Eminem - Berzerk

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by OutLaw613, Aug 26, 2013.

1. OutLaw613

OutLaw613 Well-Known Member

^^

people told him relapse was trash that would fuck me up to...

For real though it's ALL about content with em. Back in his hay day em was the most controversial figure to hit the industry, one of the most hungriest and most talented period.

we aint it in that time no more how can you expect him to sound the same i dont understand why people are mad or depressed.. fuck his daughters grown rich and set for life..

I think em is just as talented as he ever was from a technical standpoint.

he's a fantastic writer that has lost his inspiration.. It seems these days he makes cds to keep from going stir crazy
    test
  2. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Yeah, in interviews and songs he legitimately sounds like the kind of guy that needs to record music.
    test
  3. OutLaw613

OutLaw613 Well-Known Member

Don't care what anyone says you ask em to paint a a picture with words and he'll rip 98% of the industry.. These days he's having trouble figuring out what to paint.. He needs direction and a proper environment. When he was on the set of 8 mile he wrote loose yourself in the height of everything... Now he's in his basement...

Many of his close friends say all he does is write. After hearing that leaked proof tribute that never was supposed to drop and comparing it to the one that actually did drop it makes me really wonder how much more is out there. If that's the case why doesn't em have 300+ mixtapes raw unfiltered shit?

His whole situation is to complicated for me to speculate on em is a legend period. I think he's still capable of making great songs not necessarily albums, and yet I still wait in anticipation
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    test
  4. koolbreeze1981

koolbreeze1981 Member

Not feeling the single, but still looking forward to the album.
    test
  5. Dj Khaled Sucks

Dj Khaled Sucks Active Member

Not feeling it.

Beat feels like a rehashed version of 99 Problems.
    test
  6. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

I do not believe selling records is his main drive....
    Word I agree....I also feel like dude is trying too hard....It seems to become more evident that the technical aspect of his rhyming is being heavily focused on, and sounds like a bit of overcompensation for lack of direction....I don't see how anyone can really accuse him of just trying to sell records or whatever, I mean it seems obvious that is not his goal
    test
  7. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Em needs to

1. stop listening to EVERYONE (except me lol)
    2. start listening to a shit load of hip hop over time, from 1980s to 2013 and stop only listening to recent shit to decide what to put out.
    3. talk about his fucking life... (his present one)
    4. talk to Nas about how to make a good album after your mid 30s.
    5. stop the goddamn punchlines.
    test
  8. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

ask nas for his 2-3 consecutive substandard album get pass
    test
  9. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Nas has had 4 phenomenal projects in a row... dude has been unstoppable for the past few years when it comes to putting out good music.
    test
  10. Kry

Kry Willie Stylus

Nas has dropped 2 wack albums, but has also dropped dope albums in between those. Nas hasn't dropped a wack album since Street Desciple. For the most part, Nas does Nas...since 93 Nas has sounded like Nas on 90% of his shit. Em ain't sound like Em since 50 came along. He got all hyper aggressive yelling and shit on record since 50 came, then tried to go back to his old style but forgot how so he made up a stupid accent modelled after a dog puppet
    test
  11. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

I disagree. It may not be em's main drive, but he is not in full control

I think the industry is milking off em the most they can till he "retire"...as evident by the MMLP2 promos n concept
    test
  12. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

I think back in 99/2000 Em wanted the respect more than the money...n it was still unclear just how big n how much money he'd make..

once MMLP did what it did the machine clearly stepped in like we finna capitalize of Em whether movies, albums, whatever..

not to discredit Em, he's kept it raw throughout his career, but the watered down poppy shit n draaawn out career (yee i said it) is a clear sign he can't say goodbye to hollywood..
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  13. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

Em sounds like em, and the reason why I think the nas thing is so interesting is because they are both victims of the expectations their talent provided.....Nas made 2 great albums for his first 2, and then released a wack one, and then the grey area comes in to play from then on....Em made 3 great albums on his first 3, then 8 mile was great too, then encore was a let down....

I hold them both to a very high standard and am not especially impressed by mediocre albums from either of them....I don't like em yelling at all though, but that is em being em....
    test
  14. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

Em does what em wants to, there is no machine or evil industry with a gun to his head....he has anyone who works with him coming to detroit to do so, even Dre.....
    test
  15. vandalism

vandalism the king

he say that? I know what he mean but that shit was when he was nice
    test
  16. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

heard this last night, was fucking shocked.

it was the most disgusting piece of shit i've ever heard.

everybody saying welcome back slim shady, no, go back to your fucking drugs.

that's when you made the best songs, you, and every other cunt here knows this.

:numaan:
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  17. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

this.

thank you.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

"Encore I was on drugs, Relapse I was flushing em out"

hopefully different drugs
    test
  19. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

It's the drugs, he needs to get back on them...

So many artists when they stopped the drugs, stopped making good music... Metallica is another good example. Metallica made godly music until? They all went sober, now look at the absolute fucking garbage they put out compared to the stuff they were doing when they were high as shit.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  20. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Different amounts that's all. On Encore he was high as fuck to the point of black-outs and comas.

All he needs is that happy buzz again and we'd hear some nice music.
    test