Eminem> Jay-z... deal with it

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

jay da illest alive, em lands on my top 5 dead or alive tho.
    test
  2. all KillaH

all KillaH New Member

he mentions drugs in almost each of those tracks if i'm not mistaken maybe not in bonnie & clyde and role model

just don't give a fuck, role model, my name is, cum on everybody, i'm shady, as the world turns, & still don't give a fuck are all on the same topic if you think otherwise you're fucking retarded he doesn't stick to one topic at all he just is on some fucking around shit

you're a stan just admit it kid, you're the same kid that dickrides copywrite lmao you have no clue how to judge a rapper

eminems voice is horrible, his flow is good, but his delivery is annoying as hell especially when he trys to sound hard it doesn't work when dude doesn't have any bass in his voice

if you break it down to flow, delivery, & voice all the technical aspects of rapping Jay-Z makes eminem look like dogshit in comparison, plus add his versatality (eminem flows the same on most of his tracks on each album, he may change his flow up from album to album but on each album he flows each track the same unless hes yelling then his flows off lmao) jay's no slacker with lyrics either D'evils > Anything on SSLP or MMLP
    test
  3. -Paper Chase-

-Paper Chase- alwaysgotberrybluetoblow

i'm assuming you mistaked him for me talking about dick riding Copywrite..lol...Copys my fav rapper besides Jay Z its my opinion haha it aint that serious..as if my supposed 'dick riding' of Copy has any significance to what i know about hiphop..whatever man..you gotta remember its all opinion i dont agree wit some shit you say but i dont flame you for it

as far as the arguement..in his prime Eminem was a crazy lyricist..no doubt about that..but he could never touch Jigga
    test
  4. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

you guys do realise that the term GOAT is completely subjective right? you can't really prove, with facts, that someone is the greatest emcee...it's all a matter of opinion

and no matter how many people agree with you, there will be those that don't...some of you apparently have a hard time understanding that

personally i don't think there is a GOAT, sure Eminem is one of the greatest i've ever heard to touch a microphone but i feel Jay-Z is too...personally, in terms of impact on hip hop, i think Jay-Z had a larger impact...just my $0.02
    test
  5. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Good post. Also a good argument. What better jay-z song to bring up than D'evils? I bump that song nonstop, but I have to disagree with you about it being better than every song on MMLP and SSLP. "Rock Bottom" is much better lyrically for example.

As far as Jay-z's flow, like I said before, it hasn't been good since vol. 3. I know that slower rapping doesn't mean worse flow, in many of jay's songs it sounds like he can't even keep up with the beat. "Moment of Clarity" is a prime example.
    Em's flow and delivery are much better.

Anyways... as far as content, Jay just seems like he'll only say what is acceptable to the public (rapmusic listeners) which gets a little boring, which is the main difference between him and the other "Greats" of rapmusic.
    test
  6. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

i am a person who drinks and takes drugs and have a sick mind and love the idea of expressing my feelings through songs even if i cant do them killing for example.. this is why eminem appeals to me.
    test
  7. all KillaH

all KillaH New Member

nah this dude does too, and it holds alot of weight to why dude likes eminem more, copywrites alot similar to eminem, horrible voice, rarely any content, & subpar flow most of the time

its nothing about intelligence but if a dude likes copywrite hes most likely goign to say eminem is better

and if a dude thinks copywrite is garbage or mediocre and sounds like a pissed off jew they're going to say jay-z is better

its just how dudes judge music the only idea of lyricism in most of these idiots minds is how many words they rhyme cause besides that there is no way in any aspect of rapping eminem is better

how is rock bottom better lyrically? cause he rhymes more syllables?, you've got the intelligence of a dried piece of dogshit, d'evils is alot more complex lyrically in every aspect besides rhyme scheme even the title is more complex lmao
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I think you're COMPLETELY ignorant and bias in this entire post..... Voice is subjective..... Some people like his voice... There's no way you can CLEARLY STATE HIS VOICE IS BAD cuz one person could like his voice 'n another can't... And Em's flow bein' subpar is just as ignorant as a statement as you can make... Em has top 5 DELIVERY (which flow is included in) EVER... His versatility and what he can do with his voice 'n fluctuate with whatever beat is phenomenal... He does things rappers don't even imagine doin'.... And his timing is near flawless since MMLP... (there were flaws on the SSLP)

and who the fuck said Copywrite sounds like a Jew? WTF? There's somethin' called catelogue, wordplay, visual rhyming, parallels, satire, flow (which is timing), delivery, content, and more... If you wanna say Em's content is subpar, Hov's is sub-subpar

You're fuckin' dumb......... PERIOD

And if you don't see the skill Copywrite has, you're truly an idiot... Even your man Jay said Copywrite was nasty after he won the Roc the Mic battle.......

Get the fuck outta here.....
    test
  9. THEDONN- closed

Em Is That Dude, But I Like Jay Betta, But I Fucks Wit 3 Albums Hard From Em, All His Shit Raw On Eveyr Album, Fuck Encore,,,,but I Know Like All 8 Jay Albums By Heart, Only One I Hardly Bump Is Blueprint 2
    test
  10. all KillaH

all KillaH New Member

copywrite has a lisp/speech impediment, and his breath control is horrible peep his new mixtape if you don't believe me, he can write cool punchlines and rhyme schemes but he doesn't have any appeal whatsoever and his shit-talk lyrics don't work too well when a 150 lb computer nerd knocked him out

you just have a simple taste in music

and to the idiot saying about jay not saying out of the ordinary or anything listeners wouldn't like to hear eminem just does that for shock value too help stir up controversy and sell records, same reason no-name rappers diss famous rappers he didn't even originate that shit cage and chino xl have been doing shit similar for years before eminem
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I don't hear that "lisp/speech impediment" but I do think his delivery fell off on the next mixtape on a lotta the tracks (even tho' OHIO was FIRE!!!)

Eminem does it wayyyyyyyyyy better than Cage or Chino XL....... But as I said a million times in this thread, Hov is SICK! Both are sick... Em's just on another level from everyone when he was in his prime.......
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

And how the fuck do I have "simple taste in music"? You don't even know who I listen to... Get the fuck outta here wit that nonsense.......
    test
  13. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

what a moron. First of all rhyme scheme is an important factor in deciding how good a song is lyrically, and you're right, the rhyme scheme is better.

also, in Rock Bottom Em stays closer to the topic making the song feel more complete. In D'Evils Jay jumps around a bit subject wise, which isn't that much of a bad thing, but it feels like the 3 verses don't connect as well as the verses from Rock Bottom.

Also, Em's flow and delivery are much more on point with the beat.

At least Eminem cares enough about his music to make it more interesting to listen to. Whens the last time Jay-z did something innovate and different?
    test
  14. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Dr. Blacklung: "its just how dudes judge music the only idea of lyricism in most of these idiots minds is how many words they rhyme cause besides that there is no way in any aspect of rapping eminem is better"

thats bullshit. Jay-z could never tell a story as good as 97 bonnie and Clyde or Stan

he could never make a song that is lyrically as good as infinite, Rabbit Run or Em's verse on 3ree6ix5ive

he couldn't make a song that has more passion than "Cleanin Out my Closet, Sing For the Moment, Kim, or The Way I am.

he couldn't make songs as entertaining as My Band, Criminal, or The Real Slim Shady

Back in the day, jay used to have good flow, but right now, he couldn't flow better than Em on "I'll Hurt You" or "We Aint"

face it. You probably like Jay better but there is no way you can prove he's a better rapper than Em. There are tons of other songs I could list that merk Jay in those areas.
    test
  15. THEDONN- closed

^its Not Even About Jay Cant Do Whut Em Can,,,they Are Both Different Yo!
    test
  16. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

infinite is a bunch of gaarbage multis

but eminem still better then jay-z
    test
  17. Mind_Control_D

Mind_Control_D Detroits_Own

truest shit spoken in thread...niggas in point, CLOSE THREAD
    test
  18. all KillaH

all KillaH New Member

are you retarded? you know how many trends jay-z created in hip hop? damn near every one

rhyme scheme isn't a big factor at all, eminems rhyme scheme isn't even that complex or impressive peep kool g rap, big pun, or grafh if you wanna hear creative rhyme schemes

rhyme scheme is even less of a factor when its executed poorly and you can tell their wording bullshit just to make it rhyme forcing multis and shit like eminem did in rock bottom

you're just a stan kiddo you obviously don't know shit about rap and probably started listening to it after eminem came out, you didn't make any valid arguments at all

the only reason you think eminem is better is because he uses more "multis" haha what a fucking geek

if thats the case Kool G Rap shits on any rapper you've ever played in your stereo cause i've never heard a dude as consistant and creative with rhyme schemes as him
    test
  19. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

^^kool g rap is weak in everey other aspect

eminem is the greatest
    test
  20. all KillaH

all KillaH New Member

kool g's voice, delivery, & flow are ill, you're a retarded jew if you think otherwise

the only complaint you could make is he punches in alot, which alot of emcees do (bone thugs hasn't ever done a track without punching in at least 10 times)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.