Eminem - Relapse

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Archer, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Just heard the whole album...

This is Eminem pretty much giving us what we've been bitching about since 2002. Slim Shady. The drug using rapist/murderer. dude definitely delivers. This probably takes the throne as far as being his most vulgar, violent, and offensive album. Nice to hear some shit like this in the 2009 era where every goddam rapper is a pussy that raps about throwing money to ho's and flashing gold teeth and chains in order to get some ass. Its refreshing to hear a rapper thats not afraid to be RAW.

Biggest Complaints:

- The goddamn voice. He doesnt use it as much as I thought he would, but he does use it alot. certain songs would just be better overall without it.

- The fact that almost every song is EXACTLY the same. Even on SSLP when he was rapping about this kind of shit he used some creativity, like on guilty conscience.

Praise: Okay, this album has 2 parts basically. When I heard every song before Deja Vu, I would have given it a 7 out of ten. Dude came back with the crazy shit, but it wasn't nothing special.

but three songs proved me DEAD WRONG when I said earlier on this board that Eminem was done

Deja Vu- Excellent beat, excellent flow, excellent story. Sums up what he went through when proof died. THis is real shit. cant see how it could have been any better.

Beautiful- GODDAMN EM. you son of a bitch. You wait till damn near the end of the album to put out one of the best tracks of your career. You can definietly feel Em's pain in this one. beat is soulful. Em's ryhmes are flawless. this reminds me of sing for the moment, but... more passionate

Underground- Fuck anyone that says Eminem cant spit anymore. I dare Spanky or Vandalism to say he didnt rip this shit up. This song is how I pictured the album would be before I heard any of the leaked tracks. This is Eminem at his absolute best. spittin hardcore shit in his normal voice- FLAWLESSLY. Em picked the right song to end the album with.

My Grade- 8/10

1. SSLP- 10/10
    2. MMLP- 10/10
    3. TES- 8/10
    4. Relapse- 8/10
    5- Encore- 6/10
    test
  2. Man I cant get over how dope the verses on Underground are.... this song reminds me of the SICK eminem.. song alone def. proves he still has it
    test
  3. The Big Deal

The Big Deal New Member

test
  4. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

em show-10
    slim shady-10+
    marshal mathers-9-
    relapse-6
    encore-3
    test
  5. Archer

Archer Hamityville

god dammit stop sleeping, this is shady
    test
  6. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

dont get it twisted, the shit is on repeat...but, its still a OK album
    test
  7. Wonk Saggin

Wonk Saggin Active Member

test
  8. KriminaL

KriminaL Guest

test
  9. BoDi

BoDi www.iambodirock.com

test
  10. deadweather

deadweather ******

bagpipes from Baghdad is so fucking dope hasodfasjdf;adfjasdklfsdjlf;k

lool @ chaka khan, he is so fuckin random
    test
  11. The Big Deal

The Big Deal New Member

test
  12. KingMenace

KingMenace YOU MAD.

I think it's a pretty good album, a lot better than I was expecting. There's a few really good songs, with "Beautiful" being the stand-out track after listening to the CD twice. Like others have said, it is darker than his last CD (no stupid "makes my pee-pee go, da-do-do-doing" bullshit). I can't remember any specific lines, but there are some funny lyrics on it.

I'm not really a fan of that new accent he is doing, but he doesn't over-do it so whatever.

I say this every time he puts out a CD, though, he doesn't need to say "he's back" on every other fucking song. It actually would have made sense for him to say it on this one, but since he's always said it, it's annoying.
    test
  13. fiktion

fiktion *******

^ beautiful and a select few def set this above encore

and he def overdoes the accent, alot of songs would be better without it. relapse+relapse 2 most likely could have been classic em; marketing says we get what we get though and this was more than i expected from the way things were going
    test
  14. E. Fate

E. Fate Guest

I swear niggas care too much about what OTHER niggas think. I could careless what the next nigga hear me listening to in my whip, fuck all that, I paid to have the system put in there and I will use it. Secondly, the moment niggas realize you're listening to EMinem you can almost guarantee they wouldn't even be surprised
    test
  15. KriminaL

KriminaL Guest

exactly,

The Formula =

Kid A comes in, "I like this CD".
    Kid B comes in, "OMG .. u lyk dat shit? ur a faggot".
    *Kid c-z comes in and chooses to pick on the less popular of Kid A & Kid B*
    everyone tries to look cool infront of everyone else.
    Warchief makes a quick joke
    everyone leaves.

Fuck it, personally i like relapse - i listened to it all the way through, only tracks i skipped were 3am, We made You & Crack a Bottle because i had heard them.

I thought "Must be the Ganja" was a really weak song.
    but shit like - Beautiful, Underground, Bagpipes of baghdad & deja vu were dope.
    test
  16. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

On second listen

My Mom, Bagpipes, Deja Vu, and Beautifull are the best tracks

every thing else varies from decent to bad......

better than encore though....

SSLP 9/10
    MMLP 10/10
    Eminem show 7/10
    Encore 3/10
    Relapse 6.5/10
    test
  17. Ryverse SykoliG

Ryverse SykoliG Knockin' Bootz

blah... it's good... get over it.
    test
  18. MicMyth

MicMyth Active Member

can someone put up just the underground track?
    test
  19. Bleach...

Bleach... Put me in your markers...

Whats the deal with the 2 albums thing in that last skit?
    test
  20. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

ya..i like it...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.