself. also eggs infected with samonela is something in the 1: 1,000,000's or higher, basically you could eat raw eggs your entire life and never actually come across one. also, samonela is easily fought off by the immune system of a what would be considered an average healthy person. the risks of eating eggs are rediculously blown out of proportion, you may develop an allergy from eating in excess, but thats really it.

theres so much shit in nutrition/health that is being exposed as complete bullshit. fat will kill you, eggs give samonela, red meat gives cancer, too much protein will make your head explode, blah blah blah. i dont buy any of that shit, i dont believe half the shit doctors say. fuck modern medicine.
    test
  18. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

LOL... i feel you. Thanks for the info!
    test
  19. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

That number is off, salmonella occurs in roughly 1 of every 20,000 eggs.

Still really low chance of actually seeing one, I've eaten plenty of raw eggs and never had a problem.
    test
  20. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

yeah in this book i have called "The 150 healthiest foods on earth" the author says eating raw eggs is actually beneficial to you...and several other dietary experts agree with him...

the only concern is the allergy problem, but i think that might be blown out of proportion
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.