Eminem..

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Blake772, Feb 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blake772

Blake772 New Member

I'm just as sick as the next guy of seeing stupid Eminem dickriders.

But gimme a damn break, 75% of this board hates on Eminem so hard. He gets mentions in "Worst rapper" threads, and it's gotten to the point that it's nearly a unanimous decision that Will Smith > Eminem battle-wise.

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

Fellas, don't get blinded by hate. I'm with the majority that thinks Encore was wack as hell (but I will say that it's still better than half of the releases this past year), but how the hell do you not owe the man respect. MMLP, SSLP, and even The Eminem Show are very good CDs. He drops a lame CD and now you people throw him to the curb, saying this ghost-reading actor can beat him on the tip. Don't get it twisted, I'm no Eminem dickrider, it's just I've seen so much ignorance that I've broken my silence.

Don't get blinded by hate.
    test
  2. Seekwence

Seekwence Hood Legend

hes just one of the rappers who nevers seizes to amaze me....everytime i try to give him credibility for something....he does something else that mkaes me go....what the fuck was this guy thinking.....ranging from his lyrics to his actions...
    test
  3. Seekwence

Seekwence Hood Legend

as far as encore goes....i dont care what anybody says....that album was absolutely.....horrible....beats and all....just down right waste of time.
    test
  4. mike ockburns

mike ockburns New Member

I know what you are saying.. because Eminem gets so much attention and recognition, almost everyone has a strong opinion about him. Either they are huge fans of him or huge critics. The number of people who are in the middle is getting smaller and smaller.
    test
  5. ADubXJ03

ADubXJ03 New Member

encore was, for the most part, a showcase of gay

i agree hes owed respect, tho...i dont think anyone thinks hes "the worst ever", just he used to be so consistently dope people get infuriated over the possibility of him fallin off hard
    test
  6. Dialted

Dialted Mr. Ted dial

Encore was gay.
    Eminem WAS ill.
    Now, eminem = gay, not wack.
    test
  7. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge New Member

He's the greatest of all time.
    But 75% of this board don't know shit about rap...
    They don't know what a flow is, what goos lyrics are...what MUSIC is...They're stick to rap and think mainstream sucks.

Can't be mad at us...they're pitiful.
    test
  8. Tha_XTC

Tha_XTC aka. MC B-Dee

Eminem is a Legend, yep thats right, the lil white boy from Detroit is a fucking legend.
    test
  9. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

I dont know about Legend i mean his first 2 CDs were good but they were also a gimmick. I mean rappin about rapin his mom or talking about homos doesnt really bring anything that was really needed in the rap community. Personally i havent listened to him since MMLP as the gimmick wore off for me. Were the lyrics original yes but mainly cause no one else would think to say half of the shit cause it was messed up. Does he have classic material yes but he also has some seriously wack shit. Alot of people hate the guy especially since he was the first white guy to be succesful with more than 1 album. But the amount of dickriders or how much they claim he is the best is just as sickening.

So no he isnt the worst by far but so far i would put him in a top 20 not a top 10. All these greatest of all times threads are just as sad as the will smith > Eminem threads.
    test
  10. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

WHEN HE "REALLY SPITS", he's EASILY the GOAT
    test
  11. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

Eminem is madd nice, you can never take that away from him.

But his new album was, like someone else said in the thread, a complete waste of time, trash, one of the most horrible albums I've ever heard...I mean come on...if people are having discussions on whether or not what they're hearing is a haox album or not there's gotta be something wrong...

and like i said Eminem is great, but GOAT? nah, no, hell no...and no I'm not some mainstream obsessed head nor am I an underground obsessed head, I'm just one of the few who still know about real hip hop music...and because of this I know way too many other artists whom I'd put over Eminem...but then again that whole goat label is pure opinion anyway & everyone's entitled to their own
    test
  12. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge New Member

Real rap music maistream right now.
    95% of underground MC's are fuckin retards whom can't rap.

Quote ONE MC that can rivalize with him
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

yeah, too many people that you would put over Eminem but if you break down the elements of technical rhymin', records he put out, flows, hooks, wits, metaphors, inner rhyme patterns, syllable rhyming, complex bar schemes, and more, Pun's the only one close to Em that has a decent amount of records out

Em already outshined Big on Dead Wrong (I know he was dead but regardless, Em made Big sound like an amateur)... Redman, Methodman, Royce (though Royce is one of the only MC's I've seen outshine Em when Em was at the top of his game), Pharoahe Monch, Chino XL, and more...

Em, once again, when he tries (not Encore) is the GOAT......
    test
  14. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

oh, and there are people that rival him... don't get that wrong... and Underground MC's a fuckin' retards? c'mon man... the best underground MC's would completely ANNIHILATE mainstream cats...

put together a team of Vakill, Juice, Royce 5'9, Copywrite, and Crooked I and you couldn't put together a mainstream team that would beat 'em or even come within a 100 mile radius of them

EDITED:
    Since I put it out, lemme try....... hmmmm......
    1) Eminem (trying)
    2) Pharoahe Monch
    3) Big L
    4) Big Pun
    5) Hov/Rakim

hmmm... that would be a REAL REAAAAAALLLLLLL interesting battle...
    test
  15. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

true true, and I'm glad you put Redman up there...he's overlooked by many and I have no clue why
    test
  16. Thrice_III

Thrice_III Your daddy

What's with if he tried he'd be goat. Let me ask you how long ago was em trying, 3 years ago, 5 years ago, I want to know because I didn't think SSLP/MMLP were the greatest albums ever. Em is Top 20,if im generous top 10, but comeon guys the GOAT, I think not.
    test
  17. Rugged Ray

Rugged Ray DEEZ NUTS

Agreed.
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

lets do a sports analogy... he had three albums that were probably either the best or top 3 album of their year.... that's like goin' to the championship and either winning it or gettin' REAL REAAAAALLLLLLLL close....

Marshall Mathers LP is a Superbowl ring cuz it was DEFINITELY the best album of that year... I feel the same way about SSLP but I'm gonna get mixed responses on that one... REGARDLESS, that's two rings IMO... his stats!!??!?!? his lyricism... look how many MC's he's outshined... look at his incredible syllable rhyming while bein' able to stay on topic (nobody does it like him)... let's look at his metaphors... let's look at classic hip hop songs like Lose Yourself, The Way I Am, Stan, Bad Meets Evil, and more.... I even put up 'Til I Collapse (for it's lyricism) as a classic hip hop song... ummm... look at his story-telling ability (check almost all of SSLP)... every aspect of MCing, he's proved himself to be one of the best, if not the best.....

I know there's better story-tellers but he's elite... his punchline skills are ridiculous and are top 5 WHEN HE DOES IT BUT HE SAID HE STOPPED BECAUSE HE ALREADY PROVED HE CAN DO THAT AND NOW HE WANTS TO PROVE HE CAN MAKE SONGS (check SSLP and songs like 313 - ONE OF MY FAVORITE PUNCHLINE VERSES OF ALL-TIME - and more of his underground shit), nobody's better at technical rhyming... syllable rhyming, inner bar patterns, complex rhyme schemes (maybe Pun but Pun couldn't stay on topic while he did it like Em does).... anyway, you get the point... there's people that are better at certain aspects then him but nobody has all of it down like him...

when he "TRIES", he's the GOAT... no doubt about it

EDITED:
    Oh yeah, lemme add to the fact that he now has one of the best flows ever embraced by an MC also... top 10 without a doubt in that department now, too.... c'mon, he's got 3 of the greatest diss tracks in hip hop history (Nail in the Coffin, I Remember, and Quitter)

what more does he have to do????
    test
  19. gotband4nothing

gotband4nothing New Member

eminem can rap but he's a fucking idiot and his dickriding fans r even worse
    test
  20. The Requiem

The Requiem New Member

eminem is a legend...if not for his music, for the fact that he is eminem....30 years from now when ppl look back this peroid of music will go hand in hand with eminem...like it or not he is the most infamous character in rap ever...and im saying this based on all the atention he gets outside of rap...

and dude is dope, encore was whack...but so was Vol.2 but then jay followed with the Blueprint...so stfu with the "eminem's career is over"...you faggits just want something to talk about
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.