Eminem:2nd Biggest Star Ever

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by strykeback24, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strykeback24

strykeback24 Leader

test
  2. pestilence

pestilence now believes he's hyphy.

don't ever forget Led Zeppelin... my boys are sick... sold out Madison Square Garden in record time in 1975... 3 concerts... 3 days... in 4 hours
    test
  3. dj battle cry

dj battle cry Active Member

mike jackson
    elvis
    the beatles
    eminem

he's in that category
    test
  4. strykeback24

strykeback24 Leader

test
  5. SkizzAFrantik

SkizzAFrantik New Member

Where are you getting your numbers from? Because I just went on the RIAA website and checked their "Gold And Platinum" section and it has MMLP clocking in at 9 mil.

Regardless, Eminem isn't at that level yet, and probably never will because his popularity has definitely dropped off. So unless he finds a brilliant album in him, or some incredible publicity stunt to get people talking about him he's gonna stay where he is.
    test
  6. Boston's Finest

Boston's Finest New Member

Nah. Pac is a more respected rapper but Eminem is a bigger rap star. Em opened up a whole new fan base for rap. As much as people may disagree with me for saying it, white people weren't even giving rap a chance until Eminem came along. Em brought the white audience to rap, plain and simple.

As far as this thread, it's bull****. Em is not the 2nd biggest star ever. That is way to broad a category. But he could probably be considered the biggest rap star ever.
    test
  7. mistamystery

mistamystery New Member

Sometimes I come on this site and i think the posts get more and more extreme as the days go by. I think this is a case of someone who has spent the last ten years of their life focusing on nothing but rap and it's caused him to forget celebrities in other genres and cultures.
    test
  8. Nitsuj™

Nitsuj™ We Are The Resistance

I hate to say it, but I think Eminem is more popular than 2pac ever was... But yeah, 2pac was more respected.
    test
  9. TwiztidHarmony

TwiztidHarmony New Member

eminem is 3rd......behind jacko and pac.......
    test
  10. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

Michael Jackson, Elvis, Eminem, 2Pac, Britany Spears, Elton John, The Beatles, the list goes on of hugely popular artists.
    test
  11. realtalk

realtalk New Member

I can gurantee you that the answer to that question is negative....i eman i cant speak for you in your opionioin but generally for like everyone that answer is a mos def no Em is no where near....even comparing him ta MJ im sawrii...but thas a whole notha forum
    test
  12. realtalk

realtalk New Member

test
  13. Max Ayodele

Max Ayodele Godfather

2pac is a bigger rapper than em worldwide
    test
  14. X sample

X sample New Member

sorry kiddo...

The Beatles and Elvis are and were bigger than MJ....

lol @ eminem even getting a mention...pshh
    test
  15. iconoclast_

iconoclast_ PoorBoy Lover Plus

And the Eagles, who have the best selling record of all time.
    test
  16. lally

lally KING SHIT

i know for a fact tupac is more popular than eminem is in europe, africa, middle east and south asia. So i dont see how people would put eminem ahead of tupac as far as popularity goes.

Tupac has continued to sell records without self promotion or nothing. And how could some one who is not that popular have a movie made about thier life get a limited theatre release. And make almost 9 mill in the box office.

Tupac has more fans than eminem has, eminem may be better known these days but tupac still has more fans. Allot of people hate eminem i being one.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.