Eminem Jumps Into Lil Wayne, 50 Cent Beef

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Knowledge, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

Memph bleek is than wayne
    test
  2. Big_Moose

Big_Moose wigger

Encore > Carter 3

But C3 isnt even waynes worst album. Everything before C1 sucked ballz.
    test
  3. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

youre just looking for anything to argue. any eminem verse is 3049340 times better than a lil wayne verse.
    test
  4. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

I liked the block is hot better than Carter 3 at least he stayed on topic
    test
  5. Bar nigga

Bar nigga 314 STL Ancient of daze..

you young sir are a faggot
    test
  6. Eddie EnyGma

Eddie EnyGma pump.. pump.. pump it up!

andthemc just sonned EVERYONE wit his last post... seriously... theres some blind trendy faggot niggaz running round this board thinking they kno something but dont kno shit
    test
  7. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

I'm not saying it didn't exist I'm saying people weren't up on downloading shit like that. Downloading right now is completely out of control and it's had a direct effect on album sales. DSL and Cable modem made shit way too fucking easy. I remember having to wait forever and a day with slow ass dial up connections and praying someone with a T2 connection had the damn song I wanted from Kazaa or Napster or soulseek. Who has dial connections anymore? Ringtones were not even popular at all during Eminem's prime. Sales started to become a problem around 05

yeah it was a double album, shit sold for 19.99 on sale and then like 25 after, you damn right it should count as two albums you're getting two albums aren't you? Eminem must be your shining star huh? Nelly was just as popular as Eminem was and they were out at the same time. Eminem wasn't the only guy doing numbers and being popular Nelly was right up there. Outkast was up there.

Yeah you right they did it globally last year but Lil Wayne was also in the top ten selling albums globally as well. More than Rihanna, Beyonce, Madonna. Wasn't that big of a difference. On top of outselling them in the states.
    Coldplay Tops Global List of 2008's Best-selling Albums

too many ifs. Lil Wayne went platinum worldwide as well. and do you remember when Wayne threatened to leave cash money and the labels were lining up? But i guess you don't remember that one. and Lil Wayne is only like 25 years old probably not even that old.

how can you not say Lil Wayne is not the most popular rapper right now? You don't have to like him or respect him but damn he is the most popular rapper. It's not a debate. I don't understand how you can argue that he isn't. You need to be for real. I aint downplaying anything Eminem has done I'm just stating the truth. Truth is that all that billboard stuff was 5 or 6 years ago. The dynamics of the industry have changed. When Lil Wayne is clocking over 130 million plays (damn that's a lot of plays can you imagine that shit) on myspace and breaking itunes and ringtone records sales while also selling millions of records in the internet age then yes you can make the argument that he just might be more popular than Eminem was. and at the very least just as popular.

Lil Wayne throttles music charts - Entertainment News, Tune Tracker, Media - Variety

I really have no idea about this Vibe bracket and honestly never heard of it. so you can have that one. And I also understand that you hold Eminem on an untouchable pedestal too. Only thing Wayne doesn't have is a movie but trust is extremely famous I see him on with Katie Couric and debating on ESPN, hearing President Obama say his name and things of that nature so...whatever

Maybe just maybe everyone wants to work with Lil Wayne too have you ever thought of that? Maybe he has that type of trait. Eminem being more selective means absolutely nothing. Wayne still has a very long list of rappers he's worked with and that want to work with him. He's very appreciated amongst his peers and industry people.

Well Wayne's been releasing albums for like 13 years and has increased his fanbase over that span. I guess he hasn't touched any of his fans with his music. I guess he's been skating along making "popular rap type shit" and "music for the masses". I guess Lil Wayne has never rapped about life shit before on any of his songs. Never in his career. Ever. Strictly a club rapper. Talks about the club on every song on every album.

[/QUOTE]
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Nah... Encore sold 5.1 million up to October of '08. That's the original "Encore". It's 5x platinum and RIAA certified at 4x even tho' if it sold 5 mill, it still is 5x platinum.

But I agree.
    test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

False. PLENTY OF PEOPLE HAD CABLE MODEMS EVEN IN '01. Napster and Soulseek was like when I was in Middle School which is like late 90's. And I know ringtones weren't popular then but that has nothing to do with album sales. You bringing that up doesn't help your argument one bit. Album sale declines started around the start of the millenium. Go look it up. Even when Eminem dropped Encore, rap sales were down BIG TIME. And again, MANY people have acknowledged Eminem for holding the rap game up and music industry up for close to half a decade.

By the way, everyone talks so big about how Wayne sold a million copies in one week. Eminem's Encore (his worst album) sold 700,000+ in 3 days (he had a shortened week in sales). If he made it a full week, it probably would've been close to double that. So say it was 1.2 million in a week. That would have been his third straight album of selling over one million in a week. AGAIN... ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!?

Yeah, so it sells as two CD's. So technically, that's almost like cheating. So that basically means 5 million people bought the album twice. FACT IS, 10 million people did not buy the album. Get it? Again, must be too hard of a concept for you to grasp. ALMOST 10,000,000 PEOPLE BOUGHT TWO OF EMINEM'S ALBUMS. NOT 5,000,000 BUT 10,000,000! GET IT?!!?

It is a big difference. Outselling globally is more important to a label. BECAUSE THEY'RE THINKING MONEY. They don't care if the money came from Zimbabwe, Guatemala, North Korea, or even Iraq! THEY WANT THE MONEY! SO COLDPLAY WOULD BE MORE VALUED BECAUSE COLDPLAY WOULD BRING IN MORE MONEY! THEY SELL OUT MORE ARENAS AND STADIUMS ALL ACROSS THE WORLD.

That's so dumb... If plenty of rappers left their label, labels would line up. If Ne-Yo, Rihanna, Nas, John Legend, Kanye, Andre 3000, Outkast as a group, Coldplay, and dozens upon dozens of other artists left their label people would line up. FACT OF THE MATTER IS, LABELS WOULD BE MORE INTERESTED IN EMINEM EVEN WITH THE HIATUS! I'm sure 99% of people would agree on that. AGAIN, GO LOOK AT THE DAMN VIBE BRACKETS!
    test
  10. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

See how you change the argument? I didn't say he's not the most popular. BUT WHO'S DOIN' IT BIG IN RAP RIGHT NOW OUTSIDE OF 'YE AND WAYNE? It's because there's no competition because mainstream rap SUCKS! And wow... Wayne's Myspace has 130 million plays... WHOOPTY DOO!!! Eminem has a Myspace too. And he has over 140 million plays. And he probably hasn't even had music on it for the majority of the time because there's been no music to promote! BE SERIOUS! WTF was that argument even going to prove? He has one song up there! AND IT'S CRACK A BOTTLE AND THAT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN UP THERE MORE THAN A FEW MONTHS AND THAT SHIT GOT 7.331 MILLION PLAYS! are you fuckin' seriuos?!?!?! I can't believe you even brought that into the argument. And that's so stupid... Itunes wasn't as big when Em was selling records... If Em was selling that many records in stores then, you think it wouldn't reciprocate into sales on Itunes if he dropped an album? DUMB DUMB DUMB! That's all I have to say....

I don't have to "have" anything. It's a fact. Vibe did a bracket with fans voting on who's the best rapper alive. They did it like the NCAA tournament and the finals ended up being Jay-Z vs. Eminem. Eminem won just about 70% of the votes as the best rapper alive! Wayne didn't make it to the finals! AGAIN, ARE YOU SEIRUOS!??!? THAT WAS A POPULARITY CONTEST.... MILLIONS VOTED! MILLIONS!!!!!

And I don't hold anyone on a pedestal. I'm stating facts... You're not. I'm shutting you down. You're not shutting me down. I've given you facts that proved your arguments are wrong. You've stated opinion. And oh wowwww... He was on ESPN... You think if Eminem REALLY WANTED TO GET ON ESPN... HE COULDN'T!?!?!? haha... You're a joke. Wow... Obama said his name.... WHOOPTY DOOOOOO!!! Congress had hearings over Eminem... FUCK OUTTA HERE... CIA WAS INVESTIGATING EMINEM FOR HIS LYRICS! EVERYONE KNOWS FUCKIN' EMINEM!

Again: DUMB DUMB DUMB!

Again... It comes down to value, dummy. What's more valuable? A gold watch or platinum? PLATINUM, RIGHT? Why is platinum more valuable than gold? Because it's harder to get, right? UMMM... POINT PROVEN.

AGAIN.... DUMB DUMB DUMB!

DUMMY!! WHAT'S GOTTEN HIM BIG!?!?!? HIS CLUB SHIT RIGHT!?!??! WHAT'S HIS HIT RECORDS!?!??! HIS CLUB SHIT RIGHT?!?!?!?! DOES HE HAVE A WAY I AM, STAN, LOSE YOURSELF, CLEANING OUT MY CLOSET,
    SING FOR THE MOMENT, MOCKINGBIRD, OR ANYTHING OF THAT NATURE THAT'S BLOWN UP!?!??! NOOOOOOO!!! Eminem's niche is doing personal song's (outside of the stupid pop shit). WAYNE'S IS NOT!!! Get it!??!?! Or is that also too hard of a concept for you to grasp.

AGAIN: DUMB DUMB DUMB!
    test
  11. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

crack in the bottle isnt even on king mathers i thought that was on 50 album
    test
  12. Mask2MyFace2

test
  13. Mask2MyFace2

Like I said I've never heard of any Vibe Brackets but you can have it. I believe you. He had hearings because he was a controversial figure. Lil Wayne isn't controversial like that. lol @ President Obama mentioning Lil Wayne...Obama is only the biggest "Celebrity" in the world. And there you go talking in 'ifs' again. A fact is that Eminem has never been on ESPN. Everyone also knows Lil Wayne.

Platinum is more valuable because it's simply a better metal than gold. Not because it's harder to get you can get it the same as gold it's abundant. It's stronger, it doesn't tarnish, it doesn't add color to stones, it's a pure metal which makes it less prone to people with allergies. What do you really know? just making up stupid shit.

There you go resulting to name calling. lol What got Eminem big? Hi My Name Is, Real Slim Shady etc. stupid shit. Just because Wayne doesn't release those life songs as singles doesn't mean he doesn't have them. You are right though he only does the life shit on other people's singles if at all.
    test
  14. Big_Moose

Big_Moose wigger

I watched Skip Bayless debate someone about whether or not Eminem was underrated a couple years ago....so shut da fuck up....
    test
  15. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

test
  16. XxKxX

XxKxX Member

lol Wayne's not on the same level as Em and never will be, forget record sales i'm talking about quality of music, disregarding Encore of course!
    test
  17. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

Now if eminen sales 1. Something in a week again all this arguing going to be for nothing...dude Is a music icon
    test
  18. vandalism

vandalism the king

lmao @ these essays

em doesn't have as much power as you think he does. get off his dick
    test
  19. mowa

mowa Futuristic Entertainment

WTF? why would eminem ever go on ESPN even if they asked him? what has a rapper got to do with sports. that point was only sayin WAYNE is a media whore nothin else nothin impressive about a RAPPER been on ESPN. fact wayne had to go on somewhere he dont belong just shows he does anything to get his name out. eminem just makes songs and performs.

yeah [worldwide] eminem big from his songs and his shit on stage, i live outside of USA and the first time i really heard wayne talked about was when he was kissing baby lol Wayne took awhile to become popular outside of USA cos he's simply not that good. where as eminem was from his FIRST major single (although the big rap show (tim westwood) here was playin "just dont give a fuck" before hi my name is broke also.) so eminem been played worldwide before hi my name is even hit. i'd say what really got him big is "Stan" i think that was his big moment personally
    test
  20. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

Eminem is popular because he's white....plain and simple
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.