Eminem> Jay-z... deal with it

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I already posted this in the jay-z living legend thread, but

Eminem in his prime (as far as albums) (Infinite- Eminem Show- 7 years)>>>>>>
    Jay-z in his prime (Reasonable Doubt-Vol. 3- about 4 years)

Eminem> Jay-z
    test
  2. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Why are albums your only criterion?
    test
  3. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

Eminem is the GOAT....yup....I know everyone is going to hate but oh well, fuck'em...

And I normally don't talk about GOAT's and shit because it's hard to determine that seein' as though everyone like what they like, to each his own.....but if I had to pick....

it's either

Pac/Eminem
    test
  4. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

test
  5. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Em is the GOAT... In his prime, greatest MC I've ever heard 'n I ain't white 'n I've been listenin' to hip hop since '89......................
    test
  6. fcuk

fcuk New Member

i disagree.
    test
  7. L.R.G

L.R.G Lookin Real Good

how can you even compare?

eminem has a comical style and jay has a serious style. only thing i think they have in common is they are both very lyrical n are sick wit the multis. but they both use em different
    test
  8. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

excellent point.
    test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

What are you talkin' about? Em's comical? Are you just listenin' to his singles or what? Marshall Mathers LP and Eminem Show were comical? Slim Shady LP (which was his most "comical album") was all comical? Bad Meets Evil or Just Don't Give a Fuck or Still Don't Give a Fuck or Role Model or '97 Bonnie and Clyde were "comical?

What are you listenin' to? Em has tracks that are 10000000x more "serious" than Hov's most "serious" track..... You must be crazy.....

And Hov's pretty good wit the multis but he's NOWHERE in Em's league with them.... But Hov is sick as fuck... I'm not takin' anything away from him... Em's just the GOAT (IN HIS PRIME!)
    test
  10. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

This whole GOAT thing is hard enough to take coming from L.L. but at least he has the resume to deserve it. Eminem is the greatest....where is this really coming from? No one.....I repeat no one in the hood has Eminem on their radar. He does not speak to them the way many other rappers do. How can someone be considered the greatest when he can't reach the core audience. The radio plays his music so much that they listen to some of his catchy songs but Em ain't played at no house or block parties, strip clubs, bars, clubs in the hood. Now you can argue that that isn't the core audience but then you would have already lost.
    test
  11. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

Eminem = GOAT only if you judge rappers by reading the text versions of their lyrics and counting up how many multi's and lyrical devices they use.

If you judge rappers by that AND flow, voice and the actual songs they make, Eminem is good but far from GOAT. There is no single Eminem album outside of the Marshall Mathers LP thats as good as any Jay-Z album.
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

WTF? Since when did you have to have club hits or hood hits to be a great MC? So since 50 Cent reaches the house/block parties, strip clubs, bars, 'n clubs in the hood, that makes him a greater MC than Em? Get the fuck outta here....

And since when was "popularity with the 'core audience'" apart of what defines how great of an MC you are? So since Tim Duncan isn't so "POPULAR" with most basketball fans, does that take away the fact that he's one of the greatest power forwards to ever play the game? Get outta here....

Em, on straight skill 'n music is the GOAT in his prime....... And you talk about Em not reachin' the hood but someone who IS from the hood and IS one of the greatest MC's of all-time even says Em would be the Ali of rap if he was black but he doesn't get that recognition cuz he's white... RAKIM said that.... One of the Godfathers of rap............ Redman said Em's one of the nicest cats he's ever heard.... Game said this... Busta Rhymes said this.... Common Sense said Em's nasty........ Mos Def said Em's nasty........... Nate Dogg said Em's nasty....... MC Juice said Em's nasty...... Royce said Em was the greatest lyricist on the planet DURING THE BEEF WITH EM 'N D12....

A lotta those guys on that list are hood cats.... And are rappers who would know more about what it takes to be a lyricist 'n rapper than some cat sittin' around in the hood...............
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

And no, if you go by "just text", Sage Francis is the GOAT......

Em's flow is ridiculous and so is his voice.... What he can do with his delivery is ALMOST as flexible as what Pharoahe Monch and Tech N9ne can do and those are the two illest deliveries I've heard in my life..... And I disagree... Eminem Show, Marshall Mathers LP, AND Slim Shady LP are as ill (if not iller) than almost every Hov album.... AND I'M A HUGE HOV FAN!
    test
  14. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

Stop getting your hip hop from MTV. Rap is from the hood and for the hood. If you are not on the radar there then you can't be considered the GOAT. Why would you co-sign the main stream, cross over segment to judge hip hop?
    test
  15. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

WTF are you talkin' about "gettin' my hip hop from MTV"? I've been listenin' to hip hop since 1989 (since I was 4 years old) livin' in Queens in NY... Are u fuckin' serious? I'm a straight hip hopper... Get the fuck outta here wit that nonsense....

Read my post....... Those are MC's (some are even some of the elite to EVER spit) and they're almost all from the hood... What are u gettin' at?
    test
  16. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

You just pulled your own card. Why would you give your bio? "hip hopper"? None of what you just said addresses my point about Em not being the GOAT.
    test
  17. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

There is nothing wrong with Eminem but you guys speak about his greatness with such concrete claims. Greatest.....out of D/12...sure. One Aftermath....ok. Of all time. Marshall Mathers was his only "posible" classic. The whole better than Jay thing is goofy at best. The Black album which is not even Jay's top two albums is better than all of Em's cd's excpet Marhsall Mathers...and I would even say it's better than that. You have this formula for rating rappers that is not based on anything factual. Maybe we are just slow. What system do you use to rank rappers? If Em is one who is 2,3,4,5? What criteria goes into this formula?
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Pulled my own card? WTF's that gotta do with anything? You said anybody from the "hood" this and hood that and that I get my hip hop from MTV... I proved u wrong... What card was pulled? That shit just made no sense.....
    test
  19. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

You're a joke... Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP, and Eminem Show.....

And it is CONCRETE that Em is a better MC..... Every lyrical aspect of writing, Em has Hov beat... His delivery is WAYYYYYYYY more flexible as well....

I'm not sure about 2 or 3 right now cuz they just dropped wack mixtapes of late but I know 4 for me in concrete is Pharoahe Monch....... Maybe he just moved up wit the wackness of late but I know it's Em, a slight decline, Pharoahe, 'n then a whole buncha MC's fit right behind him.......
    test
  20. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

Naw it does. You gave your bio....that ain't hood........you said "hip hopper" that ain't hood. It's ok to be from the burbs. It's real quiet right? Don't hide from the truth, embrace it. Stop actin' like your someone that you aren't.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.