Eminem is G.O.A.T.

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by IF@KINGHATEU, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dee1R

Dee1R New Member

test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

if you take pieces of peoples styles and combine 'em to make your own style, it's still your own style dumbass.... so EVERY EMCEE THAT RHYMES MULTI'S BITES FROM RAKIM AND BIG DADDY KANE... dumbass muh'fucka... you're obviously too ignorant to realize that it's not biting if you are creatin' your own style with what you've learned... then everyone that wears a white tee must be biting from the first person that wore a white tee... hahaha... c'mon man, get serious

and you don't owe the money back if you get dropped... it's like bein' on a sports team and you got a lump sum of money (advance like in music) and then you get dropped from the team for bad performance... you don't owe the money back... I read into all this young'n

you're ignorance shows that you're ignorant... end of story

AND -1-
    test
  3. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

pac is da goat, but its all jus opinions!

everybody shows pac love

dude died so young but accomplished so much, dude wuz smart as fuckk

eevrybody got pac in him

pac=goat 4 life
    test
  4. Dee1R

Dee1R New Member

you gotta be a bitch to keep on going back and forth with this tit for tat shit, damn only bitches do that sorta thing come on give it up nobody in the industry cares about the shit you studied how you bite or whatever you use to cover up the fact that you are biting, thats the problem with you dumb ass youngstas thinking they know every damn thing when its the opposite you damn fool, what in the hell kind of sense does it make for someone to just give you a million dollars to do a job fire you and then tell you oh you dont owe us anything wrong you dumb ass you are going to pay that money back someway and you aint getting a free walk it does not work like that and slap whoever told you that, no no matter of fact I hope your dumb ass gets signed and you flop so you can see just how much its going to cost you, matter of fact can I get a music link or something I may be able to hook you up with a dead end deal or better yet a tax write off as the bigger labels call it, boy stay off the damn internet its polluting your mind learn the biz for real than come and hollar at me wooooo, I tell ya I bet you aint even released an album yet hunh
    test
  5. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

you gotta be a moron for arguin' with them wack ass rebuttals... and you seem to care enough to keep respondin'.... and once again, if you think that's bitin', you're a COMPLETE MORON.... DUMBASS, it happens in sports all the time... I read into this shit (I say it again)... If a label drops you after givin' you a big advance, you're no longer obligated to pay that advance back... It's like a job hired you and sent you overseas to go work in another country and you get fired... You don't owe the job/business back for sendin' you to another country and providin' with the means to live... Once again, it also happens in sports... a player gets signed and gets a HUGE ADVANCE and then gets dropped... He doesn't owe a penny of that money back from the advance... The only way he owes that money back is if he refuses to play and they want 'em too... That's why Ricky Williams and Barry Sanders owed their teams back money... Meanwhile, any player that gets cut gets to keep the entire advance.... You don't get shit back for it... THAT'S A FACT... And you do owe the money back if you remain on the label, which most labels do (keep you) in order to force you to pay it back... How many times you hear a rapper signed to a label with a big buzz and nice advance and just get dropped!??!?! IT NEVER HAPPENS... cuz then they don't owe the money back... They'll keep 'em on the downlow and force 'em to pay it back....

And dumbass, I'm not reading these facts on the internet... there's books out and I got into some of it... There's dozens of books you can read to get an idea of how the industry works and I'm readin' a few of 'em in order to find out how some of the shit works so I don't get screwed... We'll see... just watch for AND... that's all I'm sayin'... I got connects in the game (beleve me or not) and we'll see what happens from there... my actions gonna prove everything... I'm not gonna even go into detail of what I'm doin'... AND -1-
    test
  6. Prominance

Prominance I'm Blacker, Trust Me

Eyo, and, points taking, u make a good argument about his lyrical content. But I do not put his lyrical content above Mos Def, even though his flow and delivery and rhyme scheme are close to flawless at his best (which aint all the time). But overall, I would take Mos Def over Em any day when talking the music as a whole.

And its good to be optimistic bro, you got any tracks u wanna share? Cuz I just dont see any rm.com cat making it in the industry. Its never happened and I do not think it ever will.
    test
  7. strykeback24

strykeback24 Leader

I agree yo!
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I'm not a rapmusic.com MC whatsoever... I do my shit completely in the REAL WORLD... I come here when I'm at work cuz I got nuttin' else to do and it keeps my mind fresh and updated in the hip hop world.... Plus it keeps me from dyin' of boredom... No tracks are gonna be leaked onto the net whatsoever until I feel it's time... time for me is when I'm gonna REALLY make my push but watch... I'ma gonna AT LEAST make a strong showin' in the underground but we'll see... jus' watch for AND.... I got connects throughout the game and I'm gonna be finished with a demo by the end of the summer

oh yeah, and as far as Mos Def... he's ill but he's half as lyrical (technical rhyming) as Em but he's still a DOPE ASS MC... He's definitely in my top 10-15 (not exactly sure where) but I didn't feel his last album much
    test
  9. rennaslam

rennaslam Reality Check

In all reality YOU'RE RIGHT!.....not right about Em being the greatest, but NOBODY fucks with Em at his best. Your preferences of subject matter aside, this dude can spit like no other when he's really motivated. And let's not get into why or why he may not be motivated at this point in his career. That's not for us to figure out and it doesn't matter anyway because he already made his mark, undeniably. I completely love this culture, have studied what came before my time and have given unbiased respect anywhere it has EVER been due. I don't think that anyone is G.O.A.T simply because most MC's are too different to compare to each other. It's like Nas and Jay. The reason for all the arguing is simply that BOTH are just as good as one another.....just in different ways. I've always said this: Nas can't do what Jay can do BUT Jay can't do what Nas does either. They're whole approach at this rap shit is SO different than one another's that it is simply impossible to figure out which one is better. KNOW WHY??? Because "better" could mean something completely different to you than it does to me. There are thousands of respectable critics out there who all have different ideas of what "the best" really means or what makes someone that. Really, the whole G.O.A.T. thing isn't even logical unless there is a technical way, set by law, to judge the talent of an MC. BACK TO EMINEM.....I believe that he is one of the best MC's to EVER touch a mic and my opinion is valid, unlike some people's. See, I'm not your average white hiphop fan. I've been stuck on this rap shit since I was 9 years old and I'm 24 now. I'm no dummy when it comes to knowing my shit about this culture and all of it's subcultures. Don't just toss people into that pool of idiotic, shallow-minded white kids who could care less about what makes an MC good or bad. I know there are dudes who listen to Em ONLY because he's white. Those types are my worst enemy because they make guys like myself seem as if our opinions are just as worthless as theirs. I base everything on reality. Try it. Using logic is quite necessary for the development of an unbiased opinion. GOAT this, GOAT that......blah blah blah. Who gives a fuck. Nothing anyone says on this board will ever be COMPLETELY agreed upon by all and it's too hard to figure out who's opinions are credible and who's aren't. SO.....all this discussion is meaningless. Eminem is vicious when it comes to spittin' and that is just a solid fact. Hate him for whatever reason you can find, but make sure your reason is logical and has no underlying bias attached to it. Thanks for reading.
    test
  10. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ props and VERY VERY good post... but Em's still the GOAT but I understand what you're sayin'... agreein' and understand are completely different but yeah... GREAT POST ANYWAY...
    test
  11. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge New Member

Best line of your quote.

There is a GOAT man...
    test
  12. rennaslam

rennaslam Reality Check

Who do you think is the greatest? Just curious.
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

that's him speakin' of Em... there's your answer
    test
  14. BreezyH2O

BreezyH2O New Member

dammit ya'll never fail to argue over nothingness, you can damn sure be lyrical without having multi's in your verse, thats like saying scarface aint lyrical, em is not the goat, he not fuckin with dre 3000, dre 3000's concepts blow em back in time to when his mom was sober dog, come on and even though dre is my fav im not gonna say he is the goat cuz em's rhyme schemes are deadly, but %90 of the time its some outlandish shit at the end of the bar. dre excersizes literary tools that would make your college english teacher take notes. eminem says a lot of shit in his bars and its clever , but what he would say in 8 bars dre could say in 2 bars, with that being said its all in your preference, some focus more on the literary tools some focus more on the rhyme scheme. Not to mention dre does not bull shit with rap AT ALL. Point Blank period. eminem is just a funny guy to me, and yes i have all the albums, the freestyles ( that he recycled on every radio show coast to coast when asked to freestyle) , the battles, I've heard "infinite" sounds more like nas than eminem). His rhyme scheme at the time was like quantum leap in the game , but its stagnant now, its getting old to me , and wtf is he talking about now days?? he's just too fictional for me
    (my opinion) and dre3000 is the truth !!! and i agree with the poster earlier who sadi "pac is the goat 4 life" who can argue with that?
    test
  15. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge New Member

Bullshit.

Everything a rapper spit on a track could be said in one sentence...But rappers need to rhyme (more or less dopely) to express musically their thing. Real hip hop heads (me or ANDtheMC) know that a cohesive content in a complex form (rhymes schemes) is the shit.
    What Eminem does with his rhymes is INCREDIBLE and NO ONE CAN FUCK WITH IT...Then, his flow is the fuckin dopest of da game...EASILY (he plays with the sound of his own verses to use his flow...).

Like is content or not, you MUST admit he's the greatest rapper of all time.
    And 2Pac was fuckin average...He had just one flow and his rhymes were very simples...Nuff said 'bout him.

AND INFINITE IS LYRICALLY WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY BETTER THAN ILLMATIC.
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ certain tracks on Infinite had better lyrics than anything that was on Illmatic but not everything... Infinite had it's VERY weak spots too.... most of the rhymes were crazy though

and no, it's not just about rhyme schemes and complex bar structure... content is half the lyrics and the technical aspect of rhymin' is another half... both have to be good and Em may lack in content compared to Andre but his content ain't bad... his contents actually "good" (not GREAT) but in the LYRICISM ASPECT, he's the BEST... BEST and GOOD are better than Andre's VERY GOOD (content) and EHHH (LYRICALLY) so I'd take a BEST and GOOD over a VERY GOOD AND EHH.... But Andre's definitely dope..... and I don't even listen to Outkast much but you can just tell by his style
    test
  17. BreezyH2O

BreezyH2O New Member

He's not touching dre 3000, sorry!!! But, He's def one of the greatest of all time, his impact will be undiable, dre 3000 is my personal goat. I understand your points, and yalls point of view and standards are like most netcees on the web. But by my standards, dre 3000's is the goat. as far as rhyme scheme goes eminem's is unfuckwitable, but its not like he's done it all!! AS far as creativity he cant fuck wit dre 3000 on his best day. and i ADMIT his rHyme scheme is like one of, if not the best ive ever heard on the mainstream level. And i understand your standards of judging your goat, but i just dont agree. HIP HOP is a little deeper than rhyme schemes and jokes to me. BUt you got it, pimpin, everyone has a right to there opinion , and i will say you've defended yours well. (you're gonna be here forever tryna convince people that em is the goat though)
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

LOL... nice attempt at a jab at us... netcees on the web? ya'll try to classify people that think Em's nice like that so we feel ashamed to like 'em... umm... it don't work cuz one, ya'll just say it so we won't wanna defend 'em and two, who's a netcee? (NOT ME AT LEAST)

I understand what you're sayin' too but Dre just ain't lyrical enough.... the main reason he gets love from me is cuz he's one of the most creative and conceptual without even bein' conceptual... it's almost funny

Even Roses (which I happened to love but everyone around me hated) was dope because it was so conceptual but the shallow minded were like, "Roses smell like poopoo?!?!?! That's retarded..." Obviously, it was a 'lil deeper than that... He was sayin' the best lookin' girls are usually bitches (best word to describe what he meant IMO)
    test
  19. BreezyH2O

BreezyH2O New Member

my bad on the netcee thing then, but you know how most netcees are obsessed with multi's and bar structure, reagardless of content and relevence, not saying thats you and its not Em for the most part, But to most netcees i encounter, thats all that matters
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I'm not gonna lie, that is essential though... but content is just as important... and you have to stay on topic with all the multis (somethin' MOST RAPPERS can't do... IE: Papoose and Fabolous (at times))...

but I do like Andre but Em's just on another level from almost every MC I've heard when he spits with a hunger
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.