Eminem is G.O.A.T.

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by IF@KINGHATEU, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IF@KINGHATEU

IF@KINGHATEU i h8 u

I read that in another thread. You guys are fuckin white suburban kids, right? Everyone or anyone who's ever made that statment is. I'm not being racist, just trying to prove that anyone who ever said Eminem is G.O.A.T is white, from the subrubs and knows nothing of hip-hop.

Why does his color matter? Because you guys only like him because he has your same skin color, prove me wrong. Anyone who is actually black and thinks Eminem is the GOAT post here, and prove to me you are black...

(And by the way, I don't hate Eminem he was tight he just isn't G.O.A.T, and only reason it makes me mad is because I know the reason why they'd call him the best, and thats a fucked up reason.)
    test
  2. www.RapMusic.com

www.RapMusic.com New Member

test
  3. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Em's the GOAT... I'm not white... nobody is fuckin' wit 'em when he spits even somewhat hard and seriously

AND -1-
    test
  4. Krooked*k

Krooked*k That's Krook to you

anyone that says eminem is goat should

be killed

+++++++++
    test
  5. Rezor_X

Rezor_X New Member

there is no goat.

there is no top (insert number) list.
    test
  6. THERE IS NO GOAT! Unless you rate mc's using 100 different catigories / skills they bring to the game. I suggest you read Kool Moe Dee's top 50 mc's of all time book. It's an excellent rating system...

This also sounds like a racist speaking true feelings...
    test
  7. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge New Member

He is the greatest to ever touch a fuckin mic.

His flow is unfuckwithable.

Lyricly his rhyme schemes are tight as hell.
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

FLOW: one of the greatest ever
    DISCOGRAPHY: two classics and one GREAT album (SSLP AND MMLP the classics)
    PUNCHLINES: one of the greatest ever (people forget that he was one of the illest at 'em... listen to 313)
    IMPACT: one of the biggest impacts (even though it's to 'lil teen kids)
    STORY TELLING: one of the best at that... listen to Lose Yourself and tons of tracks on the SSLP
    LYRICAL: thee most lyrical MC to ever grasp a mic.... the best syllable rhymer, one of the most complex rhymes schemes, tons of inner bar patterns
    BATTLE RAPPER: one of the greatest track battle MC's... Quitter, I Remember, and Nail in the Coffin = three of the greatest diss tracks ever

nobody can claim all those... some MC's might be better at a CERTAIN ASPECT but then they're weak in another aspect... like Nas might be a better story-teller but he's not as lyrical, have the flow, or the punchlines... get it? everyone usually lacks somewhere and he really doesn't have a weak-spot aside from the corny singles he drops WHICH HE DOES INTENTIONALLY (not cuz he's wack)

I REPEAT: he's the GOAT when he "really spits"
    test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

OH YEAH, AND TO THE IGNORANT PEOPLE THAT "THINK" THEY KNOW WHAT LYRICAL MEANS AND TRY TO DOG ME FOR SAYIN' EM'S MORE LYRICAL THAN NAS... lyrical means HOW YOU RHYME... not what you talk about cuz what you talk about is content... yes, that's part of the LYRICS but bein' lyrical is bar schemes, inner bar patterns, syllable rhyming, alliteration, etc.........

anybody can talk about deep shit without knowin' how to rhyme well (IE: historians, archaeologists, philosophers, psychologists, and more)... does that make them lyrical? nah...................
    test
  10. Postyle

Postyle Male/Mail Gone Crazy

WTF does GOAT mean.... excuse my ignorance im not netcee
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

lmfao... GOAT has nuttin' to do with NETCEES... LMFAO

rappers call themselves the GOAT on tracks ALL the time..... "greatest of all-time"

shit, LL had an album called GOAT
    test
  12. Stab_Masta_Arson

Stab_Masta_Arson New Member

wow are you ever stupid lyrics, lyrics dont mean how you rhyme, lyrics are the words to a song, which is unlrelated to rhyme scheme. you can have a great rhyme scheme but have lyrics that are ass. great example: most songs on eminems newest album.
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

are you stupid? lyrics are how you write your rhymes... what you talk about is content... do I have to repeat myself again? bein' lyrical means how you're puttin' the words together... not what you're talkin' about

so once again, if historians, archaeologists, philosophers, psychologists, or someone of that nature speaks about some DEEP ass philosophical shit that changes your life, that makes 'em lyrical!?!?! no... so the poem (which is apart of the "lyrics") in Corners was lyrical cuz it was on some deep shit? nooo... it's HOW YOU WRITE YOUR RHYMES or lyrics which is how you are defined as LYRICAL
    test
  14. Butch Coolidge

WORD

Agreed 100%.
    test
  15. Stab_Masta_Arson

lyr·ic ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lrk)
    adj.

Of or relating to a category of poetry that expresses subjective thoughts and feelings, often in a songlike style or form.
    Relating to or constituting a poem in this category, such as a sonnet or an ode.
    Of or relating to a writer of poems in this category.
    Lyrical.
    Music.
    Having a singing voice of light volume and modest range.
    Of, relating to, or being musical drama, especially opera: the lyric stage.
    Having a pleasing succession of sounds; melodious.
    Of or relating to the lyre or harp.
    Appropriate for accompaniment by the lyre.

n.
    A lyric poem.
    Music. The words of a song. Often used in the plural.

content and rhyme scheme are both parts of lyrics.
    test
  16. Stab_Masta_Arson

and seriously if you honestly believe eminem is the goat youre proably not old enough to buy liquor, probably cigarettes either. eventually, youll either gain more understanding of the culture of hip hop and change your mind or go back to listening to whatever it was you were listening to before eminem first came out.
    test
  17. Butch Coolidge

Except the fact rhymes must give a cohesive content, the lyrical=rhymes, punchlines.

Content is subjective
    Rhymes and content's cohesion are OBJECTIVE things.
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I can't get liquor yet nor even plan to drink but I am 20 and have listened to hip hop since I was 4 years old... I think 16 years of hip hop is plenty..... and I've studied lyricism for 'bout 7 years now......

and of course that's the definition of LYRICS... bein' LYRICAL is an adjective... and to BE LYRICAL AS AN MC, you need to have those technical skills... YOU CAN MAKE A SONG WITH ASSSSSSSSSSSS CONTENT and still be lyrical... YOU'RE WRONG...
    test
  19. Stab_Masta_Arson

exacltly, therefore you can have a great rhyme scheme but have lyrics that are not saying shit.

therefore youre not lyrical youre just a talanted wordsmith.

im not saying eminem isnt a good lyricist im just saying hes not on nas' level lyricaly even though he might have a better rhyme scheme and more multis.
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

LMFAO @ talented "wordsmith"... A WORDSMITH COULDN'T BE A "WORDSMITH" without bein' LYRICAL........ and Em's on another level from Nas "lyrically"...............
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.