Eminem is G.O.A.T.

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by IF@KINGHATEU, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge New Member

Not real hip hop headz like me.

Then, on Infinite, Em spitted way iller rhymes.
    Lyricly, Infinite is one of the dopest album of all time but beats are average.
    test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I just said that....

test
  3. Butch Coolidge

EM's flow was ok on Infinite.
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

his flow was EHHH and his delivery was bad.... there's a difference between delivery and flow.......... remember?
    test
  5. Butch Coolidge

Explain your point
    test
  6. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Flow = rythm: the syllable placement along a drum line, and the way you syncopate your words to alter your timing over a beat

Delivery = the emotion, tones, and changes in your voice that you use to give your lyrics and flow more impact and resonance

Some people ride a beat with perfect rythm and timing, but they have no emotion or personality in their voice. Some people have a really booming delivery and vocal approach, but they don't have a very fluid flow.

Canibus, for example, has a weak delivery, but he plods over a beat pretty smoothely sometimes... but the lack of animation or change in his cadence makes him sound robotic and monotonous to where unless you concioussly follow his rhyme scheme you won't really hear how he's hittin' the beat. Chino XL gets all hype and crazy with his voice sometimes, but he's on and offbeat with his flow and crunches words into a bar to where none of the syllables are really hitting any of the drum patterns. Which makes him sound into what he's spittin, but not really into the beat he's spittin on.
    test
  7. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

I don't know about AND, but that's my take on it.
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ hit it with the fat part of the bat...

it's goin'........ goin'

GONE!!!

Homerun......
    test
  9. Cri

Cri aerial wolf hunter

Id say its easily debatable that Em is the GOAT, Ive thought he was at times. His first 3 albums were all ridiculous, and then that 8 mile shit oh my god. Hes probably the best ever with words. With rhymes. Hes versatile as fuck unlike a lot of cats who get goat mentions. People consider Jay-Z the goat. So how is Em not gonna get goat consideration. Jay-Z? dope as fuck but pretty 1d, horrible catalogue (2 classics and a bunch of garb) not a great writer by any stretch, yet he still gets hyped. Em does it all well, drops one bad album and "he fell off."

Nas
    Em
    Jay

and yeah, Infinite was dope too, some cases of going overboard w/ the multies but after that album, he wrapped everything up nicely and kept on topic.
    test
  10. Butch Coolidge

I was sarcastlc mayn.

* why is the word sarcastlc censored?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.