Eminem Jumps Into Lil Wayne, 50 Cent Beef

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Knowledge, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razor_bladez

razor_bladez Has Muertos

Lil wayne saying on video that Eminem was scared to get on a track with him....

Although wayne later back tracked and said that he can't fuck with Em.
    test
  2. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

why are yall so obsessed with "ending careers"? That's a rare occasion...it's only happened a few times. T.I. vs. Lil Flip, 50 Cent vs. Ja Rule, LL Cool J vs. Canibus....that's all I can really think of right now

and Eminem hasn't ended any rap careers unless you're including Fred Durst, Benzino and Everlast (cmon now be for real we are talking about people on a respectable level at least). Nobody even remotely as big as Lil Wayne
    test
  3. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

Yeah I was exaggerating. I mean he could have most people on his side if any beef did happen. Not that I'm interested in that bullshit.
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

That's funny you say "Fred Durst" but if you didn't know, Fred Durst was in a group called Limp Bizkit which was one of the biggest rock groups around that time. Obviously not rap beef-wise but he was big in the music industry... They were going multi-platinum with number 1 singles. And he disappeared... And it wasn't just Benzino... It was the entire Source Magazine that went into the trash after they fucked with Eminem. Em has power in the music industry. I forget the exact statistic but I remember from like '01 to '04 or something like that... Eminem and 50 Cent sold like 30+% of the Interscopes' sales... Or some ridiculous number like that. And Interscope is still considered one of the biggest powers in music. So they have a lotta say.... But we'll see... I'm not saying he can shut Wayne down. We'll just see what happens.
    test
  5. wtf internetz

wtf internetz best blog on earth

The only thing that bothers me about Wayne is that he claims to be the best rapper alive.

If you count the opinion of women between the ages of 13-19 then maybe.

If you only factor in those votes then maybe but otherwise no.

If I were Eminem I would definitely speak up on it.

He's one of the only few who could or that would right now.
    test
  6. vandalism

vandalism the king

basically no one ever ended anyone's career... Lil Flip was never on in the first place, and Canibus would've flopped whatever happened in the LL beef, I mean shit most people thought he won that fucking beef, how could it have ended his career.

the closest its been to anyone ending someone's career is 50 on Ja Rule cause 50's rep was major at that point and even though Ja went platinum afterwards he was basically considered a joke from then on.

but yeah thats the exact type of shit I meant, dude's saying 'eminem can end anyone's career, he got too much influence in the game' shut the hell up
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Again... What happened to the Source when they went @ Em? Limp Bizkit (Fred Durst)? If you go look at the numbers... Significant Other went 7x platinum.... Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water went 6x platinum... Those are JUST IN THE UNITED STATES... After the Eminem incident? 1x platinum. Then disappeared off the face of the earth. C'mon now. And look at the Source situation. Em has shut down careers. If you don't believe that major selling artists have power in the music industry, you're REALLY naive. Jadakiss has openly admitted that he couldn't reach Jimmy Iovine after the entire 50 Cent battle. He admitted that 50 won the battle at the end of the day because he shut down his money. Why did he REALLY end up off Interscope? C'mon now. Stop bein' naive. An artist with a lotta influence in labels and power can shut someone down. It just doesn't happen much.
    test
  8. vandalism

vandalism the king

limp bizkit wasn't to do with Em... interscope gave them the same level of advance and marketing for their 4th album, but Wes Borland left and they started recording acoustic ballads and shit so all their fans bailed on them. yeah the Source had some problems from going at Em, advertisers were withdrawing, but that's not an artist, it's a hip hop magazine that relies for its success on being close to the biggest rappers, so its different. (benzino don't count as gettin his career ended cause he ain't have one)

yeah, the biggest artists on a label can cause mad problems for smaller artists on that same label - like 50 and jada - but if they on different labels or if the artists are about the same popularity they don't have much bargaining power.. eminem couldn't do shit to lil wayne for instance
    test
  9. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

lil wayne is a fad. if i owned a record label id be taking eminem over lil wayne. even em's wack shit is miles ahead of lil wayne. in 5 years lil wayne wont be talked about anymore, but eminem is still gonna be known as one of the greatest. em could take out wayne if they were on the same label
    test
  10. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

thats extreme dislike for lil wayne.. no way is encore > lil wayne
    test
  11. vandalism

vandalism the king

they ain't on the same label, thats the point. and shit even if they were y'all overestimate the power artists have, the labels are 95% in charge of these dudes, look how pissed 50 got last year when he realized Jimmy Iovine ultimately had complete control over him

if a quadruple-platinum artist went to Interscope and told them to shut down a triple-platinum artist, they'd tell him he's got a legally binding contract forcing him to make 3 more albums, and to shut the fuck up
    test
  12. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

even when eminem is recording retarded songs like my first single, ass like that, whatever, hes still lyrically better than lil wayne, he flows better than lil wayne and displays more talent than lil wayne. id rather hear a joke song like just lose it, than lollipop. lil wayne takes sick beats, and pretty nice hooks, and ruins them with his rapping.

then that artist makes the 3 shittiest albums of his life, big whoop.
    test
  13. vandalism

vandalism the king

lol, man if you think artists have more power than the labels because they can make shit music, then aight homie
    test
  14. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

T.a.C is an idiot.
    That's all.
    test
  15. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

oh good one. i swear. you are so original, and so funny. did you come up with that on your own? do you have a ghost writer?
    test
  16. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

The Dirty Dozen
    [NASTY] [T.a.C] [Ciber] [Ace The Prophet] [Demi-God] [NOBLE SOLDIER]
    [ShadowWarriorfs] [.Carleh.] [straight_evil] [Shellyshell] [MissTique] [C-Money]

lol
    test
  17. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

^you're existance

lol
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Yeah, but you act like Eminem and 50 Cent were the only "big rappers". It was after they went at Em that they really started folding.

And again, I still think Eminem has more power in the music industry. You can be on separate labels and still cause problems because you have to realize, labels at the end of the day work with each other. Collaborations, touring, and more... At the end of the day, the bigger artist can shut down a smaller artist or make it much more difficult for them to release their product.

If you don't remember, it was to the point where 50 was threatening to buy out Jada and Style's contracts from Diddy and shut them down completely. Look at the history. ARTISTS HAVE BEEN BLACKBALLED SOOOOO MANY TIMES.
    test
  19. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Sorry... We're not talking about a "quadruple platinum" selling artist. We're talking about a rapper who went near diamond twice. ENCORE SOLD 5 MILLION and that was Eminem's worst album. Wayne hasn't even come within a 100 mile radius of that. He sold over a mill with this album in the first week and is at like 3 mill... Be f'real. MMLP and Eminem Show both did NEAR diamond and was going platinum all across the world.

Wayne does not have that power. I'm sorry. Em with his buzz being low is still going to do more than Wayne's last album and for Wayne, those were considered incredible numbers.

Do we need to remember what Eminem was doing at one point? Do you remember that when 8 Mile Soundtrack came out, he had the number 1 sound track in the country... The number 1 movie. And he had the number 3 album also, I believe (with Eminem Show). Eminem is a business... Wayne is not there yet. He's doin' well, but not Eminem-level. Not yet and hopefully not ever.....

I think you're downplaying Eminem's credentials in what he's done as a music artist and for the music industry. Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine have been quoted saying that Eminem's Shady/Records carried the music industry at one point. This is almost becoming disrespectful.

I used to be a HUGE Em fan and I don't even feel his shit anymore. I'm worried this upcoming album is gonna be wack too... But to compare Wayne's power in the industry to Em's is naive.

The label's aren't going to forget everything Eminem did in the last 10 years.
    test
  20. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

em wayne and 50 are rich made millionares who are on the net stittin up lies, rumours, beefs, to keep they name alive....yall are idiots...hiphop rules...rap is foreva...UNTIL THE END OF TIME!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.