Eminem was/ is a great emcee, but he's not top 10.

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by TWAMP$iN, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

Um, you have no input on an album that you do not choose what to put on.....he had half input on big picture.......but a remix of ebonics, a throwaway verse mixed with a tupac accapella?....not how you follow up a classic, and it was still good, just not an album really imo......He wasn't even on a label when he died, rawkus released it a while later......

my logic here is sound, maybe i am not being clear though......you speak of him and his 2010 releases in present, and alive, tense........that's 12 years at least 13 years......he was amazing then, and would have been better now imo, but those tracks were probably not up to his standards back then, or else they would have been released on big picture or in the years between his 1st and his death.......

how is it more than a mixtape if it is a compilation of songs not set for release?......creative input on an album stretches far beyond the songs.......my pac analogy should have made this clear........but i hope some understand........i'm not saying it is not good, or anything negative
    test
  2. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

ill explain more clearly later
    test
  3. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

You're saying it shouldn't effect his legacy. Why? It's still good, it's still him.
    test
  4. All Ones Trick

All Ones Trick The Time Has Passed

Weezy's flow is fantastic.

Not hating on L's flow or anything.

But flow is one of weezy's greatest strengths.

its pretty much flawless
    test
  5. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

Big L dropped a classic but I wouldn't have him in a top 10. Didn't do enough (didn't live enough, RIP).
    test
  6. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

One album, a great album, but not like ready to die, or illmatic, or reasonable doubt great, should really not warrent as much praise as it affords big L.......I'll say it, he seemed to be growing outta one-dimensionalism, trying some more fresh sounding things, but the end of the day, we have 1.3 albums, and shit from the no pile......The sophmore album is the make it or break it album, maybe an anomoly or 2, but this is true.......he sadly didn't make his 2nd album, he got shot 7 times in the face cuz his brother was beefing.......

web heads over rate lifestylez, many claim to like it more than they do.....and prolly 70% of people never heard dude till they heard harlem rappperlamont coleman died, in a rap mag, cuz google didn't exist.......if you are 26 or older i'll believe it if you tell me........he is liked for the freestyles much more than he is for the songs........that is fact.....

I actually love the album
    test
  7. Ace the Prophet

Ace the Prophet A Prophet to the Game

Eminem changed the game when he came in...to say he's not top 10 is absolutely ridiculous. There might be 10 rappers you LIKE more, but his abilities were outmatched by none, simply because even with the millions of records he sold he still kept the hunger..SSLP, MMLP, TES, those solidify his positioning in the top 10. It's more of an argument to say he's out of the top 5 than the top 10 IMO because being in the top 10 is a certainty for what he did
    test
  8. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

To summarise: You're saying that even if I like ten rappers more, if I made a list of the ten rappers I like the most Eminem has to be there.
    test
  9. 1Nosyrag

1Nosyrag Member

^List of 10 favorites is different from a list of 10 best.
    test
  10. GreattheGreat

GreattheGreat $$$$$

^how so? it's music, 100% prefrence

1BIG
    2Andre
    3Nas
    4P Monche
    5Black Thought
    6Pac
    7Jay
    8Em
    9Common
    10Busta
    11Rakim
    12Cube
    13Lauryn Hill
    14Scarface
    15Q-Tip
    16Redman
    17Styles P
    18BDK
    19Masta Ace
    20Jadakiss
    fixed
    test
  11. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

it's fuckin' hilarious how i already know this thread would go at least 3 pages just by mentioning Eminem.
    test
  12. All Ones Trick

All Ones Trick The Time Has Passed

That speaks as much for as against him.

If you didn't want to take part in the same old tired Eminem debates then you wouldn't instigate them.
    test
  13. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

you know exactly what i'm saying.
    test
  14. BPtheDon

BPtheDon Yeeeeeeuh

This thread helped me build my ignore list

Good look twamp

:funny:
    test
  15. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

lmaooooo

anytime bro :funny:
    test
  16. platinumstatz

platinumstatz Member

Eminem is definitely top 10!
    test
  17. BPtheDon

BPtheDon Yeeeeeeuh

Another addition

:funny:
    test
  18. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

lmmmaooooooooooo
    test
  19. Ace the Prophet

Ace the Prophet A Prophet to the Game

Someone already answered this. Your favorites are different than the best. Lemme put it this way.

I fuckin hate LeBron James. I think the dude's a douchebag, chokes in the clutch, and I hope he never wins a championship. I can think of 10 players I'd rather have on my team than him. The media rides him out every year and puts him above everyone else, and I think that's ludicrous.

But....I can't discredit his skills. Dude's a fuckin beast. He's one of the top 10 players in the league, I just fuckin hate him.

LeBron = Eminem (As you see him, anyways)

It doesn't surprise me that a bunch of people hate on Eminem..and I won't ride his dick. I just think it's ridiculous to not put him in the top 10 rappers of all time considering what he accomplished within 3 albums. You can't tell the history of rap without Eminem.

Once someone gets as big as Em is you either hate it or love it
    test
  20. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Oh shit... GRG back in effect!!!

You're like in my top 5 favorite RM HHC members of all time... and I have "no homo" immunity, so screw it.

And I hear you on Eminem... you can't deny his skill... but his material leaves more to be desired... I can see why some kids still hold him in such high esteem... I still think G. Rap should be worshipped, although his albums aren't all that great overall.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.