Eminem is G.O.A.T.

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by IF@KINGHATEU, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

Eminem is a really good rapper. Thats all.
    test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ sorry, disagree................
    test
  3. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge New Member

CONTENT IS A SUBJECTIVE THING.

CONTENT have to be cohesive but that's all.
    test
  4. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

^^^Rhyme schemes are subjective too...

What makes a 6 syllable multi on the end of two lines, better than a 3 syllable multi on the end with another 3 syllable multi in the middle that inter-rhymes with another? What makes a really long multi in one bar, better than one short multi that is carried for the entire length of a verse?

They're impressive in different ways, and the rhyme scheme on one Eminem verse will vary from the next... he may carry a rhyme for an entire verse, or he may just carry it for a few bars. He may have alot of interrhyming in one verse, and not so much in the next. So what makes one better than the other in an objective sense?
    test
  5. Butch Coolidge

Every examples you gave are parts of lyricsm.
    Make rhyme six syllables multi is still better than makin rhyme one or 2 syllables.

That's obective.

After, the most complex the better.
    test
  6. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

The content is what makes Eminem's verse on Dead Wrong better than his 2nd verse on Open Mic even though they're both complex. So what part is objective?
    test
  7. dj battle cry

dj battle cry Active Member

he's the 2nd greatest ever, you're right he's not the goat, but he's the greatest alive. im white as fuck anmd i will sit here and tell you aint nobody touchin' him that's alive and breathing and i bet i could school your ass on hip hop history. im tired of the racial shit, get a life you homo.
    test
  8. Butch Coolidge

Nah, YOU PREFER DEAD WRONG's content but objectively you can't proove it's better.

Reason why his verse on Dead Wrond is better is the way he flowed on it...It was crazy dude.
    test
  9. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

It's more complex to rhyme two seperate multis in one bar and make it cohesive than it is to rhyme on multi at the end.
    test
  10. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

I burned a copy of Infinite for my friend Aaron... I hate his flow on Infinite, but my friend Aaron thinks his flow on the album is insane.
    test
  11. dj battle cry

dj battle cry Active Member

^it'sa all opinion, thats what people need to realize
    test
  12. Butch Coolidge

I know somebody who think Guru's flow is insane...

SO what?

Em's flow on Dead Wrong is way more technical than in that Open Mic shit...C'mon, the man learned how to use his voice (crescendo/decrescendo) and learned how to spit differently over the same verse...

C'mon.
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

obviously, content... it's half 'n half... content matters just as much as multi's but they go hand in hand... to be elite or one of the greatest, you need both... then you need a flow, beats, great overall albums, and more....
    test
  14. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I agree with this too but flow has a lot to do with how it's written... the more words, the less pauses and the less pauses, the iller the rapid flow sounds, and the iller the rapid flows, the more vicious it sounds.... plus, his delivery progressed sooooooo much... his flow on Infinite was VERY shaky and, even though it got better, it was shaky on SSLP too (he even admitted this)....

and this depends on HOW BIG THE MULTI AT THE END IS... and what's most important is, can the MC stay on topic while doin' this? That's why Em's the best at multi's cuz he can stay on topic rhymin' 4-10 syllables at the end of a bar with inner bar patterns and complex rhyme schemes.... Lose Yourself and 'Til I Collapse are prime examples.... so is Renagade....

and yes, inner bar patterns are just as dope as multis and so are complex rhyme schemes.... Em's ill at all of 'em
    test
  15. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

^I agree, I'm just pointing out that trhere's so many different ways to have a dope rhyme scheme that it's something completely subjective too, just 'cause Butch always thinks his criteria for judging an MC is objective - flow and **********. A complex rhyme scheme is jack shit without cohesive content and fluent, natural wording/dialogue to back it up.

"how now brown cow" is a multi. It's not dope.

"I constantly slaughter wallabees properly//and awkwardly pause with my slovenly robberies" is a syllabically complex multi. It's not dope.

Just like how content isn't worth much without the ability to rhyme sick, come up with interesting wordplay... or at the very least, flow like crazy.

Flow is also subjective... generally, most MC's are onbeat but everyone rides the beat with their delivery in a different way.
    test
  16. BreezyH2O

BreezyH2O New Member

^^great, great point , i wanted to explain that but didnt want to waste my time arguing about it.... bottom line is you can create the best and most complex and ingenious rhyme scheme ever but if you dont have anything legitimate to say with it, then what good is it?
    test
  17. Butch Coolidge

It's not complex at all.

Like that line on Infinite:

"And eases you mentally, gently, sentimentally, instrumentally
    With entity, dementedly meant to be Infinite"

That's not complex at all.
    test
  18. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

- "wa-lla-bees-pro-per-ly//slo-ven-ly-ro-bber-ies" - that's 6 syllables
    - and then "con-stant-ly//aw-kward-ly" rhyme on their own with 3 syllables...

I'm just pointing out that you can make a complex rhyme scheme, but what you say is what makes it good because without cohesive content and something you can subjectively interpret as good or bad it's nothing but nonsense and gibberish. Like the line from Inite you posted... then again, some people think that's dope and think that Infinite is his best album.
    test
  19. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^ certain tracks on Infinite are as lyrical as any verses written but his flow/delivery killed it and the bullshit syllable rhymin' verses..........
    test
  20. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Yeah, some if it is dope. It's still a decent album... better than alot of shit, but people act like it's on the same level or better than SSLP/MMLP, or something like Capital Punishment. It wasn't just his flow, delivery, and production that makes the album kind of weak... it was all the forced multi's too. He went from 2 or 3 mics to a 5 mic MC with the SSEP.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.