Eminem Berzerk video

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Do you know the difference between "singing" and "rapping" ? It would appear that you're oblivious to the difference. Yes, he sang on Hailie's Song and admitted that he can't sing (which he can't) so it's fucking stupid for him to continue doing it.

Nails - meet Chalk-board.
    test
  2. Noncentz

I disagree because range matters. Sure, everyone (except the tone deaf) can, with practice, "carry" a tune but that does not mean they can or should be singing.

What you're saying is that people that can "sort of" rap or "sort of" write should be famous and charge money for their work, No.

Eminem cannot sing and someone has to slap him upside the head and remind him of that fact.

He can rap his ass off. No need to sing; and we (people who still pay money for music) aren't paying to hear him hit notes, we're paying him for what he's talented at, rapping.
    test
  3. King-Vis

King-Vis Buy Any Beats Necessary

I gave you examples of Eminem singing on hooks and you're asking me if i know the difference between "singing" and "rapping". Does the hook to "Kim" sound like rapping to you?
    test
  4. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

its true for rapping too...

for example... slug techinically speaking isn't the best rapper in the world... sometimes his flow isn't with the beat, but when I consider everything he brings to the table with his music, hes top 20 all time... mainly because of his excellent storytelling abilities.

Dr. Dre is a great rapper, if we're strictly talking rapping ability, but he doesnt write his own lyrics. does that mean the chronic and chronic 2000 are garbage and no one should have paid for them? no.

as far as singing, I'd be willing to bet there are songs in hip hop you like where the rapper sings. Em sang the hook on Kim like King-vis said. he sang the hook on Just the Two of Us back in 97. he just didnt try to do anything singing wise he couldnt do.

he sand the hook on Marshal Mathers. That was a great hook.

not everything is black and white.
    test
  5. Noncentz

But he's not singing!
    Oh god... did you even study music theory?
    test
  6. Noncentz

He did not sing on "Kim" and he did not sing on "Just the two of us" either.
    test
  7. King-Vis

King-Vis Buy Any Beats Necessary

Your comments are nonsense. You were talking about how Eminem always "rapped" his choruses before "Encore". I know it's not real "singing" what he did on "Kim" but YOU said he alwys rapped on them.

Explain!
    test
  8. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

Is this really a argument that one need voyage beyond the obvious and bring up theory?....dude had distinct tonality and pitch in the songs, probably has autotune all over each millisecond of each take of each track.....
    test
  9. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

I would have strongly agreed if this post stopped after the first paragraph.....I might agree with this if used to critique 808's/Kanye/ etc.....The key thing IMO is how the song sounded, and em didn't sound like he was trying to be ja rule or Toni braxton.....
    test
  10. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

I actually like when Eminem 'sings' shit. Deja Vu chorus, Beautiful chorus, plenty of others. I think he is dope in his 'range'.

Can't stand most other rappers' singing.

Anyway, Berzerk is growing on me every time I watch this video. Song is fucking bananas! An ode to hip hop - finally!
    test
  11. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

I always like it on the first 3 albums or so
    test
  12. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

aaand this makes me think youre a troll.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  13. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

it used to be ok when he sung the occasional hook

now he's abused it by shout-singing excessively and he needs to stop
    test
  14. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

@noncents he's singing on the chorus. He doesn't have any songs where he sings all way through. Unless I missed it.

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  15. allisachasity

allisachasity New Member

I do not like this song. I cannot understand why Eminem made such a stupid video.
    test